• May I assume that on mountainous terrain (numbers 2 or 3), infantry can move one space per turn?  The rules state that one requires two movement points to enter these spaces.  Infantry only have one.

• '14

Correct.

• I just purchased this game.  Before I get started, I had a number of questions, all revolving around the rule stating that one cannot strategic bomb or fire artillery into a space shared by opposing forces (i.e. Japan cannot fire artillery is a space shared by both Japanese troops and U.S. troops).  Given this point, when is a space shared?

If the U.S. lands troops on the beach adjacent to Nago, is the U.S. now sharing space with Japanese troops in Nago, Yabu, and Hokubu?  Once the U.S. lands on a beach, can the troops immediately attack either Nago, Yabu, and/or Hokobu?  Or must they wait until the beginning of next turn?  If they are able to immediately attack Nago, Yabu, and/or Hokobu, can they elect not to and just remain on the beach?

Does combat continue until one side is eliminated, the attacker withdraws, or the U.S. retreats when defending?  The rules seem to suggest combat works like in Axis and Allies World War I; one attack roll for each attacking unit, one defense roll for each defending unit.  If any troops are left on both sides, the combat ends, and the space becomes contested.

And finally, when the 23rd/26th Shipping Engineer Regiments attack Unaha and Uchima, the rules state that 4 IJN marines attack without U.S. return fire.  This rule suggests that combat only lasts for one attack roll per attacking unit (as I suggested above).  If combat occurs until one side wins, this rule suggests that the IJN marines destroy all units in Unaha and Uchima as the U.S. cannot return fire.

Now for two questions not revolving around shared spaces: When an LVT is offloaded from a transport, can it immediately move two spaces?  Or, as with regular Axis and Allies rules, once a unit offloads, it has no movement points remaining.

The rules state that Japanese troops within fortifications are impervious to air, artillery, and shore bombardment attacks.  Does that mean that fortifications cannot be hit by air, artillery, or shore bombardments?  If they can, then a unit in a bunker is impervious only until two hits are received.  The first hit destroys the bunker, the second hit destroys the unit.  If one reads accounts of the Battle of Okinawa, the fortifications were virtually impervious to shore bombardments and aerial bombings.

Any help would be appreciated!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m