• @Mr:

oops double double post

dude!
    why don’t you just delete your extra posts?

Gimme a call sometime. We’ll play (when i’m not “on call”).

• '19 Moderator

Ok ok cripes, for some reason the starspangled baner popped into my head when I was writing that. I know 1812… you get the point though.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Didnt know you could delete posts. /shrug

Back on topic:

Exactly right. An armed and informed populace is all that holds a government back from becoming tyranical. Once you disarm the public and feed them “yellow journalism” you cease to have the problem and can begin to strip freedoms and privaleges away from them.

You see, we do NOT have the RIGHT to life, liberty or the persuit of happiness. We have the privalege to live as long as we can prevent others from stripping our lives from us. We have the privalege to act as we please provided we have the ability to stop others from inhibiting us. And you can persue happiness to your hearts content, you can just be prohibited from attaining happiness.

The only right you are endowed with at birth, from your creator or not, is your right to inhibit the world’s ability to restrict your wants and desires to the best of your individual ability.

Now, in America, we have formed a codification of privaleges that we grant our citizens. These privaleges are protect by law until such time as we are unable to prevent others from stripping those privaleges away from us.

Point in fact, an infant’s right to life is inhibited by the mother’s privalege to choose. (For most religious persons and many non-religious persons, life begins at conception, not birth.) So what happened to that little person’s right to life? Well, s/he was unable to protest in court and thus his or her opinions were nullified and s/he was stripped of that “right.”

What about liberty? Well, if you sit in a bell tower and kill 38 people with a hunting rifle (assuming you get to court) you will not have liberty anymore because the government will strip you of those privaleges. Thus, liberty is not a RIGHT, but a privalege.

BTW, it isn’t Britian we need to worry about. Canada’s the one with all their citizens and militia massing on our northern border! I’m tellin ya the Ka-Nooks are gunna attack and we arnt going to be ready for it! They’ve been bidding their time, eh!

I already have my next profession in mind. I’m going to replace the period on typewriters with a little ‘eh’ key! I’ll be a billionaire in no time, though it’ll be Canadian money and thus not worth as much as American dollars….wink

• @dezrtfish:

Ok ok cripes, for some reason the starspangled baner popped into my head when I was writing that. I know 1812… you get the point though.

Sorry dezrtfish, I just assumed that you were referring to the Revolutionary war. The British could very well have use rockets during the war of 1812.

Is that were that line comes from “rockets red glare”? A british rocket attack during the war of 1812 :D …

and CC I will give you a call soon……I didn’t notice a delete post option, but, I’m at work and there are calls coming in every other second…crazy…

• '19 Moderator

@Mr:

Sorry dezrtfish, I just assumed that you were referring to the Revolutionary war. The British could very well have use rockets during the war of 1812.

Is that were that line comes from “rockets red glare”? A british rocket attack during the war of 1812 :D .

I was, I got my wars mixed up… :oops:

Just to clear the air:

All through the 13th to the 18th Century there were reports of many rocket experiments. For example, Joanes de Fontana of Italy designed a surface-running rocket-powered torpedo for setting enemy ships on fire. In 1650, a Polish artillery expert, Kazimierz Siemienowicz, published a series of drawings for a staged rocket. In 1696, Robert Anderson, an Englishman, published a two-part treatise on how to make rocket molds, prepare the propellants, and perform the calculations.

During the early introduction of rockets to Europe, they were used only as weapons. Enemy troops in India repulsed the British with rockets. Later in Britain, Sir William Congreve developed a rocket that could fire to about 9,000 feet. The British fired Congreve rockets against the United States in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key coined the phrase the "rocket’s red glare after the British fired Congreve rockets against the United States. William Congreve’s incendiary rocket used black powder, an iron case, and a 16-foot guide stick. Congreve had used a 16-foot guidestick to help stabilize his rocket. William Hale, another British inventor, invented the stickless rocket in 1846. The U.S. army used the Hale rocket more than 100 years ago in the war with Mexico. Rockets were also used to a limited extent in the Civil War.

• Rockets existed in a simple form since argueably 1 AD in China.
    http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blrockethistory.htm#chinese
    “The date reporting the first use of true rockets was in 1232.”

Regardless, we won the war because there is an Ocean between us and England and they had the French to worry about. Not to take anything from our men, they where insanly brave. Just pointing out a fact.
    Our best defence is keeping out military rooted in civilian life. As long as they are rooted in the same society as we are they will be far less inclined to become tools of a dictator.

• No weapon I could own would protect me from the government if it wanted me dead. Certainly not my shotgun. Get real. Our army has Tanks. Stealth Fighters…

I agree LB. On the other hand, I’m trusting some of those who serve and took the oath to remember their oath is to the Constitution if the worst comes to pass. In other words, in the case of civil insurrection/civil war I expect an armed populace will be important as the military splits up and forms factions which end up heading the groups fighting the civil war.

In other words, when the shit really hits the fan there won’t be enough fancy/advanced weaponry to go around, being able to mobilize a few thousand people and arm them with rifles might be enough to control a territory…

That sherriff on the corner is the government too. Most foreigners forget that American’s have quite a few governments to which we need to protect ourselves from including villages, cities, counties, states and federals.

I want that sherriff comming to steal my child because I gave him a spanking when he was bad (like if he tries to pull a pot of boiling water on his head) to think twice before blindly kicking in my front door. After all, if he KNOWS I do not have a weapon, then he KNOWS he is safe. However, if he suspects I might be aiming a .45 cal with cop-killers in it at the front door, he’ll think twice before barging right in.

That’s all I want. I want them to think about what it might cost them before they shred my fourth amendment, second amendment, first amendment and DOI rights before they do it. I’m not advocating marching on DC, breaking onto the Senate floor, tieing up all the senators and letting them bleed out from their feet….although…no, wait, sorry had a wonderful vision of a certain senator I could do without, but even when applied to him it would be wrong…/sigh, it sucks having a morale conscious!

• @Jennifer:

I want that sherriff comming to steal my child because I gave him a spanking when he was bad (like if he tries to pull a pot of boiling water on his head) to think twice before blindly kicking in my front door. After all, if he KNOWS I do not have a weapon, then he KNOWS he is safe. However, if he suspects I might be aiming a .45 cal with cop-killers in it at the front door, he’ll think twice before barging right in.

no chance this is what the county sherriff thought when trying to figure out what to do about Elian Gonzales, eh? I mean - this is exactly the scenario that you are describing.
    So the sherriff/child protection people come . . . (if you lived in Winnipeg, i’d think seriously about calling them, btw) and you blow them away with your cop killer, then what?
    And if he thinks that you may be harboring an arsenal, then what do you think he’s going to do? Shake his head and walk away?
    I’ll tell you something - in certain civilized countries, if a teacher/doctor/etc. even suspect a child of being abused, it is not only my responsibility to report it, but i can lose my medical license if i do not report it. I’ve only had to contact child protection people twice - in one instance the child was apprehended by the RCMP, in the other there was thought not to be abuse great enough to warrant intervention.

/sigh, it sucks having a morale conscious!

really - you must look up two words:
    moral and morale

Also, i do not think that either of these phrases apply to someone with such a violent ideology who is this self-centered.

• i really love the way someone can be so blindly supportive of the United States, yet completely mistrust every incarnation of the government.

It was known for a fact a head of time that there were no weapons in the house where Elian was. So what they did was overkill.

No, what I’m asking for is for our law enforcement to actually follow our laws. For example, when serving a warrant or suppeona (and I know that’s misspelled) they are to knock politely on the door and wait for a response. They are NOT to enter the building until such time as the owners are notified of their pressance and the judge’s orders and they are not to use excessive force.

And yes, I distrust our demon-rattic government. I want those “fat cats” in Washington to go away forever. They only have two jobs, and until lately, they’ve done neither well. They are to protect me from the state governments and protect me from foreign governments and organizations. Not a damn thing more. NOT A THING.

• George Washington
    • John Adams
    • Thomas Jefferson
    • James Madison
    • James Monroe
    • John Quincy Adams
    • Andrew Jackson
    • William Henry Harrison

None of these men, all born in foreign countries and fought to create their own, wanted a government the size or scope of our current, tyrannical, oppressive government. All these men, elected President by the people of this, then newly formed, country, just wanted to live in peace, worship God as they saw fit and have local “town hall meetings” to determine local proceedures for local problems.

And, quite frankly, given the abysmal record of our federal government at managing civilian affairs (which should be left in the hands of civilians and civilian corporations) it is hard to see why anyone would want to give the federals any MORE power and responsibility.

After all, to see how inept and idiotic our federal legislature is, all you have to do is listen to Ted Kennedy speak for any period of time. He makes Ted Kazinski seem rational! Okay, he’d make anyone sound rational, seriously guys. Daschle’s the only one who had it right, but for the wrong reasons. DON’T LET THE GOVERNMENT PASS ANY LAWS OR CREATE ANY MORE GRAFT OR CORRUPTION FOR ANY REASON. (His reason was because it was from Bush, not Gore - but the results were good!)

• @Jennifer:

It was known for a fact a head of time that there were no weapons in the house where Elian was. So what they did was overkill.

Why does this line remind of the Iraq invasion?

• @F_alk:

@Jennifer:

Why does this line remind of the Iraq invasion?

man, you’re like an atheist, German, Physicist version of me!

• None of these men, all born in foreign countries and fought to create their own, wanted a government the size or scope of our current, tyrannical, oppressive government. All these men, elected President by the people of this, then newly formed, country, just wanted to live in peace, worship God as they saw fit and have local “town hall meetings” to determine local proceedures for local problems.

you have the most aggressively WRONG interpretation of the will of the founding fathers that i have ever heard. ask any political scientist, or teacher/historian of US govt, they will explain exactly how you are wrong.

They only have two jobs, and until lately, they’ve done neither well. They are to protect me from the state governments and protect me from foreign governments and organizations. Not a damn thing more. NOT A THING.

thats blatantly wrong. you clearly do not understand the concept of a federalism

For example, when serving a warrant or suppeona (and I know that’s misspelled) they are to knock politely on the door and wait for a response. They are NOT to enter the building until such time as the owners are notified of their pressance and the judge’s orders and they are not to use excessive force.

right, so when they knock on the door to search for a serial killer, knowing full well he is in there, and then he starts to escape because they are waiting for him to answer the door….
    you dont understand search and seizure law, so dont pretend you do. having a warrant is legal grounds for entrance, search, and seizure. the occupant does not have to be home when it begins. all they are required to do is notify the occupant when they return home, and show them the warrant. they dont have to wait for them.
    dont pretend to understand laws you know nothing about.

im sorry, CC, if this will seem a bit personal attack-y…but…

jennifer: you have the most biased, skewed, and at times, plain WRONG interpretation of the constitution, and US laws, that i have ever seen. if you want to continue to delude yourself, go ahead. but dont spew this filth as fact to every1 you meet, and especially dont try to connect your completely incorrect viewpoint to the rest of america, who wants nothing to do with your lies. im ashamed to be associated with you every time someone references “americans”.

• George Washington
    • John Adams
    • Thomas Jefferson
    • James Madison
    • James Monroe
    • John Quincy Adams
    • Andrew Jackson
    • William Henry Harrison

None of these men, all born in foreign countries and fought to create their own, wanted a government the size or scope of our current, tyrannical, oppressive government

I am just going to start and finish with good ole GW, he was born in Virginia…I have been to that house.

For someone who hates it here so much with our evil govt. and horrible laws I must ask…why have you not moved back to Russia?

• Because Russias worse? Im going to have to agree with Jen, the government today is certainly not what our founding fathers had in mind, it frequently oversteps it bounds, but because ignorance is rampant in out country, there is no check.

• Jen,
    I gotta say, I am with Haxor on this one. Your profound hatred for the US government makes no sense to me. And the people you love REALLY don’t make sense. “fat cats”? Are you unfarmiliar with W’s background at all? He is the son of privledge/ intelligencia (sp). Take away those two things and he is a just a guy that can’t cut it in bussiness.

• but because ignorance is rampant in out country,

yes, and your and jen’s opinions on this show two prime examples

George Washington was born on British soil, not United States soil. Common, if it was US Soil he couldnt have a revolution, duh. See, this is the type of inane arguement that doesnt make any sense from you all.

As for a warrent, you are legally required to knock on the door, wait, knock again and THEN if there is no answer you may take methods to enter the house without permanently damaging the property.

The only time it is legal to break into a home is if you know the criminal is in there and he does not voluntarily surrender himself at the door, OR if there is immediate physical harm to a living human being.

Guess you never took any criminal justice classes, just decided to pull crap out your arse, as usual.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m