Ambilzi & Grasshopper's 1940 Global Map (Video Added)

• Sponsor

@Uncrustable:

Awesome thanks guys…

If i may push the line a tad farther…anyway to get it without the unit charts?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Here is a link to a jpeg file of the map without mobilization zones… so you’re free of stat evidence that interfere with your advanced house rules  :wink:

https://www.mediafire.com/?opq0u632b9swc29

• That is beautiful,

Thanks to both of you guys  :-D

• '14

@Uncrustable:

Had to resize them

Does anyone know where i can purchase those factories that Uncrustable has on his game board? Can find them on any of the obvious sites.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@wartorn:

@Uncrustable:

Had to resize them

Does anyone know where i can purchase those factories that Uncrustable has on his game board? Can find them on any of the obvious sites.

They are from the 2008 version of Risk.

Tall Paul has some you might want to check out:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26834.msg1248796#msg1248796

• '14

2008 version of risk. Now the search begins

• hy Yg do you sellmap in cod i am not avalble to do this
    thank mediafire not work whit mi  and your map is perfect

• Sponsor

@louprouge:

hy Yg do you sellmap in cod i am not avalble to do this
    thank mediafire not work whit mi  and your map is perfect

I will look into it and get make to you with a personal message.

• thanks

• Sponsor

@louprouge:

thanks

Hey louprouge, I tested the mediafire file and it is working fine, unfortunately I do not produce and sell my customizations as that is illegal… I only share them with the online community for free. My suggestion is to ask someone you know to download the file and get it printed for you. Good luck.

• Sponsor

Here’s a YouTube video description of this map file…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlha8-nCxU

• Hello all, this thread has been a great help!  Kudos to Ambilzi & Grasshopper for putting together the 1940 Global Map(s).   Thanks also to Tall Paul for his encouragement regarding large maps “…IMHO it will be the best money with the best “Bang for the Buck” that you spend on your A&A gaming!”  Bigger is better?!

Last week, I got a quote from a local Southern California print shop and they provided the following estimates (note the $52 set up fee):

SET UP:   $52.05 ( digital color file set up, latex printer set up)

48" x 105" vinyl $142.63   print digital color 4/0 on white smooth vinyl (15oz)

48" x 105" canvas  $300.13  print digital color 4/0 on canvas

48" x 105" versa fabric   $273.88  print digital color 4/0 on versa fabric

53" x 116" vinyl   $174.63 print digital color 4/0 on white smooth vinyl (15oz)

53" x 116" canvas $368.13  print digital color 4/0 on canvas

53" x 116" versa fabric $335.88 please note: print cannot be any larger, printing on a 54" rolld

Thanks to everyone’s comments and feedback on this thread.   Can’t wait to wow 'em! with a map worthy of a multimillion dollar war movie.

• A second set of quotes from a different Southern California printing company for printing on vinyl (the type of material used for advertising banners):

48"x105" ,  white 64" Roland EcoSol Banner, solvent 6 color Roland 4sf  $230.80

53"x116",    white 64" Roland EcoSol Banner, solvent 6 color Roland 4sf  $258.78

56"x122.5",  white 64" Roland EcoSol Banner, solvent 6 color Roland 4sf  $277.42

(I might check on the AliBaba website to see what I can find for printing services in China.  Also, I’m checking on the possibility of printing on upholstery vinyl and marine vinyl).

• Has anyone printed his map on a larger scale without any issues yet?

• Sponsor

@jeffdestroyer:

Has anyone printed his map on a larger scale without any issues yet?

It’s a pretty big file, and the printer pro should be able to tell you how much res you might lose if any. Also, Billiam’s print is really huge and he said he’s getting it printed this week… so he should be able to tell us how it looks after the file being really streched.

• Update: Still looking to print a large map.  I am currently in S. Korea checking with local print shops.  Got a quote of USD $120 for printing on banner vinyl for  a 53" x 116".  Somewhat worried about curling at the edges, but I figure curling would be solvable.  As for resolution, one of the southern California printers were gracious enough to print out the European AA map at 1.5 the size …the resolution was satisfactory.

• Sponsor

@Billiam:

Update: Still looking to print a large map.  I am currently in S. Korea checking with local print shops.  Got a quote of USD $120 for printing on banner vinyl for  a 53" x 116".  Somewhat worried about curling at the edges, but I figure curling would be solvable.  As for resolution, one of the southern California printers were gracious enough to print out the European AA map at 1.5 the size …the resolution was satisfactory.Â

Thanks, keep us updated.

• Just picked up a 3m x 1.376m printing of Ambilzi & Grasshopper’s 1940 Global Map.  The material is a polyester fabric used to print banners.  The resolution is good.  My friends and I will playtest it within the month.  I’ll report on any wrinkling issues, pros/cons, and feedback from my group regarding the map’s playability.

• Perfect map with the naval/air bases printed on it, that really safes space!

Young grasshopper, do you have seperate files only for the Europe and/or Pacific map?
    The global file is too big for my computer to cut it by myself. (always ends with an fatal error)

• Sponsor

@Chacmool:

Perfect map with the naval/air bases printed on it, that really safes space!

Young grasshopper, do you have seperate files only for the Europe and/or Pacific map?
    The global file is too big for my computer to cut it by myself. (always ends with an fatal error)

Sorry, I don’t have a smaller file, maybe in the future when I learn more about publishing maps… my only suggestion is to try downloading it from a better computer, transfer it to a flash drive, take it to get printed, and cut it in half.

• Hey Guys,

If you’re looking for a good place to get these maps printed, I would suggest BannerBuzz.ca.
    I got one of IL’s maps done by them on a 3’ x 6’ vinyl sheet for $52.49 all in.
    Quality was good and I got the map in less than a week (Shipped to Canada). From what I can tell the banners are made in India.
    From their website it looks like they serve the U.S, Canada, UK, & Australia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m