• @kyrial:

I must say that I don’t think lend-lease is bad at all…. With lend-lease the advantage I see is that the UK player can land some fighters which the Russian can convert to their own and use them to attack as a supplement for the tanks which are, without careful conservation, usually done for by R2 or so and which the Russian player can usually ill afford to replace… I would be very happy as a Russian player with lend-lease since it would allow me to focus on entirely infantry and STILL have the ability to launch effective offensives past R1.

BTW, I am interpreting LL correctly, aren’t I? Admittedly AAR is still new on my table so if I’m misreading the advantage in some way let me know :)

Lend Lease for the Russians is like Banzai Attacks for the Russian as well! Don’t you see? LL is simply not an Russian advantage but an American (USA), just like UK didn’t have any SS Panzers or kamikazes! I don’t think one should focus too much on realism based on history, but I think this is just too much of unrealism!!! :wink: I think if everyone spend one thought about it, they would share my opinion! Don’t you Kyrial?

• This is how I want the Soviet Union National Advantages to be:

1. Russian Winter
    Russia’s greatest ally was its winter cold. Germany’s invasion stopped dead as the snows came down.
    Once during the game in your collect income phase, you can declare a severe winter. Until the start of your next turn, your infantry defend on a 3.

2. Nonaggression Treaty
    The Japanese refrained from attacking the Soviet Union during most of the war. They already had one bear coming at them from the east.
    The first time in the game that the Japanese forces attack any red territory, you may place four of your infantry for free in that territory before resolving combat. If Japan attacks more than one red territory in that turn, you may decide which such territory receives the infantry. If you attack an orange territory before Japan attacks you, you lose this national advantage.

3. Guard Tank Regiments (replace Mobile Industry)
    Russia used heavy tank regiments as guards of Moscow. Invulnerable to any standard anti-tank weapons available of that time, these tanks were instrumental in saving the capital.
    Your tanks in Russia defends on a 5.

4. Conscripts (replace Salvage)
    The Red Army won many battles with their raw manpower, by using untrained infantry and many times unequipped.
    During your mobilize new units phase, you may place one of your infantry for free in any red territory if you control it. This free unit is in addition to the group of units you just purchased.

5. Katyusha Rockets (replace Lend-Lease)
    The Soviets were able to supplement the artillery with massed batteries of rocket launchers. The sheer volume of fire more than compensated for individual lack of accuracy.
    Your artillery attacks on a 3, for the first combat cycle only. Thereafter, only one artillery unit can retain this increased attack factor of 3.

6. Trans-Siberian Railway
    The Trans-Siberian Railway spanned 10,000 kilometers from Moscow to Vladivostok, the longest main line in the world.
    In the noncombat move phase, your infantry, antiaircraft guns, and artillery may move 2 territories per turn only among these territories: Russia, Novosibirsk, Yakut S.S.R., and Buryatia S.S.R.

looks great!!! What made you drop Assault Guns? just wondering

IMO I think we shouldbuild 10 advantages and use a 10d… Then we max out on all these great Ideas and develop more…

Thanks Mr Andersson for stirring these discussions up!! :D

GG

• @Guerrilla:

IMO I think we shouldbuild 10 advantages and use a 10d… Then we max out on all these great Ideas and develop more…

GG

You are welcome!

Assault Guns, what advantage should it replace in your opinion, of the my latest list of Soviet Union National Advantages?

Do you use any of my revised advantages or weapons development technologies? :o

• My 2 choices-
    sino-russian pact
    Russian winter

Of course no one chose those! :-? :roll:

• @MuthaRussia:

My 2 choices-
    sino-russian pact
    Russian winter

Of course no one chose those! :-? :roll:

Why these advantages? I think the Russian Winter is the best of all!!!

Which one do you think are the two best advantages of the above mentioned?

@B.:

@Guerrilla:

GG

You are welcome!

Assault Guns, what advantage should it replace in your opinion, of the my latest list of Soviet Union National Advantages?

Do you use any of my revised advantages or weapons development technologies? :o

None of em! There all greatI just think it held a special attack ability that you said halted Germanys Advance… Got to wait for a open weekend To play them and cannot wait! This week I get to show my AaA “originator” Revised which he hasn’t played…

GG

GG

• @Guerrilla:

None of em! There all greatI just think it held a special attack ability that you said halted Germanys Advance… Got to wait for a open weekend To play them and cannot wait! This week I get to show my AaA “originator” Revised which he hasn’t played…

GG

GG

How did it work out for you GG, the new advantages? When it comes to the “special attack ability”, it will still be possible if the Russian player have Katyusha Artilery (KA)! KA will make this abillity even stronger, since artillery is cheaper then tanks! :wink: However I am very interested to hear how it all came out for you when or if you used my (or ours :D ) “improved” national advantages!? :o

If we can playtest these advantages we can use them as “Axis&Allies.org Tournament National Advantages”?! :wink:

Sounds like fun… I’ll try a solo (or 1on1) game this sat (unless I have something going…) to playtest for you (or us :wink: )

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Sounds like fun… I’ll try a solo (or 1on1) game this sat (unless I have something going…) to playtest for you (or us :wink: )

GG

Well GG, how did it all work out? Did you win or just win! :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m