Triple A G40 - Comprehensive list of currently unresolved issues

• @Veqryn:

4b) SBR - Triple A has you choose targets before the air battle, but attacker does not have to choose targets until AFTER the air battle. (No evidence of occurring / Can not replicate)

OK, I just tested this with your latest version, and it has been fixed.  Until now, I’m positive Triple A always made you choose the target before the air battle.  Glad it’s fixed, I will remove it.

• @Veqryn:

I did try and find errors, but for those that I listed as “no evidence / could not replicate”, I could not find any problems.

They should be removed until such a time as someone posts an up-to-date savegame clearly showing the problem.
    I would prefer a savegame that is RIGHT BEFORE the error occurs, with instructions on how to make the error occur (such as: click this, move that, and then the error pops up, etc).

Chasing down errors that don’t exist, without any evidence, is a huge drain on time.

Sure, I understand.  There were very few items on my list that you could not replicate, though.

That was a very long list, and you have remedied very many of them.  Huge strides have been made, thanks to both of our efforts.  I just said I was disappointed.  Please try and not be so defensive.  I’m just trying to help people enjoy playing A&A, and play it the right way.  Obviously I appreciate all your efforts.

You obviously see this list as an attack on your work, and therefore on yourself personally, and that’s not what it is.  It’s a player aid, and an attempt to help you improve Triple A further, which you have now done.

• Example of 5b)

Germany attacks Z110 on G1 with 2 subs and 6 aircraft.  UK scrambles aircraft.

Triple A rolls the 2 subs and asks for casualties, then rolls the 6 aircraft and asks for casualties (your notes say this is now fixed - fantastic)

But then Triple A will have the UK aircraft roll (because there is no Allied destroyer) to separate from the Allied ships, because the air cannot hit the subs, so subs are not an eligible casualty choice for aircraft hits.  The problem is, it prompts the Germans to choose casualties before seeing the rest of the UK roll.  I thought this was pretty clear from the description I had in 5b, but apparently it wasn’t clear enough, so I provide this clear example.

• Customizer

I thought i was dispassionate in my response. As a dev, I generally do need strong evidence of something in order for me to troubleshoot it.  Troubleshooting and debugging things can take hours.

5b, I wanted it reworded because it is actually not specific to air, although air is one of the ways (probably the main way) it pops up.  I also felt that your issue on subs and this one sort of combined with how you worded them, when actually they were two separate problems.

The way I have worded it is as follows:

• (NA) Each phase of combat should have all units in that phase fire before any casualty selection occurs, whereas right now in TripleA if air and subs are involved then units might be broken up into smaller groups and casualty selection done for each group right after firing.

• Again, this is a huge leap forward - I’m looking forward to whenever my next game with the new engine will be started.

I understand what you’re saying about sending examples.  I am noting in my list the items that you will need examples for.

• Regarding item 16a)

When Japan takes control of more territories during the game, there will be more sea zones that the USA is not allowed in.  You just named the sea zones from game start.

Did you notice that there is an issue with Z102 as well?  The rule book says that only USA warships may move into Z102 while not at war, that is, transports are not allowed into Z102.

Thanks, and again, I’m glad to see these issues either resolved or at least listed in the game notes.
    I have updated my document.  I kept numbering the same in an attempt to reduce confusion, so some numbers and letters are now missing.
    I lined out items that you said were resolved, until the time that I can confirm that they are resolved.  I delete them when I know it’s not a problem.
    The main purpose of my list is as a player aid, which is why I occasionally add an item from player anecdotes and have not confirmed them.  I have improved the list to note each item that is listed in the Triple A notes, and those where I need to provide evidence to you.

• Gamer, I think 5a at least needs to be reworded, as currently the list suggests that it has been fully fixed. This isn’t the case, since subs still fire before other units, therefore requiring a premature casualty choice (i.e. before total number of hits is known), both on attack and defense. The only thing that has changed is that defending subs no longer fire before attacking units if an attacking destroyer is present.

I think Veqryn summed up the remaining issue nicely in the game notes: “(NA) Each phase of combat should have all units in that phase fire before any casualty selection occurs, whereas right now in TripleA if air and subs are involved then units might be broken up into smaller groups and casualty selection done for each group.” This covers both 5b and the remaining issues with 5a.

• Thank you!!

It appears I lined out 5a some time ago, though, so it has not been listed as a current problem…

• Encountered what I think is a new minor issue today. In a combined amphibious + land assault, TripleA doesn’t allow selection of where the casualties should come from, which makes a difference if you later decide to withdraw the non-amphib units. See http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33256.msg1265148#msg1265148 for context.

• That’s a good point - I think I remember encountering that a long time ago….

I can add that

I also added item 9c recently - I took over a Chinese territory with an IC on it and Triple A did not remove it.

• Customizer

Triplea automatically takes amphibious casualties first, so there is no need to specially select them.

Do you have a savegame gamerman? China will remove them at end of turn, assuming your game is up to date.

• You know, now that you say that I realize it was a version before these last couple March updates.  If the China IC thing was fixed in the updates, then it does not need to be on the list.

Thanks Veq

So I won’t add either of these 2 issues to the list

• Customizer

the china IC thing should have been fixed a long time ago (with 1.7.0.3 + global version 3.7 or 3.8 or something).
    it is probably an old map version, not related to the engine version, but if you give a link I can take a quick look (or just post the map version + engine version being used here)
    or you could test it out with the latest version, use edit to recreate the situation, play through, see if they disappear

• Sure, I’ll give you a link

Engine is 1.7.0.5
    Game is 3.8

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33117.0

Wait, I think I know what happened.

I took it with USA, and it didn’t get removed so I removed it.  Sounds like you’re saying it would be removed at the end of China’s turn.  I didn’t wait that long to see.
    So if UK takes a Chinese territory with an IC on it, it doesn’t get removed for a whole game round?  If people know that, they will know it’s not a bug - maybe something for the game notes

• Customizer

i checked and the trigger to remove IC’s in china is done at the end of russians, americans, british, chinese, and anzac Battle phase.  From the game save, you didn’t wait til the end of the battle save.

• @Veqryn:

i checked and the trigger to remove IC’s in china is done at the end of russians, americans, british, chinese, and anzac Battle phase.  From the game save, you didn’t wait til the end of the battle save.

Sounds good!

• Think I found another one. Germany attacked a strict neutral before USA was at war. When USA entered the war, they were still flagged as neutral with the strict neutrals, so I had to edit to make them friendly before I could NCM into one.

• Please upload save file here for Veqryn, or send it to him, or post it to the TripleA site

• Here it is…

• Triple A let me land Japanese aircraft in a territory I just took from Russia…. (Amur)
    I just caught myself realizing I had just taken it
    I knew there were problems like this in China, but I guess it can happen elsewhere too

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m