• Japan non-dow round 1 standard
    purchase 3 transports 1 destroyer

• Customizer

I have a few questions and/or observations:
    1> I like what you did with the Soviet NO for Axis/Neutral territories. Having to be 1 or more IPCs eliminates Russia going after Crete or Sicily. However, you should add the words WITHIN EUROPE so you don’t see Russian units trying to go after Iraq, Libya or Ethiopia. Or does the restriction of Allied units on Soviet territory work the other way as well? No Soviet units in Allied territories or on Allied transports? If that’s the case, then that problem is solved too.

2> The OOB Japanese NO of $5 per territory for control of India, New South Wales, Hawaii and Western United States was not listed. Did you omit that NO on purpose?

3> I realize that tech rolls for the Allies are determined by adding together all of their territorial incomes and I am assuming that any breakthrough goes for all of them. (E.G. Heavy Bombers for USA means Heavy Bombers for UK, ANZAC and France as well.) A couple of questions about this:
      A> Since China doesn’t really get techs, do you still include their income when figuring tech rolls for the Allies?
      B> It’s a pretty standard G1 move to take France, Normandy and Southern France right off the bat. Even though France’s money then goes to Germany and they can no longer purchase units, capturing those 3 territories takes 9 IPCs from France’s income leaving them at 10 IPCs on the National Production Chart. Do you count that 10 IPCs in with the other Allies’ production amounts to get the Allies’ total? Or once a capital is lost, is that country’s remaining production amount disregarded until it is liberated?

4> Rockets are supposed to have a range of 4. Also, rocket attacks are NOT susceptible to AA.

5> Heavy Bombers should get to roll 2 dice and keep BOTH, not just the best result. Heavy Bombers are bigger and pack a more powerful punch. They should be able to get the possibility of 2 hits in combat. As for SBRs, with regular bombers you roll 1 die then add +2 to the result. Rolling 2 dice and just keeping the best of the two could end up making them worse than regular bombers. You should get a bonus for getting Heavy Bombers. They cause more damage. Add both dice together, but no +2 to the result.

By the way, I like your tech system. In most of our games, tech almost never gets used because no one wants to spend money on it. Now we can get some tech into the game.

• @knp7765:

I have a few questions and/or observations:
    1> I like what you did with the Soviet NO for Axis/Neutral territories. Having to be 1 or more IPCs eliminates Russia going after Crete or Sicily. However, you should add the words WITHIN EUROPE so you don’t see Russian units trying to go after Iraq, Libya or Ethiopia. Or does the restriction of Allied units on Soviet territory work the other way as well? No Soviet units in Allied territories or on Allied transports? If that’s the case, then that problem is solved too.

No its not limited to European territories. And there is no restriction on Soviet units. Zero IPC territories was the cheese (Sicily, Sardina, Somililand…)

2> The OOB Japanese NO of $5 per territory for control of India, New South Wales, Hawaii and Western United States was not listed. Did you omit that NO on purpose?

A mistake, is supposed to be there thanks.

3> I realize that tech rolls for the Allies are determined by adding together all of their territorial incomes and I am assuming that any breakthrough goes for all of them. (E.G. Heavy Bombers for USA means Heavy Bombers for UK, ANZAC and France as well.) A couple of questions about this:
       A> Since China doesn’t really get techs, do you still include their income when figuring tech rolls for the Allies?
       B> It’s a pretty standard G1 move to take France, Normandy and Southern France right off the bat. Even though France’s money then goes to Germany and they can no longer purchase units, capturing those 3 territories takes 9 IPCs from France’s income leaving them at 10 IPCs on the National Production Chart. Do you count that 10 IPCs in with the other Allies’ production amounts to get the Allies’ total? Or once a capital is lost, is that country’s remaining production amount disregarded until it is liberated?

I do not count China’s income towards tech rolls, also its not money in the bank, rather your current total production value (territories), NOs and IPCs saved do not count. Also remember USA’s income wont count until its at war, and Russian wont start collecting tokens until its at war either. I did still count France territories after Paris fell.

4> Rockets are supposed to have a range of 4. Also, rocket attacks are NOT susceptible to AA.

Again a mistake, they do have a range of 4. Thanks. The AA i added to mitigate them a little, remember airbases cost 12 now. Even so its just 1D6 to get past for each airbases rocket attack.

5> Heavy Bombers should get to roll 2 dice and keep BOTH, not just the best result. Heavy Bombers are bigger and pack a more powerful punch. They should be able to get the possibility of 2 hits in combat. As for SBRs, with regular bombers you roll 1 die then add +2 to the result. Rolling 2 dice and just keeping the best of the two could end up making them worse than regular bombers. You should get a bonus for getting Heavy Bombers. They cause more damage. Add both dice together, but no +2 to the result.

Heavy bombers were switched to LHTR (Larry Harris Tournament Rules) quite some time ago. The old heavy bombers were simply too powerfull, every game would be: whoever gets heavy bombers wins.
    Regardless as per the Europe 2nd edition rulebook:
    Heavy Bombers: Your strategic bombers are now heavy bombers. When attacking, whether in a battle or a strategic bombing raid, roll two dice for each bomber and select the best result.”
    Nowhere does it say “dont add 2 to dice during SBR”
    Heavy bombers would roll 2 dice for SBR, select the best dice, add 2 to that dice, and that total is applied to the facility.

By the way, I like your tech system. In most of our games, tech almost never gets used because no one wants to spend money on it. Now we can get some tech into the game.

Thanks knp7765

• Round 2:
    The European Axis declare war on all the European Neutrals, taking them all in one swift play except for Portugal.
    Portugal is activated as an UKEurope territory.
    -This means that during the Allies next turn they will receive one IPC from Portugal and may transport the 2 infantry to a different location.

Japan declares war on France and takes FIC, while building a naval base on Hainan.

So far not a single successful tech roll for either side :(

• Updated setup changes:

Setup Changes:
    Axis:
    SZ96 - remove destroyer and transport
    SZ95 - remove submarine
    Ethiopia - remove artillery
    N Italy - remove bomber, add fighter
    S Italy - remove fighter, add tactical bomber
    S Italy - remove fighter
    Tobruk - remove artillery
    Italian Somaliland - remove infantry
    Allies:
    SZ71 - add UK transport
    SZ98 - remove tactical bomber, carrier, destroyer and transport.
    SZ92 - add tactical bomber, carrier and destroyer
    SZ4 - add Soviet submarine
    UK(London) - add artillery
    Alexandria - remove tank
    Egypt - add tank
    Malta - remove fighter, infantry and AAA
    Gibraltar - add Airbase and infantry
    Ukraine - add artillery
    Sakha - add 2 artillery

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

There’s a lot of cool stuff in here.  I like the things that would simplify the game, like having just 4 major powers and streamlining the price and function of facilities (all cost $12, all increase movement of land/air/sea units by +1, all can be damaged by the owner as scorched earth).  I wonder if it might be possible further simplify.  How about you drop NOs and tech altogether, have all powers start at war, and just let the dice start flying?

• @variance:

There’s a lot of cool stuff in here.  I like the things that would simplify the game, like having just 4 major powers and streamlining the price and function of facilities (all cost $12, all increase movement of land/air/sea units by +1, all can be damaged by the owner as scorched earth).  I wonder if it might be possible further simplify.  How about you drop NOs and tech altogether, have all powers start at war, and just let the dice start flying?Â

Dropping NOs would definitely simplify it.

Tech adds some fun to it and creates varying strategy, but is usually an optional rule anyhow.
    Its just OOB tech always seems like a slapped on thing at the end of the game creation process.

I’d be in favor of a NO-less version though, would make F2F game faster paced.

• Shouldn’t this be in House Rules?

• Sponsor

@Red:

Shouldn’t this be in House Rules?

Yes it should!!

Yet another house rules thread back from the grave in the 1940 Global forum…

THIS IS BS!!! Doesn’t anyone else see what’s wrong with this? aren’t the moderators monitoring this forum?

• However, my biggest problem is USA being forced to split it’s IPCs between Europe and the Pacific theaters.  What?  Since when did the United States do an even split?  You’re disabling the American ability to flexibly respond to crises as they arise?  I.e., “looks like UK is going down due to Sea Lion and Russia is in deep doo doo.  Too bad we can’t spend more in the European theater, even though the Japanese fleet is destroyed…  Got to build more Carriers in San Francisco”  That’s crazy.

I agree here, I’ve since changed my mind about this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m