Today in History….Stanislav Petrov: The man who may have saved the world

• It wasn’t the first and the last incident on Russian side, also on the side of the U.S. .
    Sometimes it looks like little kids playing with toys, Dad def. told 'em not to play with and they do it just for fun!

Question is ,is it good to know everything??  8-)

• '12

It would have helped if I had pasted the BBC link in I had intended.  To make up for this oversight I am supplying a second link.

I love Brit tabloids……

The Register is a tech news site that covers many stories from a rather different angle, love it!

aequitas et veritas…

I wonder if anybody will be as offended from your reply this time as they were last time?  Not that I find anything offensive with it :-)

• Let’s see MrMalachiCrunch  :-D, nice post by the way.

• How are you Aequitas? Did you find any people with whom to play A&A, or is your new  home town a barren wilderness for players? I hope not, of course.

By the way, one of the best lines ever in a British comedy is from Fawlty Towers(1970s) with John Cleese and Andrew Sachs:
    "I know nothing! "
    It is a good policy. Just like:“Deny everything Baldrick” ( from Black adder goes Forth).

I wonder Malachi if you have watched either comedy.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I know what call I would have made.

• @wittmann:

How are you Aequitas? Did you find any people with whom to play A&A, or is your new  home town a barren wilderness for players? I hope not, of course.

I’m fine, can’t complain except for the bombs they find every now and then in the town I live.
    It is like a barren wilderness unfortunately, so for now I still deal with Sports, like Soccer.

• That is annoying for you.
    As annoying as Fiorentina being one up to Inter in Milan, then losing 2-1. I hate Inter!
    Am going to Florence in 3 weeks and Juventus are visiting us. I hope to find a ticket
    as I have not seen a Fiorentina-Juve game at Home for 15 years.

• I think you are going to have blast and hope you will get tickets!…

• @rjpeters70:

@aequitas:

It wasn’t the first and the last incident on Russian side, also on the side of the U.S. .
    Sometimes it looks like little kids playing with toys, Dad def. told 'em not to play with and they do it just for fun!

Question is ,is it good to know everything??  8-)

Aequitas:  I ask again, what do you mean by little kids playing with toys?  Who is the ‘Daddy,’ and why do you really think nations build nuclear weapons for fun?

Oh almost forgot, but as I recall it correctly then you answered it allready your self.

Seriously, we have 6,000 years of human history without nuclear weapons

Let us not sway away from this Topic… :-)

• Amazing story.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m