• 1. Tank Destroyers
    Soviet army developed tank destroyers in order to deal more effectively with the German tanks. These armor roamed the battlefields to ambush enemy tanks - armed with more powerful guns than similar tanks.
    Your tanks defends on a 4 (5 if you have the Heavy Tanks development) as long as the attacker has tanks in the battle. This advantage does not affect the Guard Tank Regiments advantage.

2. Assault Guns
    Soviet army had had brought its use of artillery to fine art. They produced massed heavy self-propelled guns as ‘breakthrough’ artillery, designed to accompany infantry to deal with strongpoints or obstacles.
    Each of your attacking tanks increases one matching infantry to an attack roll of 2 or less.

How about reversing Assault Guns?

2. Assault Guns
    Soviet army had had brought its use of artillery to fine art. They developed long range Artillery that was mounted on tracked vehicles and could destroy Advancing Armor which allowed their Infantry to oppose enemy Infantry unopposed

Each Soviet Tank increases 1 defending Infantry to 3

• 2007 AAR League

I like the tank destroyers; tanks defending at a four, that’s brutal.

• @Guerrilla:

How about reversing Assault Guns?

2. Assault Guns
    Soviet army had had brought its use of artillery to fine art. They developed long range Artillery that was mounted on tracked vehicles and could destroy Advancing Armor which allowed their Infantry to oppose enemy Infantry unopposed

Each Soviet Tank increases 1 defending Infantry to 3

Considering that Russia already has the Katyusha Rockets advantage, which is an offensive advantage and an incentive to buy artillery. But also has the Guard Tank Regiments advantage that boosts the defense in Russia and is an incentive to buy tanks for the Russian player. Which one of the above advantages would be most interesting to the Russian player do you think? 1. Tank destroyers OR 2. Assault Guns??? And Why, please give a good explanation?? :-?

I think it is a perfect match to let the Germans have Jagd Panzers (Tank Destroyers) to counter the Russian Assault Gun advantage, not vice versa since now the Russian player control the game! When I say “control the game”, I mean that the Russian player can choose when and were the German Jagd Panzer advantage will come in to play! The attacker always has the initiative!

• Other variants for assault guns would be:

Assault Guns (variant 1)
    Soviet army had had brought its use of artillery to fine art. They produced massed heavy self-propelled guns as ‘breakthrough’ artillery, designed to accompany infantry to deal with strongpoints or obstacles.
    Your artillery have a move of 2 and give one matching infantry one additional movement allowance. An artillery and infantry combination may blitz as tanks do.

Assault Guns (variant 2)
    Your artillery have a move of 2 and defends on a 3.

These variants would strongly favor arillery for the Russian player, especially in combination with Katyusha Rockets!!!

What do you think???

Assault Guns… Sorry I was trying to give what I thought would be a good advantage that was somewhat historical… besides I thought we could post ideas to revise your advantages… or is that illegal? :cry:

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Assault Guns… Sorry I was trying to give what I thought would be a good advantage that was somewhat historical… besides I thought we could post ideas to revise your advantages… or is that illegal? :cry:

GG

Sorry GG! It is not illegal! I liked your variant but, it is game balanced and would be very interesting to have for the Russian player, a strong incentive for buying tanks! But historically, you are not talking about assault guns but rocket artillery (Katyusha Rockets)!!!??? I need to check it up, could you give me a hand?? :wink:

• i like the first variant of assault guns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m