How Are You Using Your (HBG/FMG/Table Tactics/Other) Battle Pieces?

• Customizer

BJones & Others,

––While I completely understand and respect that all players can make their own versions of
    House Rules, the reasons I prefer making only twin-engine fighters into Long-Range Fighters is for the logical , ease of identity, and ‘gameplay’ concerns. We must remember,….that this is a game.
    ----I’m as serious a military historian as anyone, probably more than most. Heck, I’m about to build a museum. But my point is that we are usually better off (in this game) when we decide to make certain ‘concessions’ to reality in order not needlessly complicate matters and to ‘speed’ along the game.
    ----IMHO, any/all home rules should be logical, easy to implement, and not complicate the gaming process any more than necessary. Otherwise, we’ll slow our already long games down to where they possibly wouldn’t be as fun.
    ----Think of the time it would take to distinguish if there were any long-range fighters among all of the single-engine fighters. IMHO, it would be much faster and greatly superior to only have ‘twin-engine’ fighters to represent    Long-Range Fighters.
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----In a simular thought process, I have decided that all of my Air Transports will have a White nose and wingtips in order that they would be distinctive enough to give everyone a visual clue to their special capabilities of Paratroop Drops. The White coloring is not only disticntive, but sub-consiously suggests the White parachutes it’s capable of carrying. Check them out, below.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7906_zps167581c4.jpg

• @MidnightExpress:

I haven’t seen much on the Table Tactics pieces so I thought I’d chime in.

Thanks for the interesting post that I’ll study in more detail when I have a chance, since I have all the TT pieces too, but I have a question in the meantime about the “TT Mustang Fighter” to which you refer.  I can’t visualize what unit this is.  Are you referring to the twin-boomed fighter?  I always assumed this was a Lightning.  The Mustang was a single-engined fighter with a conventionally-shaped fuselage.

• I do believe that the Jet Fighter from Table Tactics is a He 162 not a Me-262. And thank you I’ve been trying to figure out how to use them with every nation that got Jet Fighters getting Jet Fighters from HBG. Jet Tactic Bombers. I’ll have to do research to see if they were developed and experimented with.

As far as the '41 carriers go for the Allies they are stand-ins for Midway and Malta Class carrier with HBG small carrier being Jeep Carriers.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I keep hearing you all talk about table tactics. Is this another game’s pieces?

Can one of you provide a link to this game and their pieces?

Just trying to follow the conversation. I’m in the dark here, LOL. :-D

Thanks,

John

• @John:

Thanks,

John

Table Tactics was a company that sold 3 Axis and Allies Expansions.

One called Central Powers it took the Classic map and made it into a WW1 game. The expansion came with the new units you needed to play the game and new set-up charts but you still needed Classic. The downside was it was still the same basic set up Germany and Japan vs. USA, UK, and Russia.

There was also a WW3 expansion that was basically the same as Central Powers but different new pieces and different set-up.

The last expansion was an expansion on basic Axis and Allies adding new units like landmines, V-2s, Fighter Jets, Super Bombers, Heavy Fighter, Landing Craft, and Jeeps.

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=549

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=550

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=551

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5039

When revised came out they even went out and came out with a set you could get so your units match the new nations colors.

You’ll have to keep an eye out on ebay to find them now a days

@Yavid:

@John:

Thanks,

John

Table Tactics was a company that sold 3 Axis and Allies Expansions.

One called Central Powers it took the Classic map and made it into a WW1 game. The expansion came with the new units you needed to play the game and new set-up charts but you still needed Classic. The downside was it was still the same basic set up Germany and Japan vs. USA, UK, and Russia.

There was also a WW3 expansion that was basically the same as Central Powers but different new pieces and different set-up.

The last expansion was an expansion on basic Axis and Allies adding new units like landmines, V-2s, Fighter Jets, Super Bombers, Heavy Fighter, Landing Craft, and Jeeps.

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=549

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=550

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=551

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5039

When revised came out they even went out and came out with a set you could get so your units match the new nations colors.

You’ll have to keep an eye out on ebay to find them now a days

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it. :-)

• the detail on the units weren’t great but they were top of the line back when they were released. the P-38 wizards does puts the Table Tactics one to shame to the point that I use the Table Tactics one as a night fighter and don’t get them confused with the regular P-38 on the same board in the same territories.

@Yavid:

the detail on the units weren’t great but they were top of the line back when they were released. the P-38 wizards does puts the Table Tactics one to shame to the point that I use the Table Tactics one as a night fighter and don’t get them confused with the regular P-38 on the same board in the same territories.

Yes, it seems to have come a long way from then, but your finding uses for them. :-)

• yeah I use the V2s, the jeeps, heavy fighters, Super Bombers (for the Allies), Jet Fighters for all nations except Germany, landmines,

@Yavid:

yeah I use the V2s, the jeeps, heavy fighters, Super Bombers (for the Allies), Jet Fighters for all nations except Germany, landmines,

That’s cool! So what does Germany use?

• @John:

@Yavid:

yeah I use the V2s, the jeeps, heavy fighters, Super Bombers (for the Allies), Jet Fighters for all nations except Germany, landmines,

Germany gets the Me-262 from HBG and Germany and Japan gets the Ju-488 and G8N Rita for the super bomber. The piece looks just like a B-29 so it’s good for USA and Russia as far as UK goes ssshhhh were not going to mention they didn’t get a B-29

When all nations get a proper Jet Fighter then I’ll find a new use for the T.T. one

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

Germany gets the Me-262 from HBG and Germany and Japan gets the Ju-488 and G8N Rita for the super bomber. The piece looks just like a B-29 so it’s good for USA and Russia as far as UK goes ssshhhh were not going to mention they didn’t get a B-29

When all nations get a proper Jet Fighter then I’ll find a new use for the T.T. one

Hopefully, it won’t be too long for all nations to have at least one piece to represent each military piece they need as technology rises. :-)

• I need to do an in depth look at what each nation has and what is missing. So I can complain to HBG over and over again about missing the piece so they make it. But right now I’m doing an in depth look at what everyone has and what pieces I have that aren’t being used.

@Yavid:

I need to do an in depth look at what each nation has and what is missing. So I can complain to HBG over and over again about missing the piece so they make it. But right now I’m doing an in depth look at what everyone has and what pieces I have that aren’t being used.

That would be great to have a list of every nation’s pieces. It would be a WW2 checklist. Many hobbies have checklists. Why not axis and allies? :-D

• @Yavid:

I need to do an in depth look at what each nation has and what is missing. So I can complain to HBG over and over again about missing the piece so they make it. But right now I’m doing an in depth look at what everyone has and what pieces I have that aren’t being used.

You can get a list of the OOB A&A sculpts by consulting the unit identification charts I prepared:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

• @John:

@Yavid:

That would be great to have a list of every nation’s pieces. It would be a WW2 checklist. Many hobbies have checklists. Why not axis and allies? :-D

The difference between most hobbies is most hobbies are all done by one company. Axis and Allies pieces have now been done is at least 7 different companies during it’s run. So it’s up to the players themselves to come up with a list.

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

The difference between most hobbies is most hobbies are all done by one company. Axis and Allies pieces have now been done is at least 7 different companies during it’s run. So it’s up to the players themselves to come up with a list.

Well you got a point there, but I meant it is cool you are coming up with these ideas. I guess I should explained it better.

• I had a list of Axis and Allies pieces all written up by nation and who made them, but that was on my old computer and my 3 year old broke the computer. I might be able to get into the thing to get the list off of it to at least post it up for everyone else. It’s something I’ll try this weekend.

• @John:

@Yavid:

I’m working on posting a list of Axis and Allies pieces now Germany and Russia is up under the House Rules forum

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

I’m working on posting a list of Axis and Allies pieces now Germany and Russia is up under the House Rules forum

Great man! Thanks so much! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m