British Commonwealth Troops or Flying-Boats?

• Mideast Oil
    The United Kingdom’s 1920 division of the Middle East tapped into the power from the sands. The Germans tried to get that power for themselves.
    If an air unit you own lands in Anglo-Egypt, Trans-Jordan, or Persia during your noncombat move phase, it may then move an additional number of spaces equal to its normal movement.

1. British Commonwealth Troops
    The British Commonwealth Troops served in all theatres in WWII - from Europe to North Africa to South-East Asia.
    During your mobilize new units phase, you may place one of your infantry in one of the following territories if you control it: India, Western Canada, Eastern Canada, Australia, South Africa, Anglo-Egypt, or New Zealand. This unit has to be purchased. You cannot mobilize more units than the income value of the territoy, no matter if the territory contains an industrial complex.

2. Flying-Boats
    Flying-boats played a vital role in fighting the U-boat blockade around Britain. This important weapon was a deadly adversary to enemy submarines or warships.
    Your bomber may defend adjacent sea zones on a 3 and has a special ability of submarine disruption (See Special Abilities for Destroyers in Appendix I: Unit Profiles).

• Why do you vote as you do??? Please write down a few words about why you think the other advantage is better than the other one! :D

• Afraid my vote is mostly on historical grounds again. Flying boats were pretty common in forces of several countries (US, UK, Japan); making them an advantage for one nation seems unfair.
    The Commonwealth Troops adv. is far less powerful - which is a good thing, as the UK has some pretty mighty advantages to start with.

CommonWealth Troops too me seem more useful to the Brits then Flying boats…You can refortify India Australia and Africa easier which migfht save you money
    GG

• British Commonwealth Troops it is! Any complaints? :-?

• @Guerrilla:

CommonWealth Troops too me seem more useful to the Brits then Flying boats…You can refortify India Australia and Africa easier which migfht save you money
    GG

I agree, that would be the road I would go as well.

• 2007 AAR League

I like the commonwealth troops, but on this one I went with the flying boats. I like how it will probably help to keep the British navy alive longer.

• @UKcommander:

I like the commonwealth troops, but on this one I went with the flying boats. I like how it will probably help to keep the British navy alive longer.

Yes but commonwelth troops would be a pimple in the Axis A-hole and keep the Britts alive longer in India or Africa, but at no big cost! A bomber fleet cost a lot, one extra infantry each turn does not!!! :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

I see your point. However, do the infantry still cost three and are you only allowed one infantry in a territory per turn? I guess the commonwealth’s just don’t interest me that much if that’s it, unless it’s India with an I.C., then I can see where you’re coming from :wink:.

• @UKcommander:

I see your point. However, do the infantry still cost three and are you only allowed one infantry in a territory per turn? I guess the commonwealth’s just don’t interest me that much if that’s it, unless it’s India with an I.C., then I can see where you’re coming from :wink:.

Yes the infantry still cost three IPC’s, but I think this infantry should be in addition to any units mobilized by an industrial complex. Thus it means that you can mobilize one additional infantry unit than what the restriction says; one cannot mobilize more units than the income value of the territory.

This rule would definitely bring some favor to UK, as you said in combination with an IC in India, it would be awesome to capture for the Japanese player!
    :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m