• Hello,

Are the chips in Europe and Pacific 1940, 2nd editions, compatible with the new type of chips in the 1942 2nd edition?

• I am afraid not. They are the larger old style ones in the 2nd Edits. of Pacific and Europe.
    Annoying I know!

• Customizer

Isn’t it weird that they put out those new style chips only in one game? Well, I guess they are also in the 1914 game but they are used differently there.
    Then there were the all cardboard chips from 1941, but that game was made to be cheap anyway.
    Do you think their plan worked with 1941? To get more people interested in playing Axis & Allies, people that didn’t play before? I’ve been noticing more new members to the forum lately. Then again, I played Axis & Allies a long time before I got on the forum.

• @knp7765:

Isn’t it weird that they put out those new style chips only in one game? Well, I guess they are also in the 1914 game but they are used differently there.
    Then there were the all cardboard chips from 1941, but that game was made to be cheap anyway.

Oddly, the cardboard chips in 1941 were printed to look like the new-style chips (with heavy ridges), even though they’re still just flat cardboard.

• Many thanks for your reply.

Perhaps the investment in special chips for Axis & Allies proved to be too expensive, so they returned to the previous variants.

• Customizer

A good use for those crappy cardboard chips is battle damage or for in any number of house rule situations.

• '14 '13

@toblerone77:

A good use for those crappy cardboard chips is battle damage or for in any number of house rule situations.

Ah, great idea.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Most of my chips came from some mini-roulette table games which I assume are similar to mini poker chips. (TBH I just bought them at a yard sale one day when I saw them and said “eh, they MIGHT fit my game’s current chips.”)

What was really annoying was that classic shipped with 5x red chips ONLY.  Cardboard is annoying too, my friends are klutzes and spill on EVERYTHING (which is why I have a glass overlay for my board now, one that extends a bit beyond the table to avoid capillary action in case of spills that get to the edge)

So anyway, I want to attribute the increase in players to the myriad of games being released now.  We had classic and revised for such a long time then suddenly we had anniversary, global 40, etc, etc, etc of little games, we had minitures come out.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

While I have little to add to the topic at hand, I was slightly surprised to see it, for obvious reasons. But of course I have no right to the exclusive use of the title of Kapitanleutnant, which is not mine to claim in real life anyway.

Welcome to the forum!

• I did giggle  on seeing the new member’s username, thinking of your Herr KaLeun.
    I believe there is room for two U-Boat commanders.
    Just not for two Tiger Tank Company commanders!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@wittmann:

I believe there is room for two U-Boat commanders.

The more the merrier! We’ll form a wolfpack and rule the North Atlantic!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m