• I’m sure there are alot of scramble ?'s out there but i was told at a axis tournament where i live that i cant scramble from england….

I believe you can scramble from any air base that is an island or on a coast, correct? I know england isnt considered an island maybe thats why…

help…

• It depends on which version of the rules you are playing. In the latest version of the rules, you can scramble from any air base that is on any territory adjacent to a sea zone where there is naval combat or an amphibious assault happening.

• Thanks, thats what i needed to confirm…

• The airbase has to be operative to scramble w/less than two damage markers.

• You could not scramble from London in the original, 1st edition, out of the box game.  This is possibly why you heard what you did.

As ChocolatePancake explained, in 2nd edition you can scramble from any air base that is on a coast (you don’t have to worry about island status anymore - that only applies to rules regarding the construction of industrial complexes in 2nd edition).

• Customizer

Another little fact. In the first edition, not only could you only scramble from air bases on islands, but it was also unlimited to the units you could scramble. So theoretically, you could have 100 fighters and 100 tactical bombers on an island with an airbase and if an enemy attacks that sea zone, you could scramble all 200 planes. Crazy huh?

In the second edition, any airbase bordering a sea zone could scramble but it was limited to 3 aircraft per air base. I think that rule was actually changed in one of the Alpha upgrades, but I’m not sure which one.

• @knp7765:

Another little fact. In the first edition, not only could you only scramble from air bases on islands, but it was also unlimited to the units you could scramble. So theoretically, you could have 100 fighters and 100 tactical bombers on an island with an airbase and if an enemy attacks that sea zone, you could scramble all 200 planes. Crazy huh?

In the second edition, any airbase bordering a sea zone could scramble but it was limited to 3 aircraft per air base. I think that rule was actually changed in one of the Alpha upgrades, but I’m not sure which one.

I can imagine it. They would have aircraft carriers on land launching additional planes.

Some planes would take off with other planes still on top, those planes would have to take off while in the air to save time.

• @Commando:

The airbase has to be operative to scramble w/less than two damage markers.

I believe you can scramble as long as it has less than 3 damage markers on it.

• Good catch

He probably meant 2 or less, but that’s not what he said  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m