• The boss has to make it happen. He knows what to do but seems to have little time. I will keep bugging him.

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

The boss has to make it happen. He knows what to do but seems to have little time. I will keep bugging him.

Understood…… and in the meantime, I will stop bugging you (lol).

• it’s no problem. If you post, i will reply. It shouldn’t take too long.

• bcguitars will be added to the list. About half of his posts are files for redone player aids, etc

Most Holy too

• Customizer

I’d like to nominate allworkandnoclay for sure. IL I’ll PM you or whomever I need to. I almost think the badge should have a more military-like title however.

I know DJensen probably does not want to get to carried away with badges but the guys from HBG and FMG probably deserve a Quartermaster’s badge. Most Holy  and the Dicetruction are definately going above and beyond for the game.

Anyway that’s just my two cents.

• I PM him so many times and he won’t respond. I just wonder if he lost interest here. All he has to do is say either yes or no so we can move on, but to not even do anything is disappointing.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I guess the answer is yes.

What are the exact specs for the badge?

• Colors
    • Icon
    • Text
  • Founder TripleA Admin

Nope, haven’t lost interest. I probably have less time than ever for side-projects. It was just a on the social media radar but if you follow me @djensen47 on Twitter, I announced that I left my full time job to found a new company. This new company is consuming nearly all of my time.

The other problem is that PMs are a really bad way to reach me, they get lost in the noise. Try using david dot jensen at axisandallies.org instead and use a really descriptive subject.

@Imperious:

I PM him so many times and he won’t respond. I just wonder if he lost interest here. All he has to do is say either yes or no so we can move on, but to not even do anything is disappointing.

• Sponsor

That sounds like the OK to me… make it so IL.

• What are the exact specs for the badge?

• Colors : black backround shape like all the other badges
    • Icon: none
    • Text : word “customizer” in white
  • Founder TripleA Admin

Icon is required, can you please suggest something?

• Starting list for badge:

bcguitars
    Most Holy
    LHoffman
    Tall Paul
    Young Grasshopper
    allworkandnoclay
    B. Anderson, Game Master
    Bob_A_Mickelson
    Jim010
    Flashman
    sgtwiltan
    Me
    coachofmany
    Viracocha
    toblerone77
    CWO Marc
    sgtwiltan

Icon: Fighter or Halftrack

• Founder TripleA Admin

I like the fighter. I’ll work on this during the week sometime and it’s officially on my todo list.

• Thank you so much for taking this time to respond. Sorry if i sounded frustrated before. Also, is their a master list of icons?

• Founder TripleA Admin

No, I just pull icons from the PDF rulebooks.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Imperious:

Starting list for badge:

bcguitars
    Most Holy
    LHoffman
    Tall Paul
    Young Grasshopper
    allworkandnoclay
    B. Anderson, Game Master
    Bob_A_Mickelson
    Jim010
    Flashman
    sgtwiltan
    Me
    coachofmany
    Viracocha
    toblerone77
    CWO Marc
    sgtwiltan

Icon: Fighter or Halftrack

Wow, this is a cool idea. I am quite honored to have made the cut.

A couple guys I have seen who could also be given the badge:

Dangermouse650     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31475.0
    Maofator     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30614.0
    Koba     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28323.msg1006390#msg1006390

I know Koba has been very involved in the Global War 1939 game, but he has also done some very good painting too. The first two guys don’t have a ton of posts, but they have done good work from what I can tell.

That would be another point to consider… do we give this to anyone and everyone who tries their hand at painting, or does the painting have to be pretty good, or should they also be an established member (one who has spent some time) on the forums…?

Not to disregard others who mod sculpts, boards/cards or entire rooms, because they absolutely deserve inclusion in this, but painting is the most accessible and probably most common customization that people undertake.

I do not wish to exclude anyone who deserves the badge, I am not even sure I have done enough to deserve it myself, but if it is distributed on a whim, it might become so popular as to be meaningless. But if IL is the sole distributor then that places a limit on who and how, which is good enough for me. I trust IL’s judgement in this area.

• Sponsor

I agree with LHoffmans last post 100%

1. I am also humbly honored as I feel that I havn’t done enough, however… my upcoming modifications to my custom table and game room will be mind blowing (video coming soon).

2. IL must have sole power and shouldn’t be influenced or bullied by lobbyists. He will be responsible for keeping the badge meaningful and I can’t think of anyone better to do so.

3. I like the fighter icon.

• Customizer

LH and YG are right. I’d feel bad getting the badge over a lot of others. I think that the badge should be for those who do something to make the game better whether by making maps, cards, painting, room/table building, modding etc. It’s something that should go to those passionate about the game and inspires

That being said this was YG’s idea. I don’t want to over-step or anything like that, but I think the badge should say “ESPIRIT DE CORPS” if possible. I don’t know but there’s a lot of guys that deserve it. I really think there’s a lot of people on here that are doing things out of pure love of the game.

• Dangermouse650     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31475.0
    Maofator     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30614.0
    Koba     http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28323.msg1006390#msg1006390

I know Koba has been very involved in the Global War 1939 game, but he has also done some very good painting too. The first two guys don’t have a ton of posts, but they have done good work from what I can tell.

That would be another point to consider… do we give this to anyone and everyone who tries their hand at painting, or does the painting have to be pretty good, or should they also be an established member (one who has spent some time) on the forums…?

Not to disregard others who mod sculpts, boards/cards or entire rooms, because they absolutely deserve inclusion in this, but painting is the most accessible and probably most common customization that people undertake.

I do not wish to exclude anyone who deserves the badge, I am not even sure I have done enough to deserve it myself, but if it is distributed on a whim, it might become so popular as to be meaningless. But if IL is the sole distributor then that places a limit on who and how, which is good enough for me. I trust IL’s judgement in this area.

I will closely scrutinize the posts of the listed individuals and make a decision. Basically, progress in this area is built upon the backs of others and those who took upon themselves the inspiration of previous members and created something beyond….gets due consideration.

I did say about 15 of you initially would get this badge. I will make one remark that Game Anderson, Game Master is a long time creator of many house rules and some of you may wonder why he was selected as he was an older poster who left us a few years ago ( hopefully he will return in full force).

Customizer badge is for anyone who has displayed a long term History of upgrading the games with maps, player aids, painting of the pieces, furniture making,  and house rules. These improve the game for everyone because now you got more than a game…this is what you invest your time in pouring hours and hours into your work and showing others so that they may benefit too.

It is a badge of total Honor and you should be proud to have it. I do not expect more than a total of 20-24 will get this badge. It is exclusive and it should be.

I must add Oztea to the list BTW. Panzerpainter who only seems to do AAM should get consideration ( even if AAM is NOT AA). This site does support AAM. The software pioneers will get consideration as well.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Veqryn MUST be on this list for TripleA.

MUST.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m