• Hi guys,

For those of you that are -like me- craving for new minis and life to Axis and Allies miniatures but who are tired of waiting; here’s an alternative: Tide of Iron. For those of you that don’t know it: the game has been around for a number of years already, but like AAM has suffered from a lack of support from its original publisher, Fanatsy Flight Games. However, in March this year 1agames.com required the license for the game and they are determined to give the game and the fans the attention and future it deserves. Their staff clearly consists of people that are themselves crazy about the game and it shows, if you ask me.

They have great plans for the development of the game; just to name a few: The Pacific, Poland '39, Winter War (Finland 39-40), 2 more African desert expansions, map packs and scenario books. Check out the link below.

However, they do need the help from us -avid miniature [war]gaming enthusiasts to make it happen as you can see below.

Let’s all unite as wargamers and make TOI’s future!

Just to be clear; I have no commercial interest in the game whatsoever, I’m just a wargaming enthusiast like you!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1069960/tide-of-iron-needs-you

• '18 Customizer

Doesn’t this belong elsewhere?

Anyways TOI is/was the crappiest game ive ever played. I scorn the day we decided to invest in the game and its expansions. It has the longest most drawn out turns ive ever played. Its almost impossible to move units and have the game progress at anything but a snales pace. Scenarios are complicated and difficult to create and the company only has so many pre arranged scenarios. I don’t know what up with their LOS rules. The minis are pure plastic crap with poor sculpts and no paint. They only redeeming point of the game is the maps mounted on cardboard and after you rework the terrain they work pretty good with AAM.

• @Field:

Doesn’t this belong elsewhere?

Anyways TOI is/was the crappiest game ive ever played. I scorn the day we decided to invest in the game and its expansions. It has the longest most drawn out turns ive ever played. Its almost impossible to move units and have the game progress at anything but a snales pace. Scenarios are complicated and difficult to create and the company only has so many pre arranged scenarios. I don’t know what up with their LOS rules. The minis are pure plastic crap with poor sculpts and no paint. They only redeeming point of the game is the maps mounted on cardboard and after you rework the terrain they work pretty good with AAM.

Well, they actually do offer fully painted miniatures as well, though at a hefty price tag admittedly. then again, I’ve personally invested at least $3000 in AAM too over the years, so it all depends on one’s perspective.

The LOS rules are actually also being addressed. The maps are indeed great (unlike AAM’s) and personally I do believe that overall the miniatures are great looking. Yes, the scale isn’t always correct, but doesn’t that also go for AAM?  :-)

OK, so it’s definitely not your cup of tea. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. I do hope some other do like it. To each their own.

• Hi all,

Chris Williams, the sales and marketing manager from 1A Games here; we assumed production of TOI from FFG this past year.

Yes, we are trying to fix some of the issues with the older Big Box edition; notably imbalances in the scenarios. If you have any questions, I’m here on the site now, so feel free to ask.

Thanks!

ps - yes, please be part of TOI’s future (I’d say more, but don’t want to offend anyone or be accused of soliciting or spamming)

• Customizer

@RoManXJ9:

Hi all,

Chris Williams, the sales and marketing manager from 1A Games here; we assumed production of TOI from FFG this past year.

Yes, we are trying to fix some of the issues with the older Big Box edition; notably imbalances in the scenarios. If you have any questions, I’m here on the site now, so feel free to ask.

Thanks!

ps - yes, please be part of TOI’s future (I’d say more, but don’t want to offend anyone or be accused of soliciting or spamming)

I haven’t played but own the main game and expansions. It’s been a time issue but the game looks good and can’t wait to get a session in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m