• I have a new idea that i am sure has been discussed before but going to ask.  Basically I think it may be faster to go after Japan hard with Britain, USA and whatever Russia can do.

Russia just buy infantry every turn but consolidate all Russian forces in Asia to Soviet far east.

UK hold India at all costs get an IC there.  buy one fighter a turn and send to Russia through Karelia

USA buy one fighter a turn send to UK then Russia to UK then Karelia

yes both UK and Russia will send fighters over the AA gun in Karelia  to Russia,  its a risk but probably will only loose 1 in 4 at the most.

USA will concentrate on destroying the Japanese fleet first then landing units to Soviet far East by having the main Navy at Alaska and another group of transports at western USA i know it would take 2 turns to land in far east but i don’t think Japan with the fleet gone could hold of UK and a pile of USA and Russian infantry from two sides.  then when japan is off Asia the Allies can mass tanks to Russia then to Germany.

Question is can Russia keep Germany at bay with 2 fighters one from UK and one from USA and 5 Russian infantry a turn Until Allied tanks roll in From Asia?

• no one?

• @stuckeyneila1982:

yes both UK and Russia will send fighters over the AA gun in Karelia  to Russia,  its a risk but probably will only loose 1 in 4 at the most.

Why is it a risk?

USA will concentrate on destroying the Japanese fleet first then landing units to Soviet far East by having the main Navy at Alaska and another group of transports at western USA i know it would take 2 turns to land in far east but i don’t think Japan with the fleet gone could hold of UK and a pile of USA and Russian infantry from two sides.  then when japan is off Asia the Allies can mass tanks to Russia then to Germany.

Question is can Russia keep Germany at bay with 2 fighters one from UK and one from USA and 5 Russian infantry a turn Until Allied tanks roll in From Asia?

What if Japan buys a carrier and subs on J1?

• Just so you aren’t ignored….

I like KJF in this game. UK starting with a stronger Pacific force and the India complex are big changes to me. That being said, the biggest thing I don’t like about your plan specifically is the consolidation of Russian infantry in the Soviet Far East. If I were Japan, and I see I’m going to be tag-teamed by the UK and US, then taking out a massive stack of Russian units in the Soviet Far East on turn 1 would be appealing to me. Japan could get in bombardments, two transports, fighters, etc into the Soviet Far East and probably eliminate all Russian infantry with one or two losses. Then Japan can play the “stalling” game while Germany goes 1v1 against Russia.

I’m also not a big fan of transporting from Alaska to the Soviet Far East, but that’s a matter of personal preference. I prefer to try for Borneo, etc.

From what I have seen, Russia needs every infantry it can get to the eastern front against a good German Player if the allies are going with KJF. But hey, I’m just a casual player; there are a lot of people with significantly more experience than me that may disagree with my opinions lol.

• I see what you are saying. but Japan cannot fight the US navy, UK troops in Asia and the Russian infantry in far Soviet far east.  Also the 1 fighter coming in from UK and America through UK pretty much boxes Germany in.  If Japan decides to buy subs turn 1 just keeps more troops out of Asia.  I tried playing against myself in triple A on classic map and Germany just cannot penetrate the fighters and infantry in Russia without Japans help, hence the plan to concentrate on Japan first.  It really bogs the Axis down and prevents them from gaining IPC’s and allowing the Allied 3 turn advantage to win the game. But i would like to get some players together and develop the strategy turn by turn.

• @stuckeyneila1982:

I tried playing against myself in triple A on classic map and Germany just cannot penetrate the fighters and infantry in Russia without Japans help, hence the plan to concentrate on Japan first.  It really bogs the Axis down and prevents them from gaining IPC’s and allowing the Allied 3 turn advantage to win the game. But i would like to get some players together and develop the strategy turn by turn.

Try playing against a live opponent. Germany turns into a monster because it gets a free ride on Africa and the Eastern Front and its production goes sky high. It can contest/secure 11 IPCs from Europe (Karelia, Ukraine, Belo, West Russia and Archangel) and 3+ more from Africa to add to its starting 40. The Russians can’t stop the Germans from stacking Ukraine and then West Russia because they can’t attack a German stack on either location with only infantry. And when Germany stacks West Russia, then the Soviets have to vacate Caucasus (which doesn’t fare well to the Indian IC) or lose Russia. Either alternative means bye bye to the Allies and Japan merely needs to stall the Allied offensive on Asia/Pacific.

• @stuckeyneila1982:

I have a new idea that i am sure has been discussed before but going to ask.  Basically I think it may be faster to go after Japan hard with Britain, USA and whatever Russia can do.Â

Russia just buy infantry every turn but consolidate all Russian forces in Asia to Soviet far east.Â

UK hold India at all costs get an IC there.  buy one fighter a turn and send to Russia through Karelia

USA buy one fighter a turn send to UK then Russia to UK then Karelia

I can reply partly.

1. Alternatively, you can buy 4 INF + 3 ART for Russia. It gives you good attack mobility, and you still have 7 units.

2. If you go all in in India, at all costs, then just buy 3 FTR, that’s 30 IPC. Transport 1 INF and 1 ART from Egypt to India. Blitz with 1 UK armor from Egypt to Iran. Move 1 UK INF from Iran to India.

3. U.S buying - too many possibilities, it depends. I would go either all naval or mixed naval/air buy or almost all-out air buy.

3 Bombers + 1 Submarine?
    OR
    1 Battleship + 1 Carrier + 1 Transport?

All in to Alaska or down to Solomon + Borneo, it depends. Alaska is close if you want US troops to support Russia and threaten Tokyo, while the other strategy is good for making more IPC for the U.S.

• One thing I don’t see being said is that the allies get a bid. Where did their bid go? Also don’t go all out against Japan with allies if Japan builds all fleet first turn. If Japan builds an industry and transports, then I’d say KJF is very viable. Russia can’t stand alone against Germany, so what you need to do is build 3 infantry and 2 fighters a turn with UK. On UK’s turn when you see that Moscow will fall in 3 turns pull out of India. You will reach Moscow before Germany attacks, and with your 15+ infantry added to Moscow for defense means Germany can’t hope to take it. The key is going to be having US take out Japans fleet, or take and hold one of the main islands by turn 4. Germany is going to be a bloody monster, and so you shouldn’t build any fleet with UK. Just build fighters for UK and units in India. There is no way India can fall to Japan unless Japan compromises his fleets power by building transports and ground troops, which means that the islands will be easy takes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m