Protect or try to recapture an enemy capital. What would you do?

• '16

Did England and France even bother to send aid to the USA?

• '19 '18

The game worked out 100% as I said it would :-)

You shouldn’t even have bought the IC’s in Iraq/Persia it seems. It was hard to see the exact army strength from the pictures. Without these IC’s, liberating Calcutta would have been probably way harder.

The Allies did not seem to correctly respond to Japan threatening US soil. I still believe, that with enough help from London, Washington could have been defended.

You can basically do everything you want now, there is no way for you to lose.

You really shouldn’t liberate Italy. Personally, I wouldn’t liberate Germany either. Both would start with 0 units, only very small income and only a minor IC. The non-japanese units can’t attack on their own either, cause they’re probably too weak.

Personally, I’d declare war to the true neutrals now. Take Venezuela, Chile and Argentina for even more extra IPC.

You can the very easily establish a transport rotation from US east+central + London to Spain (with a harbour in spain, that rotation is super strong).
    Going for Norway+Sweden+Finland is a good idea too, cause Russia will have problems defending that.

Convoy Africa, Iraq, Persia and India all the way

• @rjpeters70:

Who controls Berlin and Rome?  If the US, ignore them.  If the British, kill them.  Otherwise, you’ll have a cancer that can roll out three infantry a turn.

Can UK-India use Factories on the Europe map?  I thought only UK-London could.  And Japan controls London now, so I think Berlin/Rome are “dead” in either US or UK hands.

Or am I wrong about that?

• Customizer

Okay, here are a couple of pics. Since Japan totally rules the Pacific and North America, I tried to focus on the main areas of action. Sorry about the glare in Russia, but without that lamp, it was so dark up there the Russian units weren’t even showing up.
    @ch0senfktard:

Did England and France even bother to send aid to the USA?

England did some. They had to repair the factory in Quebec and put some men there to try and keep it from Japan, but failed. They probably could have done more but our UK player was really focused on hitting the Japanese in the Middle East and moving on to liberate India, which he did quite handily.
    By the way Mr. Roboto, you were totally right. Those Middle East ICs were a big mistake for Japan and ended up being a big benefit for the Brits. Although, they might have been sort of a blessing in disguise. England was so intent on taking them that maybe it kept him from sending more help to the US.
    As for France, NO, they did not send any help to the US. For one thing, they have/had no ships at all. Most of France’s help to the Allies was sending tanks, mechs and planes from their captured IC in Romania to liberate Russian and Chinese territories. Japan has had several battles with French forces in southern China.
    Now that the US fell, France has been concentrating on building up defense for their own country.
    @rjpeters70:

Agree on attacking the neutrals at this point.  No reason not to.

Who controls Berlin and Rome?  If the US, ignore them.  If the British, kill them.  Otherwise, you’ll have a cancer that can roll out three infantry a turn.  Besides, if you liberate Germany and Italy, then can quickly get the NOs that are otherwise not available to Japan.  Within two turns, that’s an extra ~30 IPCs that the Axis will be making that Japan would not otherwise be making if it didn’t have Berlin and Rome back in the fight.  Not that it makes any difference.  I don’t see how the Allies recover from this.

EXCELLENT IDEAS!! I didn’t even think about hitting the Neutrals. After all, the Great Powers of the West have felt the Imperial Iron Fist so why shouldn’t all the little piddling Neutrals add their resources to feed the hungry Japanese dragon.
    As for Berlin and Rome, they are BOTH controlled by the US and therefore worthless to the Allies. Japan can take all the German and Italian territory around the capitals and get even richer.
    I was going to call it game over, but now I’m excited to see the Rising Sun on all territories of the world.
    By the way, Japan has all 12 techs on the board. England did too. USA had 8 or 9. Russia even has 5 or 6.
    We give free tech rolls based on income:
    0-24 = 0 rolls
    25-49 = 1 roll
    50-74 = 2 rolls
    75-99 = 3 rolls
    100+ = 4 rolls.
    Every round, each country that qualifies gets free roll(s) based on it’s income. They get to choose which tech they want to roll for. They place a control marker and a tech token(s) on that tech. If they roll a 6 they get that tech. If not, then they leave the tech token(s) and try again next turn ALONG with that current turn’s roll(s). Each new roll(s) have to go on a different tech (so you can’t just stack up free rolls on the same tech).
    As the game goes on, you could end up rolling for several different techs. Also, you could possibly get more than one tech breakthrough in a single turn. Russia got 4 techs in a single turn rolling just 1 die for each.
    I wanted to get tech into the game, but this may be too much tech. One thing I noticed is if both sides have all the same techs, it doesn’t seem to make much difference. You just wipe each other out a little faster. It then falls back to a simple numbers game – If you have more troops, tanks and planes than him, then you win.
    Perhaps I should have simply added each turn’s free rolls to the same tech until it gets a breakthrough then choose a new tech to try for. Maybe my tech chart wouldn’t be quite so crowded.

DSC04620.JPG
    DSC04621.JPG

• Customizer

@rjpeters70:

I’m assuming, since they’ve thrown victory conditions out the window, that Calcutta is now the center of the British empire, and controls all the IPCs and factories everywhere.

But, again, who controls Germany and Rome?  USA?  UK?

Well, I was thinking Calcutta would only get the IPCs from the UK Pacific territories, but I guess they could now control what is left of the UK Europe territories. Doubt that it will really help them in the long run, but it might be an interesting twist.

• '19 '18

You don’t really need any more help in this game, it’s basically impossible for you not to win.

However, I would not suggest to attack Normandy just yet. It will just be recaptured directly.

I still think, taking the Scandinavian territories and Portugal/Spain is the way to go.

• Customizer

FINAL UPDATE
    Hey y’all,
    Well, we finished it today. It took a total of 25 rounds. Japan has a territorial income of 275 IPCs. I figured out that is the maximum that Japan could get. It includes all Allied territories, all neutral territories plus all German and Italian territories outside of their capitals. So, that leaves another 8 IPCs on the table under US control, but if Japan took those two territories, that would be 32 less IPCs for Japan (25 to Germany and 7 to Italy). Of course, since we kind of threw the rules for victory out of the window, I suppose we could have simply altered the liberation rules too and simply say that anything Japan conquers is Japanese and that Germany and Italy are out permanently.
    Look at my pics. That’s what it looks like when Japan rules the world! A Japanese marker on just about every territory available on the board. I did miss a few small ones. Sicily and Sardinia were never taken by the Allies so they actually remain in Italian control. Crete and Eire I simply forgot to move any troops into.
    So now Japan rules the world. It might not be so bad. Japanese chicks are cute.

DSC04626.JPG
    DSC04627.JPG

• Customizer

Here’s the center part of the map I couldn’t get in the first two shots.

By the way, we use Neutral blocks so attacking a Neutral in South America doesn’t affect a Neutral in Europe or the Middle East. So when I (Japan) went after the Neutrals, I simply went after one block at a time so I didn’t leave any “free” troops to the Allies.

DSC04628.JPG

• EPIC.

Am curious as to why you have so many rising tokens.

• Customizer

1Bean432,

@1Bean432:

EPIC.

Am curious as to why you have so many rising tokens.

––Because he intended,…and has pre-planned to Rule the World!  :-o :-D :-o

––Truly “epic”,…and no doubt Fun!

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m