Wicked strat, invincible in my experience

• ok, even tho germany has the disadvantage in a war of attrition, the first turn buy all tanks and only attack on periphrial fronts like the atlantic and africa.

move all existing tanks into poland, cover with EVERYTHING else on the border territories. make no attacks on the russians.

then the second turn come at the reds with a huge pile of tanks.

in my experience you may need another dose of german steel to finish off uncle joe but not much more than that. the rest of the game buy either additional tanks or infanty to fight off any allied incursions.

cover your ass by always having at least 5 infantry in germany so the allies cant take it.

• this is sick, i gotta try it! :)

what does the poll have tot do with the strat?

• That’s a sweet idea, I gotta try it!

• “what does the poll have tot do with the strat?”

nothing in particular. i just felt like posting it for some reason.

• I’ll try it sometime, who knows, meaby it will work.

• It works. Almost too well. The game is over in around 3-4 turns - if the allies choose to hang around that long. I’ve used it in previous games.
    I think the allies only have a chance if they reinforce the crap out of Russia, and even then it doesn’t look so good.
    The thing is, if Russia can last 5-6 turns, then the allies WILL WIN.

• I think I’ve found a defense for Russia against it, though; if Russia buys eight Infantry, withdraws all his forces from his front line territories (specifically East Poland, Bessarabia, the Baltic States, and Vyborg) stacks most of his units in Belorussia and the Ukraine, makes no attacks the first turn, and builds the Infantry in Moscow, he should be able to resist quite effectively. Germany won’t be able to attack well until turn three, and by then Russia will have such a huge Infantry force he ought to be able to fight off Germany, and keep building Infantry.

I’m trying this against myself, so obviously Russia knew ahead of time what Germany was up to, which may be a requirement for my plan to work, but if the Russian player sees what’s coming, he should be able to stop it, using my strategy. Just for future reference, I’m patenting it and calling it the Russian Stonewall. :D

• my friend and i came up with a similar strategy for stopping it; however, if the german player isnt half bad the stack of tanks will at least vanquish half of the men stored in moscow, couple this with a broad attack that takes away russian ipc’s necissary to build more men and german reinforcements of 7-9 tanks every two turns(the time it takes to get from poland-ish area to anything worth attacking in russia) should be enough german steel to take down the moscow infantry stack. hesitation is kryptonite after the intial attacks tho. any breathing space given to the russians is an opportunity to build tanks in addition to more men, so a dramatic battle that results in the loss of much german steel could easily bring about a reversal on the eastern front.

• That tactic can work, but if the soviet player knows what he is doing and the dices are rolling at least averagely for him. He should win that contest.

First retreat all to belorussia, but the frontier infranty 1 on each to stop bliz and prevent him from stacking his army + planes on same location. You should buy on your 1-2 turns 1-2 tanks, 1arty and inf to gather offence power. On the 3rd turn only infranty. When the german player moves to baltic states/east poland. You hit him with everything you got. You should atleast have in this attack already 4 fighters and 2-3 bombers (British air force and usa air force) + if you bought in those first 2 turns 4 tanks you had 9 tanks atleast and some artillery + hell of a lot of infranty.

But you must attack the german stack, the germans attack is so much more powerful than they defend and that is your salvation, you don’t have to win the baltic/east poland territory back, just kill at least all of his inf and artillery away + some tanks, then retreat back to belorussia.

If things go as they usually should you should at least have destroyed his tank fodder away (inf/art). From moscow or where you bought the new reserve infranty should move down to reinforce your belorussia stack. And with 4 fighters your defence isn’t bad at all after the attack.

Hit and run tactics for russia will make it really hard for german to conquer it. But as usually if people play with these only 1 huge stack of troops and move forward style, it comes to those 1-2 great battles where the amount of dice rolled comes to decide. If one rolls very badly below average hits and one makes on that turn very lucky roll, it decides the game :)

My opinion if you really look at the game, russia is very powerful. Gaining 30 ipc a turn, because of oil money + gaining new airplanes from allied troops, russia has usually the amount it can take hits 2x or more than germans and that means it can take more hits + it has the advantage of being able to attack first to make use of it’s offensive equipment tanks + planes.

Back to this strategy, it comes down to those 1-2 big battles and the rolling of dices, but playing wisely with russia, they usually has the advantage on that. I at least haven’t got much luck with this strategy. It’s better to try 2 or 3* front assault one being from finland (norway + fin troops + additional troops with that one transport). I usually if the dices favor little me, win with these tactic divide and conquer tactic. :)

• unlikely, but what if the German player decides to alter his attack strata. such as moving in on Russia on more than two fronts, the middle eastern front and the regular offensive (and maybe with even amphibious assult),

• You must decide is it worth destroying one of those stacks totally and moving your army there, to take the hitting from german 2nd stack or you could again try doing hit and run and keeping your center really strong.

If the soviets manage to succeed really well in it’s first attack and destroys all inf + art and maybe some tanks. The soviet tactic really on inflicting a lot of damage on it’s first real test and that is when the germans decide to start their push to moscow. The belorussian stack tactic is really good, but soviets must gather offensive power in their first 2 rounds. So that they can attack, inf only is good for getting hits, but you really don’t do damage in defence that well and that is why the soviets must attack first.

Belorussia is the center where you always get the chance to attack first. If germans are building their own 1 stack army tactic, you must from the very first turns begin preparing for it. So offensive power, more and more for soviets. Inf only isn’t the only option for soviets, but you must play wisely and defensively. And USA and UK must help with moving more and more planes to your side, the germans will crack like a nut, when soviets starts to have 3 Bombers 6+ fighters. Their offensive power after that is almost equal to Germans + they have the advantage on defence keeping their fighters on offensive and in defence to maximum effect.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m