• Hey, if you are playing Russia Restricted and assume that there is stack in Karelia, then what do you do with the troops in FInland Norway? I think that the airforce should be used to take out the neighboring ships, and that leaves the attack on Karelia kinda weak, but if you dont attack it seems like those troops are kinda screwed. thanks.

• yup, those troops are screwed, but you can transport the tank outta there if you want.

• '19 Moderator

If Russia dosen’t hit the Baltic fleet I sink the British home fleet and transport the tank to Algeria. The Infantry are screwed:)

• How come you don’t transport two inf. out isn’t of just one tank? I think it would save you an extra IPC

• '19 Moderator

That’s an option, but I look at it this way:

1. With that armor I can blitz and take more territory, faster.
    2. I usualy bring 2 Infantry from Southern Europe for the attack on Egypt, which can be used to suport the new armor in attacks on South Africa and/or Syria.
    3. 3Infantry in Finland might delay an occupation a little longer. It is a temptation for Russia to attack the armor to remove it as a threat to Karelia, where as they might wait and let Britain or america remove the less threatining Infantry. This translates into a possible couple extra IPC’s. Of course this depends on your opponent. :smile:

• Although the 2 infantry are worth more IP, the tank in this case is more important. You need all the attacking power and range you can get for the inevitable attack into Russia.

• I 100% concur with my esteemed colleagues: USSR has essentially handed you a “free” tank in Africa–don’t let 'em get away with it! No one wants to be the guy who “overextended” himself in Africa; a minimal buildup with a maximum result is the order of the day here. This Norwegian ARM is essentially “free”; you start the game w/ it. Who knows you might even save the TR (not likely)! When you fly the FTR out T1 (highly advisable) the you’ve still got 3 INF in Finland–they are good for at least 1 hit in the inevitable battle. And by the time you lose Finland you may have 9 more IPC’s coming in from Africa to make up for it.

Just my $0.02.

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m