New Expansion Packs for Global?

• '13

I was looking to buy some peices after i bought a board. However they seem to be off the market for the time being…

Any news on it?

• '13

Well, i checked the site again and found that there are new expansion packs that are being introduced.

So how does that all work out? Is there still a “lot” of peices i can buy, or do i have to buy them individualy for global. Or should i wait and see what will come out later?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Global-War-1936-46-Expansion-Sets_c_448-2-3.html

• I ended up ordering most of the pieces individually myself.  Check your order when you receive it though.  There’s been a few times when I got mine and a few pieces where missing, especially on the bigger orders.

In regards to plans for an updated “lot” for the game, I’m not the right guy to ask.  It would make things a bit easier though somewhat if they had one available.  They have actual specific designs for alot of the different countries now, which effectively makes the old “lot” of painted pieces obsolete.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Quintus,

Everything you need for Global 39 exists on HBG’s website. If you have a recent A and A game you have many of the necessary pieces already.

I suggest:

Germany and Axis Minors sets in black, grey, yellow, dark grey, and mustard. Marines, a US supplement sets (try at least two), Japanese supplement, Russian early and late war, neutral sets  in at least five colours, 20 each of naval base and air field markers, and at least 20 twelve sided dice in the colours you prefer (I went with red and white at first).

Get SS, Guards, Commando, Airbourne, Fallschirm, Marines, SNLF etc markers.

My understanding is that the just announced expansions are to add a new dimension to the game and bring forward battles on an operational level within the larger strategic context (I am super excited about this).

• '13

Alright,thanks for the advice. I went and made a list on the pieces I thought were appropriate for the units, and have put some fortifications on it as well.

Will 1940 second editions have enough air and naval fields or will I need to buy more?

I don’t have Global 40 second edition (just first) but you more than likely will have enough to start. I bought the HBG markers because I absolutely despise the cardboard markers.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum and I’m in the same boat as far as the Global 1939 supplement set. HBG is out of them. I saw your suggestions on units, but I don’t know what roundels I need for the game. They had the list up on their site until a couple of days ago, but it is no longer there. I wished I had copied it now. This is the reason I haven’t bought a map because they are out of this supplement set on their website. Can you tell me what roundels I need? I would appreciate it. I have been wanting to buy the map and play, but this is the reason that has stopped me from purchasing it.

Thanks for any replies!

John Brown

• '13

I managed to salvage it. Here you go man.:)

I ordered my peices. I hope ill be satisfied.

Global1939PartsList-Website-1.pdf

Great man! I really appreciate this. I was kicking myself for not copying it. Thanks again!

John Brown

• Gentlemen

My name is Will Henson, I am one of the designers on the island warfare expansion pack.
    My new website is up with an update on island warfare. This is going to be pretty exciting
    with the other top 5 (yes 5) expansion sets also on the drawing board, I’m excited about what
    this will bring to Global 1939.  I listen to you guys on the forum for ideas and desires�so keep posting!

Check out the site: wargamereport.com

• '10

@willhenson:

Gentlemen

My name is Will Henson, I am one of the designers on the island warfare expansion pack.
    My new website is up with an update on island warfare. This is going to be pretty exciting
    with the other top 5 (yes 5) expansion sets also on the drawing board, I’m excited about what
    this will bring to Global 1939.  I listen to you guys on the forum for ideas and desires�so keep posting!

Really liked the site.  Some good reads.

Here is the link for the rest of you.

http://www.wargamereport.com/2013/12/09/island-warfare-is-coming/

@willhenson:

Gentlemen

this will bring to Global 1939. � I listen to you guys on the forum for ideas and desires�so keep posting!

Will, welcome to the forum. I checked out your website and, and you have got me pumped for these new units. Because of all the things you guys have planned, it won’t be just a game day, we will be playing one game for a week because of all the strategies that will be added to the game. This is so exciting. Cheers to you for making my day. :-D

@FieldMarshalGames:

@willhenson:

Gentlemen

this will bring to Global 1939. � I listen to you guys on the forum for ideas and desires�so keep posting!

Really liked the site.�  Some good reads.

Here is the link for the rest of you.

http://www.wargamereport.com/2013/12/09/island-warfare-is-coming/

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. :-D

John

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’ll repeat my oft-said phrase,…“Three cheers for Historical Board Gaming”! They supply QUALITY items for all of us ‘A&A addicts’ to get our ‘fix’ with.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Hoooooooooooooooorahh!

Hoooooooooooooooorahh!

Hoooooooooooooooorahh!

So now that we know about the new expansions, how many of each set, is everyone buying? I want to get at least 3 of everything. That way I will have enough for any conflict on the game board. :-D

• Customizer

@John:

So now that we know about the new expansions, how many of each set, is everyone buying? I want to get at least 3 of everything. That way I will have enough for any conflict on the game board. :-D

Personally it will all depend on what is in each set. I usually like to have at least ten of each unit sometimes twenty of each color.

I don’t have an HBG Global map and use thier custom units for my own HRs and variants.

@toblerone77:

@John:

Personally it will all depend on what is in each set. I usually like to have at least ten of each unit sometimes twenty of each color.

I don’t have an HBG Global map and use thier custom units for my own HRs and variants.

That makes sense.  For Island Warfare, I will probably by 3 sets of it because I think I know most of the pieces HBG is going to offer in it, since they have advertised it enough.

• Customizer

Yeah John 3 sounds about right.

The new Japanese pieces are perfect in quantity composition of units so I’ve been ordering whole sets of those rather than a lot of singles like I’ve done in the past. The second set I might cherry pick once they become available as singles, but whole sets are such a good deal I almost would rather have extra units I don’t like as much.

Now when the Romanian/Hungary Minors set comes out, I might not buy as much. I will wait and see what is in the set first and make my decision then. Like you said, take one set at a time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m