• @Meijing:

Why do I not see headlines every day on the frontpage speaking about all the wonders and majesty of how the USA has straightened up Iraq?

oh come on - there is some reason. After all - look at that news footage of all of the Iraqis cheering at the toppled statue of Saddam :roll:

I’m living in a country part of which wasn’t democratic for 40 years. And it wasn’t war or an ultimatum which brought the change. In fact the BRD (West Germany) recorgnized the DDR (East Germany) as a sovereign state and even lent money to it. On the contrary Cuba remains communistic despite a US embargo and military action.

this is funny (not in the haha sense)
    I firmly believe that if the US took exactly the opposite direction with regards to Cuba for the last hundred years or so (i.e. with every fork in the road if it made a different choice) then things would be much different. The US chased Cuba into the arms of Russia making Castro choose a more communist road than he was prepared to go down. With each of the hostile maneuvers directed at Cuba and Castro, Cuba reacted against them (not with - surprising, eh?). What happened is that Canada and Spain are two of the few democratic/capitalistic nations who have Castro’s ear. The problem with this is that the carrot is not big enough yet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m