What is the Psycology of these people?

• Picture a two lane Blvd with a third parking lane with parked cars.

You are at a red light sitting in the #2 lane.

There are only 2-3 cars behind you and the same number in number #1 lane.

I notice a car who instead of waiting at the light, turns into the parking lane. Let’s call him Labron.

If you look ahead, you notice parked cars directly ahead across the street.

Now then….the light turns green and this jackass tries to floor it from his position in the turn right lane/parking lane and tries to gun it and pass me on my right.

Well since i started driving, i defeat these people.

I gun it as well just to defeat that behavior.

He nearly crashes his car as he is forced to stop by screeching his tires and now has to wait as all the other cars pass along.

latter, he tries to keep up and we exchange pleasantries when he reaches my car.

Now then what is the psychology of a person who can’t be bothered to wait behind 1-2 cars at a light and needs to pass cars on the right from the parking/turning lane?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

You are at a read light sitting in the #2 lane.

What’s a read light?

• What’s a read light?

It’s another word for Aircraft Carrier (CV)

• Sponsor

THAT WAS YOU!… I CLEARLY HAD YOU BEAT DUDE!

Let’s call him Labron.

$10 says his name was Jamal.

• @Gargantua:

Let’s call him Labron.

$10 says his name was Jamal.

How about Antoine?

• You got the right type of person.

Let’s also say he still lives at home and yet drives an old S-series. He has his windows down and plays what seems like somebody yelling with a beat.

I guess he can’t afford Air Conditioning?

But what is going on in his life that he would even try this crap?

• @Imperious:

Well since i started driving, i defeat these people.

I gun it as well just to defeat that behavior.

Since you are taking a part in the whole thing, you kinda create your own enemys, like Batman.
    Sometimes it is better to act in a composed manner to serve as an example.

@Imperious:

But what is going on in his life that he would even try this crap?

Sometimes peoples marked their conscience ,because they simply followed bad teachers and guidelines.
    It should be up to us to meet them in calm and wise manner to show that there is still a better way!
    We are allways a living example and peoples (even those who we are not aware of at the time ) will watching us.
    The choice is ours so is theirs.

• I’ve always called that the asshole lane.  BTW, the stupid crap like this that people do is illegal and will catch up to them, hopefully without hurting anyone else or their property.

Gunning it is a bad idea IMO.  You’ll just end up in a mess at some point.  Just let them in and hope karma pays them back.

• Not too long ago in downtown Montreal I was near-missed by a cyclist who managed to violate three traffic regulations simultaneously: he was driving in the wrong direction (or on the wrong side of the street, depending on how you want to phrase it), he was driving his bike on the sidewalk rather than on the pavement (something which only children are legally permitted to do), and he went through a red light (I had the green light to cross the street, so I had the right of way).  I bet he was speeding too, but I didn’t have a radar gun with me at the time.

• I’ve always called that the asshole lane.  BTW, the stupid crap like this that people do is illegal and will catch up to them, hopefully without hurting anyone else or their property.

Gunning it is a bad idea IMO.  You’ll just end up in a mess at some point.  Just let them in and hope karma pays them back.

Exactly. Except i am that Karma that they don’t worry about. They don’t expect an even greater asshole who will happily deny them their shenanigans. I call it counter offensive driving.

Another thing are those types who want to turn in the left hand lane, but instead of waiting for the cars to pass they just gun it immediately when the light turns green. Once i saw that not work too well. It resulted in a head on collusion with another type who was gunning it going straight. Perhaps I’ll just let them screw up on their own. Hmm.

• The best thing is a bumper made out of rigid pipe oh about 6" dia. or a piece of Rail Road rail, welded to the frame

• @suprise:

The best thing is a bumper made out of rigid pipe oh about 6" dia. or a piece of Rail Road rail, welded to the frame

Here’s a recommended design.  It did good work in Normandy and saved a lot of lives.  Invented by a U.S. Army Sergeant named Curtis G. Cullin, who was awarded the Legion of Merit for his idea.

http://www.robertsarmory.com/hedge.htm

They don’t expect an even greater asshole

Well fortunately at A&A.org, we’ve learned to expect that from you.

The big difference I can see from this whole encounter though, is that you’ve learned to expect that from yourself.

claps

Now, if you can only learn to “turn it off” when appropriate, you will have more friends.

• I have alot more friends than i need. And the only thing you learned with regularity is being owned by anyone with half a brain.

• @Imperious:

Exactly. Except i am that Karma that they don’t worry about. They don’t expect an even greater asshole who will happily deny them their shenanigans. I call it counter offensive driving.

Figure out your own psychology and you’ll have your answer  :-)

• Yes one that protects the common man from riff raff. If more people did what i did, Labron would just live peacefully at home with mommy, his dented up S-series and some of his 6 kids all with different mothers.

@Imperious:

I have alot more friends than i need. And the only thing you learned with regularity is being owned by anyone with half a brain.

Your left and right hands don’t count.

• Your stupid posts don’t count.

• That’s what you beat your kids and why you troll alot on this site. You add nothing to these threads not unlike Garg.

BTW I do the ass kicking in my world.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m