Triple A G40 - Comprehensive list of currently unresolved issues

• Very interesting point!

Though the wording in 1942, 2nd Edition, is different:

@rulebook:

No Combat Value: It can, however, be taken as a casualty. If a territory containing AAA units and no combat units is attacked,
    the AAA units are automatically destroyed. AAA units may never attack.
    Air Defense: An Antiaircraft artillery (AAA) unit can fire only at an air unit when that unit attacks the territory containing
    that AAA unit
    . AAA units fire only once, before the first round of combat.

This would indicate that the air unit is subject to AAA fire, and after that - if the air unit survives - the AAA will be autodestroyed.
    As the combat value of an AAA unit is relevant only after the AAA fire itself.

Also see page 12:

@the:

Air units attacking territories that have antiaircraft artillery will be fired upon (see pg. 25).

So I think in this game it works like expected again.

• Right, but the G40 2nd edition rulebook does read as PGMatt quoted it, and what it says under “air defense” appears crystal clear that the AAA doesn’t even get a shot if it doesn’t have any land or air units with it?!
    I just asked Krieghund to confirm/explain…

• Official Q&A

AAA are land units, therefore they get to fire if air units attack them.

• Great!  But then why does it say “only when that unit attacks land and/or air units”?  Wouldn’t it be impossible not to?  I’m confused

• '20 '16 '15 '14

@Gamerman01:

Great!  But then why does it say “only when that unit attacks land and/or air units”?  Wouldn’t it be impossible not to?  I’m confused

I think this is to show that they do not fire when planes are attacking an IC/base, to clarify from the old days where you had to have aa cover for your IC’s.

• Official Q&A

@DizzKneeLand33:

I think this is to show that they do not fire when planes are attacking an IC/base, to clarify from the old days where you had to have aa cover for your IC’s.

Correct.

• No comment.

Alright, PGMatt, TripleA has been correct all along and you just misunderstood the intent of the rules.  I’m glad I decided to contact Krieghund on this

• '16

works for me.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

AAA are land units, therefore they get to fire if air units attack them.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but it is an unresolved issue.  Could we create a “tip jar” for the creator?  Or swear on our dead horse that we will eventually purchase a physical copy of AnA in order to protect intellectual property rights?  Do I think most of us already have a copy?  Yes.  Multiple editions?  Yes.  I just wish there was some way to express that.

It works in reverse, I think.  New players who might be exposed to triplea first will inevitably buy a physical copy.  These things must have crossed someone else’s mind, no?

• G gamerman01 unpinned this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m