Help me understand the united states national advantage #1

• 2007 AAR League

i cant get what they mean by "when moving your air units, you may treat island groups as part of sea zones cointaning them. if the us can do that what cant the japs of british do? sorry i just started.

• 2007 AAR League

if a bomber attacks a space with an infantry and scores a hit, wouldthe infantry roll to see if it scored a hit on the bomber. if it did would the bomber get destroyed? :-?

• Hi,

I’m not a revised edition expert but in regards to your questions I believe the answers are

i cant get what they mean by "when moving your air units, you may treat island groups as part of sea zones cointaning them. if the us can do that what cant the japs of british do? sorry i just started.

Air movement is the same for all nations. What they mean is flying into a sea zone with an island counts for 1 movement, flying over/onto the island counts for as a separate movement (2 total).

if a bomber attacks a space with an infantry and scores a hit, wouldthe infantry roll to see if it scored a hit on the bomber. if it did would the bomber get destroyed?

The infantry does shoot back, if it gets a hit the bomber dies.

• 2007 AAR League

can a fighter attack a ship as many times as it wants or is it limited to one attack?

• A fighter (or any unit) can only engage in one combat action per turn. It can only fight in one territory. If there are multiple ships in that territory it can attack all of them. The fight takes place via rounds, generally the attackers shot, then the defenders, remove casualties, and then you continue until the attackers retreat or one side wins. So a plane can attack a transport and sub in one sea zone, but it can’t attack a transport in one sea zone and then attack a sub in another sea zone, even if it had enough movement points to allow that.

• Normally, if a fighter on Hawaii wants to move to West US, it moves one to Hawaii sea zone, 1 to west US sea zone, and 1 to West US land. To move back, 1 to west US sea zone, 1 to Hawaii sea zone, 1 to Hawaii. 3 moves total. With the optional rule, from Hawaii, it would move 0 to Hawaii sea zone (already considered in it), 1 to West US sea, 1 to West US land. Moving back from West US land to West US seazone is 1, 1 to Hawaii sea zone, and 0 to land on Hawaii.

• in shorly island bases can expand your movement for 2 ,if you move from one island group to another

it only works for usa planes but it worths an all allied islands,for example if uk holds new zealand than it worts to

• To add to ydavid’s comment, czech out the explanation that it gives, as far as “you could move a fighter from Hawaii to the East Indies in one turn, as long as you control both island groups.” Without Island Bases, your fighters couldn’t go anywhere near that far.

Basically it only helps the US in the Pacific.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m