• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Will the next 300 be worth a theater ticket?

Nope. “300” was sort of revolutionary when it came out, but the genre has been re-used and bastardized enough in the interim that I doubt the next movie will be as great. That tends to be the case with sequels that were not planned in the first place.

• @LHoffman:

@Young:

Nope. “300” was sort of revolutionary when it came out, but the genre has been re-used and bastardized enough in the interim that I doubt the next movie will be as great. That tends to be the case with sequels that were not planned in the first place.

So you already have an opinion on a movie that youve never watched ? :P
    Seems legit…

• @Young:

I doubt it as well. Just another trip to the well. Sparta/Greece was already an “empire” at the time of the original movie that’s why Xerxes wanted it.

Although if the token tough feminist in a male dominated world gets disembowled/decapitated or otherwise illustrates why wars are fought by men it might but I’m pretty sure the feminist pandering will grate on everybody interested in the film. She is already grating on me and I’ve only seen previews. I won’t be buying a ticket. Rental/Netflix/Bargain bin if the reviews say it “didn’t suck.”

@Uncrustable:

Seems legit…

That’s the point of all the marketing. So we get an opinion of the movie. “It’s going to be awesome I want to spend money to see that!” is the preferred opinion. I don’t see any reason why, “That doesn’t look very good” is somehow an illegitimate one.

@Uncrustable:

Seems legit…

Totally. He asked, I gave an answer. Anyone who comments on that would be having an opinion on a movie they haven’t seen. And it was more of a prediction than an opinion anyway. It’s not like I was reviewing the movie or something.

• Sponsor

Rental/Netflix/Bargain Bin… “RNB”

…Awesome!

• DIVERGENT, anybody heard of that movie, saw it allready?

• Woah ,what did they just do with TMNT?
    Saw a Trailer on YouTube and I must admitt, Megan doesn’t make the movie any se$$ier!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Saw Divergent with my girlfriend, it’s mildly entertaining but suffers in comparison to The Hunger Games.

The psychological and pharmaceutical elements of the story are interesting though.

• I watched Captain America , it was a good movie, only minor flaws and worth the money.
    A plus 1 from my side!

• @aequitas:

Woah ,what did they just do with TMNT?
    Saw a Trailer on YouTube and I must admitt, Megan doesn’t make the movie any se$$ier!

. I thought the same thing, one could have mistaken the TMNT enemy as Cobra by watching the trailer.

I want my April O’Neil busty and wearing a yellow jumpsuit.

• Megan Fox is one of the few actors whose off screen opinions/actions have soured me to her work. She has to be one of the least attractive beautiful women in the movies.

Cap: Winter Soldier was pretty good. The ending is a bit of a mess and there’s too much shaky cam that almost ruins some great fights (making the shaky cam even more frustrating) plus some why the frell is there shaky cam here crap. First movie in a while that has been so drug down for me from a technical aspect instead of a bad writing one. But the writers and Evans seem to get Cap and I really liked the story.

Easily a top 5 movie of the 9 “Avengers” films (a personal top 3 favorite of that group) arguably a top ten comic movie ever and probably an inarguable top ten since “Blade” in 1998 despite my problems with the tech. Some of the action is fist pumping spectacular even with the shaky cam.

If Winter Soldier was something you thought looked cool it will be worth the ticket.

@frimmel:

If Winter Soldier was something you thought looked cool it will be worth the ticket.

Thanks for the analysis Frim. I am an interested party.

• @ABWorsham:

@aequitas:

Woah ,what did they just do with TMNT?

. I thought the same thing, one could have mistaken the TMNT enemy as Cobra by watching the trailer.

I want my April O’Neil busty and wearing a yellow jumpsuit.

Ya me ,too!
    And what about the Turtles? common, they even looked way better in the first movie with Vanilla Ice!

• Transcendence= Lawnmowerman part deux

• Just saw the amazing Spiderman part 2 and it was amazing.
    We liked it (took my older son to the theatre).
    It’s worth the money!

• Saw “Godzilla” last night. Didn’t suck. Anytime a monster is on screen it is pretty cool. Cranston is cool. The rest is kind of “meh.” The third act kind of rocks and the one stupidity of the script doesn’t drag it down to much. There are some cool things in it but on the whole they didn’t add up to a cool movie. Better than “Pacific Rim” though. YMMV.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Good to know since I’ll probably wind up seeing it. Also is it just me or is Ken Wantanabe one of the few go-to guys for lead Japanese roles in Hollywood?

• I think Ken is just one of the more easily recognized Japanese actors. But he does seem to get all of the more high profile roles.

I know I sounded “down” on the film and it would be fair to say I was a little disappointed. There is some very cool stuff in there but I can’t shake the feeling that they “missed.” Maybe it was just the stupid shaky-cam style they kept going to for what seemed no other reason than the previous few minutes weren’t shaky-cam. That whole technique has more than run its course with me.

• Godzilla was pretty good. The best of these type of movies. Drawbacks are music and actors, all no names. I was hoping they revamped the original score but they just schlock filler music you will never remember. Oh and Godzilla has company in this version. People die in this one unlike the crappy Broderick version where everyone magically has a Parachute and PETA has no complaints.

• This one pretty starkly points out how bad the '98 (Broderick) one is. Even with its faults the new version is not the pile of suck that is the mess Emmerich foisted on us.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m