• @Lizardbaby:

I never turned it off before. Plus I have comepletly lost my mind. I plan to drink heavily tonight. Stress at work has beat me down.

Have fun feeling like Sh*t the next day…smoking doesn’t do that to you…not that I would know… :o

• Naw. I drink Wisky and I am a wuss. My version of drink heavily probablly would not even get Dzrt started. Put the kids to bed then pull out the bottle. Only thing I will get is a decent nights sleep. CC could tell us why that’s bad. Whatever, I need sleep!!!

• my friend is obsessed with whiskey…it’s disgusting in my opinion…

• Well I really like the hard stuff. I kinda wish I had never tasted really good booze. I am a poor boy. Wife gets me the stuff you can either drink or clean lime deposits off your shower. Bright side is, if I pass out in the John what I spill will clean the floor really good. Just don’t get any on your shirt. It’s like that scene in Aliens when he gets the acid blood on him. Cheers! See you all tomorrow! Or maybe later. Don’t expect me to be up to these high standards though.

• '19 Moderator

Funny you should say that, I played a Game of revised this weekend I was Russia and the UK in a 4 PLayer game. I drank about 3/4 of a fifth of Jamison and still pulled off a resounding victory. Muhahaha….

• @Lizardbaby:

Naw. I drink Wisky and I am a wuss. My version of drink heavily probablly would not even get Dzrt started. Put the kids to bed then pull out the bottle. Only thing I will get is a decent nights sleep. CC could tell us why that’s bad. Whatever, I need sleep!!!

if you like, i could tell you why drinking alcohol before you go to bed is counterproductive (this is the kind of thing i tell my patients, anyway). 8)

• @cystic:

if you like, i could tell you why drinking alcohol before you go to bed is counterproductive (this is the kind of thing i tell my patients, anyway). 8)

please do…i don’t know what you mean by “counterproductive”

• CC,
    Crud. Wish I woulda read this before I opened the bottle! :) I woulda still opened it course, but I like to be informed.
    I don’t really drink much. I will probablly put away 12 oz or so. Decent amount of wiskey, but I don’t drink often. I am certainly feeling relaxed atm.

• @Mr.:

@cystic:

please do…i don’t know what you mean by “counterproductive”

it’s all about GABA receptors.
    When you first drink, yes, the alcohol relaxes you. This is because of its effects on GABA receptors. These receptors are responsible for excitation. If you block them off (with drugs like Ativan/Valium/Imovane, and alcohol) then you decrease the stimulation you’d otherwise be bombarded with and fall asleep more easily. The kicker is early in the morning when the drug gets excreted from the body. All of these receptors that were previously tied up are now suddenly open for business. This is why you are wide awake too early in the morning, this is why people require a “hair o’ the dog” in the morning, and this is why we give Valium to people who come into the ER with delerium tremens secondary to alcohol poisoning.
    was this more than you wanted to know?

• @cystic:

was this more than you wanted to know?

No, it’s actually quite interesting…I plan to go into medicine…so I’m getting a head start :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m