Wizard of the coast is sending out additional playing pieces

• Recieved my pieces yesterday.
    Just in time for an all nighter of 1914!

6 INF, 5 ART, 2 tanks, 2 fighters, 2 subs, 3 cruisers, 3 transports and 2 battleships for each nation.
    Along with 10 dark and 20 light chips of each color

Kudos to WOTC

Maybe in the future they won’t be so cheap with how many pieces they package with their games

• Customizer

Called WOTC again. It appears they are really backed up. I was told mine would be shipped at the end of this week.

• I did the same thing… sent an email about the extra pieces… within an hour had 3 different communications with them and they said I should receive the extra pieces with 5-10 days… just got them today after only 3 days… got a mix of everything including blue and red chips… now it looks like plenty to play with

• '14 '13

Geez, after reading this thread, I’m kinda glad I didn’t rush out to buy AA1914. Not having enough pieces would’ve just pissed me off. I will just stick to G40 for now.

• Customizer

@jluna1273:

Geez, after reading this thread, I’m kinda glad I didn’t rush out to buy AA1914. Not having enough pieces would’ve just pissed me off. I will just stick to G40 for now.

It’s not a bad game. You can play it “as-is”. I’d say buy it as a collector myself. However, it does have some issues. I’m interested more in IL’s WWI game more.

• E-mailed them twice and have been told they are out of stock and don’t know when they will have more in.
    My original request was Nov 8th and these replies are from yesterday.
    :x
    I’m not holding my breath that there will be any more replacement/upgrade packs being shipped out.
    That will teach me to buy before reviews are posted about an A&A game. :-(
    A&A is becoming a 2nd edition purchase company. Sad.
    Robert

• With all the complaints they are getting they’ll prob just scrap 1914 altogether
    Though it is a direct result of WOTC being cheap and lazy…clearly wasn’t play tested well and severely skimped on pieces

I do not think it is playable as is, as by round 3 your about out of several different prices, by round 5 the fun is almost completely sucked out by running out of several different types of pieces constantly

• Customizer

I got mine today. I’ll need to go through them to get an exact count. They were packed loose in a small box but counting just the Germans it looks like they added quite a few sculpts and chips.

• Customizer

I submitted my request earlier this week and mine are on their way.  :-D

So maybe I requested a few more pieces than I actually need for the shortcomings in the OOB game… :roll:

• I called them and talked to Josh and he said it would be 5 to 10 business days. It is at 10 days now curious when they will show.

• Customizer

Great customer service.  They didn’t need to do this.  I am getting my pieces and extra chips in a couple weeks now.

Merry Christmas!

• @jim010:

Great customer service.  They didn’t need to do this.  I am getting my pieces and extra chips in a couple weeks now.

Merry Christmas!

They didn’t need to short us in the first place. Charge highest price of any A&A game, for a game that almost is unplayable OOB. Yes they did need to do this, and it is why they are doing it.

;)

Hopefully they have learned from this mistake.

• Customizer

Still haven’t gotten my pieces…I assume it’s because of the holiday rush, but who knows…

• @toblerone77:

I got mine today. I’ll need to go through them to get an exact count. They were packed loose in a small box but counting just the Germans it looks like they added quite a few sculpts and chips.

That is good. Glad for you.
    I did not bother as I am in England, then I heard someone in England say they got them here!
    Annoying.
    Have just started my  second ever game. Am happy to be playing it again, but do not really know what rules we are playing and do not think I have much of a chance as the Axis.

• Customizer

It seems to take a while to get them, but considering the fact that you can send them an email and wait a few weeks it was worth it. They should have just had them included in the first place.

Thanks to the OP for posting this or I wouldn’t have even bothered.

• '13

Just sent in my request.  I’m surprised I didn’t see this post sooner.  Oh well, let’s see what happens next.

• '13

Just got a response today.  15-20 days I’ll have more playing pieces.

• I sent an email on this also and they are mailing me additional pieces! can’t wait

• I love customer service at WotC. I sent them an email about the lack of playing pieces in AA14 and here’s what I got back:

Wizards Customer Support
    To Me
    Jan 7 at 7:57 PM

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 24 hours.

Note the date of the email from Customer Support 1/7 and the date of my posting here.

• Customizer

Call customer service Yavid. It honestly makes a difference.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m