New poster-previous player (blitzing and combat questions)

• Morning all!

New poster to the forum, previous player back in 1984 with the first edition, currently playing 1986 2nd edition with my teenage son.

As I am a bit rusty, we played a dry run game where we did our best to follow the rules/play as best as possible with many trips to the rulebook and internet. However, a few things came up during the demo game. Any help/tips are greatly appreciated!

Blitzing
    Just wanted to make sure that blitzing with armor is the only way to acquire unoccupied enemy territories…

Combat/Counterattack
    When the defender is rolling for their counterattack, should the number of dice be thrown column by column (based on number of units above and below the casualty line for THAT column) or in TOTAL (based on number of units above and below the casualty line in TOTAL)?

Thanks-

Cinefyl

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Cinefyl!

@Cinefyl:

Blitzing
    Just wanted to make sure that blitzing with armor is the only way to acquire unoccupied enemy territories

An unoccupied enemy territory can be moved into during combat movement by infantry as well as armor.

@Cinefyl:

Combat/Counterattack
    When the defender is rolling for their counterattack, should the number of dice be thrown column by column (based on number of units above and below the casualty line for THAT column) or in TOTAL (based on number of units above and below the casualty line in TOTAL)?

They are rolled column by column.

• Thanks Kreighund, that’s what I thought.  :-D

This came up because my tactical son took Russia because I got too obsessed with trying to take Germany with my US Forces.

I guess that means we must fight WW2 again to see who will come out again!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You don’t beat your kids? :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m