Favorite 80's-90's rock band….

• I’d say mine is either Nirvana, AC/DC, Ozzy, or Iron Maiden…I also like Zeppelin.

Who’s yours?

• Nice to see you’ve got a good taste of music MuthaRussia. I voted Nirvana, their my all-time favourite. I like all the bands up there except Iron Maiden, just don’t like’em.

Oh and btw to any Nirvana fan, a boxset is out on Nov. 23. 3 cds, 1 dvd, 50 unreleased songs.

• Led Zeppelin was a 70s band.

And Springsteen did most of his stuff in the 70s.

Queen too. Same with AC/DC.

My favorite 80s band (90s and later music sucks) is definately Guns and Roses, followed by the Talking Heads and Van Halen.

• @Yanny:

Led Zeppelin was a 70s band.

And Springsteen did most of his stuff in the 70s.

Queen too. Same with AC/DC.

My favorite 80s band (90s and later music sucks) is definately Guns and Roses, followed by the Talking Heads and Van Halen.

Can’t believe I forgot VH, and GnR… :o :cry:

DS, I LOVE nirvana. I can play every song they made on the guitar. Great band. Kirt C. made them who they are though.

Do any of you like system of a down?

• You read any biographies of Nirvana/Kurt?

• @Drumstix:

You read any biographies of Nirvana/Kurt?

I watched a good DVD on him, titled “Teen spirit” Or at least thats what i thought it was! :-?

• Pick up “Heavier than Heaven” sometime. I could barely put it down. Although parts of it did seem slightly biased to me.

• All about the Ozz, Black Sabbath and Ozzy are easily amoung the groups taht most influenced today’s hard rock and metal, along with Zeppellin, ACDC and some other bands of the time.

But for all around kick-assedness, again, its all about the Ozz.

Also of note-Ozzfest (St. Louis) was friggin amazing.

Also-Judas Priest should be on that list-Sabbath stil beats’m out, but Priest was pretty damned good.

• @Raarrne:

All about the Ozz, Black Sabbath and Ozzy are easily amoung the groups taht most influenced today’s hard rock and metal, along with Zeppellin, ACDC and some other bands of the time.

But for all around kick-assedness, again, its all about the Ozz.

Also of note-Ozzfest (St. Louis) was friggin amazing.

Also-Judas Priest should be on that list-Sabbath stil beats’m out, but Priest was pretty damned good.

I hate Judas Priest. :-?

• '19 Moderator

I remember when “smokin’ in the boys room” came out. I never realy smoked but I loved that kind of rebelious stuf.

Motley Crue was my 80s band. I am sure my opinions are different than alot of you because I was in high school. :P

I don’t realy have a favorite now, I do like Judas Priest though… Breakin’ the the law, Breakin’ the the law! :lol: Some good memories there…

• “Smokin in the Boy’s Room” is classic.

• There are too many good bands from that time period:

It could be anything from Faith No More to Black Flag. Too tough of a question to pin down with one answer.

• I haven’t heard too much of that era, I’m stuck in the 60s (the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel all rock!!!) and newer stuff (Sting, Weird Al, U2, Enya, Norah Jones, Switchfoot). I love U2’s older stuff, though most of their new stuff gets on my nerves, Men At Work is one of my favorites, Gerry Rafferti rocks. You get the picture.

• Hey guys, do any of you like any of my favorite bands?

System of a Down, Soulfly, Nirvana, Poison the Well, Korn, Mudvayne…

• Some favorites of mine of the era were:

U2 (voted)
    Thomson Twins
    Miami Sound Machine
    Banarama
    Go-Go’s
    Berlin
    INXS
    Men at Work
    Heart
    Til Tuesday
    Fine Young Cannibals