Help needed finding someone's 43 or 44 Global scenario

• Can anyone remember where  the 1943, or might have been 1944, scenario someone posted last year might be? I have found Bluecoat’s idea and I did not mean that one. I am sure this one had a set up already devised. Unfortunately, I am sure I remember that the creator has since moved on, or at least changed his identity.
    I fancy revisiting it now I have time to set it up and play.
    Any help will be very welcome.
    I have looked back in Global, Europe, House Rules and Variants with no luck.

• Is it perhaps one of these two threads?  I’ve only glanced at them, so they may not be relevant.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12976.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12738.0

• Thank you for your time Marc. I saw those and they are for Anniversary(from 2008).
    I wonder if the thread was pulled by the poster.
    I am sure I did not imagine it!

Hope you have been well.

• Customizer

Hey wittmann,
    No, you weren’t imagining things. I think oztea made up a 1943 Global Alpha +3 setup. I have it all in spreadsheets, but I couldn’t find the original papers that I am sure I had to print from the forum.
    I just took a quick look around in the first 17 pages of the Variants thread, House Rules thread and Global 1940 thread and just could not find it. At least not in the titles. Unless he placed it under a subject someone else started so it is under a different title.
    If you want, I could type it out for you in a PM or e-mail.

• That is kind, but too much effort Knp.
    I am convinced the creator has disappeared and erased his posts.
    I looked back at my posts and found one I made to him, but the person to whom I address my comments has gone!
    It was not Oztea. I was going to post this morning to tell you all not to worry thinking and looking for me.
    Thanks again.

• Customizer

Okay, that’s cool. If you change your mind, let me know. It’s a pretty cool setup. You wouldn’t believe the huge amount of air power the US has, and a pretty large navy. Russia has a bunch of infantry on the Eastern Front. It even has France with some navy but just 1 single infantry in Tunisia.
    I played it once and it was an Axis loss. Really, I don’t think the Axis could win in this setup. Italy is almost beaten down to nothing. Germany has a fair amount of territory and are pretty strong, but the Allies + Russia are pretty strong too and all around Germany. Japan has a lot of territory but is very spread out. If I remember right, the US Navy just came along and bullied the remainder of the Japanese Navy out of existence. After that, Japan pretty much started losing ground on every front.

• @knp7765:

Okay, that’s cool. If you change your mind, let me know. It’s a pretty cool setup. You wouldn’t believe the huge amount of air power the US has, and a pretty large navy. Russia has a bunch of infantry on the Eastern Front. It even has France with some navy but just 1 single infantry in Tunisia. I played it once and it was an Axis loss. Really, I don’t think the Axis could win in this setup. Italy is almost beaten down to nothing. Germany has a fair amount of territory and are pretty strong, but the Allies + Russia are pretty strong too and all around Germany. Japan has a lot of territory but is very spread out. If I remember right, the US Navy just came along and bullied the remainder of the Japanese Navy out of existence. After that, Japan pretty much started losing ground on every front.

All in all, this sounds like a pretty accurate description of the actual situation that existed in 1943 and of the subsequent course of events.

• Hi Marc. Hi Knp. Thanks again for the offer.
    I would play the scenario, even if my side(the Baddies) always lost. I love going down in flames and taking the world with me.
    As Marc said, is historically correct, so I would not complain, just enjoy the rearward steps towards my  capitals!

• @wittmann:

I would play the scenario, even if my side(the Baddies) always lost. I love going down in flames and taking the world with me.
    As Marc said, is historically correct, so I would not complain, just enjoy the rearward steps towards my  capitals!

On that subject, I think you’ll be interested in a passage I once read somewhere (it may have been in Gwynne Dyer’s book War).  The author was, as I recall, discussing the ability of fully mobilized states to keep fighting a total war long after it’s clear that they have no chance of winning, and as an example he referred to the fact that, in April 1945, the German Army was still on its feet and still resisting, even though the Western and Eastern Fronts were now so close to each other that the Wehrmacht was practically fighting back to back down the middle of a devastated Germany.

• Customizer

I was thinking of what a March, 1945 scenario setup might look like. Perhaps something like Germany having about 10 infantry, 1 artillery and 1 tank in Germany, and perhaps a couple of guys up in Norway (I think Norway remained occupied right up to the end).
    Meanwhile, Russia would be in Poland with 20 infantry, 10 artillery, 10 tanks, 5 fighters and 4 tacs. Russia would be in Slovakia/Hungary with another 18 infantry, 9 artillery, 8 tanks. The US would be in Greater Southern Germany with 15 infantry, 10 tanks, 10 mechs and 8 artillery. US, UK and France would all be in Western Germany with big stacks of infantry, tanks and planes.
    Wouldn’t it be fun to play this game out? Round 1: Russia attacks Germany. Game over.
    The setup would take longer than the play. Although I guess the Pacific side might go a little longer. Japan would have no navy but a big stack of Kamikaze markers to keep throwing at the huge US fleet.

• Thank you Marc.
    I love the closing stages of the European war as much as the exhilarating early German successes.
    I am dying(have said) to have an A&A end of war scenario game, where one victorious battle,  East or West,North or South,  would grant me breathing space on the other Front.
    I am a simple man at heart!

• Knp: I would set up Germany, then tell my opponents(nasty Imperialists), I was off to get some beer and crisps. And not come back. Instead, sit in my cellar with Blondie(the cat would have to pretend) and see how long before my friends called me to say it was all over.

Perhaps, I should ask you for that game! Did you say it was Oztea’s?
    I could PM him, if so. Was it for Global?

• Thank you Knp.
    This is probably it! Great work. I probably scribbled it down, then packed it away somewhere never to see the light of day.
    I wlll set it up soon. And I refuse to win as the Axis. It would be wrong!

• Customizer

Hey Guys,
    I took down the 43 setup per request of the original creator of that setup, MidnightExpress. He said it needed improvements and didn’t want an inferior setup here. So wait for a while and I’m sure he will put up a better setup when he has it ready.

• Thank you Knp.
    Glad Midnight Express thinks it needs tweaking.
    Are definitely too many Allied units(Air and Naval):

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m