We are finalizing the first citation we will cover… I’ll post up the kickstarter campaign when we get it started! Should be by next week.

GG

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Will we see any epic Iron Cross recipients/re-enactments?

;)

@Gargantua:

;)

I should do some of those! Some Eastern Front missions where a single man running a Pak75 takes out a couple platoons of 34s!

GG

The Finns have some famous encounters.

I seem to recall a stug that was given to the finns capping something like 15 soviet tanks over a 3 minute period.

• '10

@Gargantua:

;)

They gave out Iron Cross like Candy in WWII…. :-P  What would really be interesting is the stories of VC winners.  There are VERY few compared to any other National military award in History.

If you look at the numbers, the VC is the most difficult military award.

• Some years ago I saw a rather good series about recipients of the Victoria Cross. Each episode was a little less than half an hour, I think. It covered WWII, Korea and the Falklands. The episodes consisted of original filming, interview with the recipent (or his next to kind if KIA) about the citation, dramatic paintings and a female member of the royal chancery telling about VC and awards in general. Pretty good actually.

I’ve also seen a series dealing with Afro-American winners of the MoH. They got their medals only a few years ago, since it was hardly acceptable to award MoH to colored troops right after WWII. This series contained some dramatized scenes of the citation, just like a regular movie. It also showed some orignal filming of president Clinton awarding the MoH to the soldiers or their relatives.

I’m not negative to a new series about the citations of the MoH, but at the same time I also feel it has been done. I would prefer a series that focused on the Iron Cross, German Cross, Knight’s Cross or perhaps compared the actions that led to the highest award of different countries.

Well put Herr Kaleunt. :) My defense: This project is in no way is a means of “informing” the public, although it certainly can do that. Most of what has been listed from previous posters describe shows that accomplish that goal. Mine would perhaps not even be collecting any profit (still working on funding options). The reason being, each film is intended to serve as a portrait for the recipient. In the same way that a picture serves as a means of forever commemorating whoever is the likeness, I would be doing the same thing, except in an artistic medium that a modern world is more accustomed to viewing.

I do see that productions have been done on MOH-material. Just mostly documentaries though, or a dramatic retelling encapsulated within films. Totally different direction here.

I’ll also say, I just had a meeting with the film crew I’m working with, and we are set to shoot a trailer in October, and hopefully release a kickstarter campaign by the end of that month.

GG

@Guerrilla:

Well put Herr Kaleunt. :) My defense: This project is in no way is a means of “informing” the public, although it certainly can do that. Most of what has been listed from previous posters describe shows that accomplish that goal. Mine would perhaps not even be collecting any profit (still working on funding options). The reason being, each film is intended to serve as a portrait for the recipient. In the same way that a picture serves as a means of forever commemorating whoever is the likeness, I would be doing the same thing, except in an artistic medium that a modern world is more accustomed to viewing.

I do see that productions have been done on MOH-material. Just mostly documentaries though, or a dramatic retelling encapsulated within films. Totally different direction here.

I’ll also say, I just had a meeting with the film crew I’m working with, and we are set to shoot a trailer in October, and hopefully release a kickstarter campaign by the end of that month.

GG

You will receive kickstarter support from me, and likely others, if you indicate that you will include some iron-cross/knight’s-cross stories!

• @Gargantua:

@Guerrilla:

GG

You will receive kickstarter support from me, and likely others, if you indicate that you will include some iron-cross/knight’s-cross stories!

Me too GG.
    Although I am feeling poorer than I ever done!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m