Game Aids A&A 1940 Global 2nd Edition

• hi there

Finally I’ve finished the Game aids for Global 2nd Edition.
    You can find the material here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/pncar1thq9uk5/Axis_and_Allies_1940_Global_2nd

set includes:

• setup and unit reference chart for each nation (with two version for Germany: one with the units original colour and one with black units [with which the unit shapes are better seen])
    • Diplomacy/political Situation/whatever you wanna call them charts for each nation (including turn sequence, order of play and victory conditions)
    • National Production Income chart
    • National Objectives and Bonus Income chart

–-------------

-> please let me know, if you find any errors or have any suggestions for improvements and so on! I’m thankfull for critics, remarques hints for errors, etc.
    -> I realized that on the Diplomacy Charts there’s still quiet some space, I might put the national objectives on those, too. But not sure yet, if anyone has a opinion, let me know.
    -> Also I might add a Research and Development Chart at some point, but that might take again some time
    -> And also in planning: a battleboard. I want to use different coloured dice for the different strengh groups, so there’s gonna be a neutral battleboard and a coloured one. If you would like a battleboard that fits with your dice colours, please let me know and I can do them at the same time. (The colouring itselft is no work as soon as I have the basic board done)

I want to thank Bob_A_Nickelson, 94chanuck and Minor Threat: I took the great work you guys do as reference and guiding help. Check their work out (unfortunatly none for 1940 Global 2nd Edition, but some aids for Alpha 3.9 might still be usefull even for 2nd Ed.: for example for a battleboard: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19490.0 or http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25530.0)

I did also Game Aids for the two separate 1940 2nd Edition games, you find them here:
    Game Aids 1940 Europe 2nd Edition: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31342.0
    Game Aids 1940 Pacific 2nd Edition: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31352.0

• Sponsor

Very Nice Work!

In my experience I have come to understand that game aid design and arrangement is about personal preference. Everyone has an opinion of how game aids and charts should be designed and used, that said… I think you have some really nice materials here, however, I use different methods for this stuff.

• It looks like there are a couple of errors on your Global setup charts.

1. United Kingdom 2 Inf, your chart says 6.
    2. United Kingdom 2 Fighters, your chart says 1
    3. United Kingdom 1 Mech Inf, your chart says 0
    4. United Kingdom 0 Artillary, your chart says 1
    5. United Kingdom 0 Tac Fighters, your chart says 1
    6. United Kingdom 4 AAA, your chart says 3.

7. Germany 11 Inf, your chart says 3.

Everything else looked good.

• Customizer

These are super nice. these would be great to print on card stock and laminate. Thank You!

• For about $8.00 I printed off all of the setup cards and the national production chart from officemax.com on high quality thick paper.

Thank you very much for adding these but please fix the above mentioned errors when you can. It looks like with the territory United Kingdom you were looking at India when you transcribed the information.

Do you plan on making a new technology chart?

• @adamrpal:

It looks like there are a couple of errors on your Global setup charts.

thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.

@adamrpal:

Do you plan on making a new technology chart?

I haven’t yet planned on it, but when I’m going to do a battleboard, I’ll probably to the technology chart as well. Maybe between x-mas and new year, I don’t know yet.

@Young:

Very Nice Work!

In my experience I have come to understand that game aid design and arrangement is about personal preference. Everyone has an opinion of how game aids and charts should be designed and used, that said… I think you have some really nice materials here, however, I use different methods for this stuff.

Thank you for commenting. I know about the different methods with the NOs, otherwise most of the material I saw was more or less with the same structure?

@adamrpal:

For about $8.00 I printed off all of the setup cards and the national production chart from officemax.com on high quality thick paper.

@toblerone77:

These are super nice. these would be great to print on card stock and laminate. Thank You!

I’m happy you guys like them, if you have ideas for improvement (also the graphics part, e.g. I’m not too happy with the NO-chart myself) let me know.

• It looks very nice :-D

i will like to get them, but first when you are fixing the setup errors.

When are you fixing it?

• @bombah:

It looks very nice :-D

i will like to get them, but first when you are fixing the setup errors.

When are you fixing it?

@Spirou:

@adamrpal:

It looks like there are a couple of errors on your Global setup charts.

thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.

or did you find any other errors?

• Customizer

Missed one NO for Germany: +5 IPCs for Axis control of the Caucasus.

Also, on the Chinese NO symbol, I wondered why you didn’t have the crossed swords and the little Japanese symbol on that one.
    I also noticed none of your US NOs had any Axis symbols. The first and third US NO should have all three Axis symbols in them, the second and fourth should have just Japan’s symbol and the fifth should have Germany and Italy.

• @knp7765:

Missed one NO for Germany: +5 IPCs for Axis control of the Caucasus.

Also, on the Chinese NO symbol, I wondered why you didn’t have the crossed swords and the little Japanese symbol on that one.
    I also noticed none of your US NOs had any Axis symbols. The first and third US NO should have all three Axis symbols in them, the second and fourth should have just Japan’s symbol and the fifth should have Germany and Italy.

thanks for the comment, I’ll add the missing NO.
    The chinese symbols: it correlates with how the NO is described in the rule-book, but you are actually right, it doesn’t really make sense
    The US symbols: seems like I forgot those, I’ll add those as well, as soon as I get to it

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’m just ‘marking’ this thread for future use. And a big Thank you to the guys who spend their time making useful items for the rest of us,….and for free!.  :-D

----“IL” was working on a program that would acknowledge people that devoted their time/money/expetise in supporting this game and/or website by honoring them with a “badge”. I will see that you are nominated.

----Is this Spirou’s project, alone?

“Tall Paul”

• superb! thank you.

• hi there

“Real Life” got me, but I’m planing on correcting the errors next week (the ones knp7765 pointed out), sorry for the long break

@Tall Paul
    yes, all the work is mine. But my contribution to A&A is nowhere close to what IL and others have done. Thank you for the nomination, I don’t think I deserve it :wink:

• '14 Customizer

Thanks for all the work on these. We used them at our last gaming weekend. I put magnetic paper under the charts and glued washers to a few roundels of each power.

I pasted the piece stats chart on the inside lids of the containers holding the pieces.

• I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

• @IKE:

I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

In the standalone games it is 29/16, in Global 28/17 is correct.

• @P@nther:

@IKE:

I think the Production charge may be off for UK.  Shouldn’t it be 29 &16 not 28 & 17?

Thank you.  I’m going to try and update bcguitars’s pdf set up cards to reflect this. If you know of any changes between alpha+3 and 2nd Edition could you share?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

Thank you.  I’m going to try and update bcguitars’s pdf set up cards to reflect this. If you know of any changes between alpha+3 and 2nd Edition could you share?

BCguitar’s are the best.

There are changes between Alpha 3 and 2nd edition.

You can find them here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

• @Karl7:

@IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

BCguitar’s are the best.

There are changes between Alpha 3 and 2nd edition.

You can find them here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

Thanks.  I find the set up chart a little hard to read so I plan on cutting that half off and just using the left side which has the starting IPC’s, NO’s and turn order.  I think I’ve identified the only NO that needs updating which is ‘USA 5 IPC’s for atleast 1 land unit in France’.  That and the IPC change for UK mentioned above.

• @IKE:

@P@nther:

@IKE:

Just one thing I remember:

@Rulebook:

Set up units as shown on the setup charts found in Pacific
    1940 and Europe 1940. Additionally, place the following
    units:
    Amur: 6 Soviet Infantry
    Sakha: 6 Soviet Infantry and 2 Soviet AAA
    Buryatia: 6 Soviet Infantry
    Egypt: 2 ANZAC Infantry (also, remove 1 United
    Kingdom infantry)

At least Egypt was different in Alpha+3.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m