• '10

This is the most EPIC game room I have ever seen!!

I want to come and play just to check it out.

Jeremy

• Outstanding.  Very jealous.

• Yes, this war room is even better than the real one Churchill used during WWII!  (The Cabinet War Rooms, which are open to the public and which I visited a number of years ago.)

• '17 '16 Customizer

Outstanding!!!  :-o Absolutely love it! Gives me some things to aspire to. You have defanitly set the game room decor bar very high w/ this set up. Superb job. Thanks for sharing the pics and your enthusiasim is infectious.

• Thanks for the encouraging comments! This is my latest addition to the war room - my first attempt at a diorama. In this scene a German column takes a break while moving through France - 1944.

The scene looks a little sparse now but I plan to add a Puma recon car, a PZ IVH, and some more foot soldiers from some kits I have yet to finish. Just some more ambience for the room.   Â

• Beautiful diorama.  This is way beyond my own abilities – the closest I could come to replicating this scene would be to take a Sdkfz-251 sculpt from Europe 1940, a Tiger 1 sculpt from A&A1941 and a few German infantry sculpts and plunk them down on the green felt surface of a dice tray to simulate the presence of vegetation.  Anyway, this will be a great addition to your war room!

• New addition - I’ve added a German MP40 replica - its actually a plastic airsoft gun. I painted it black and drybrushed it with steel enamel - looks pretty real for display I think.

Â

• Very sweet Der!

• Nice job – it looks very authentic.

• '14 '13

Amazing, simply amazing.

• '14

This is my main inspiration for a A&A room.  I’m already searching online to find the best prices on replica hats too.  I would like to see more pictures of his map though.

• @pfc_pander:

This is my main inspiration for a A&A room. � I’m already searching online to find the best prices on replica hats too. � I would like to see more pictures of his map though.

Thanks pfc_pander - your post has reminded me it has been a while since I updated this. There have been several additions to the room. First some more map pics as you requested.

This map is 58" X 34" and is heavily modded from Imperious Leader’s 1942 version with his permission. It has 20+ provinces added and every province has a value.

European side….

Pacific side…

All neutrals have their own country marker like Portugal here…

I found this old time radio at a moving sale. I put my speakers inside it from a computer that plays streaming internet '40s music.

Wooden chip holders. One for each side table. Much better than stacking them. You can buy them at Michaels - they have lids on them. I cut them in half to the right depth and stained them.

Found these camo calculators at the back to school section at Wal-mart…

Built and added a Puma 234 scout car to the diorama…

Found a British Paratrooper on E-bay…

It’s funny - the room has sort of started decorating itself. My guys that play are adding to it now. One guy got me this pack of aircraft ID cards on his vacation…

His brother got me this Panzer Parking sign…

Also this WWII tank ID poster, which I had to put on the back of the door because the walls are full!

He even built this white “surrender” flag. The wood marker at the base can be turned to say “Axis” or “Allies” - the surrender flag is presented to the winners.

And of course in a room like this you’ve got to have some little green army men. It’s how most of us got started, isn’t it? I remember digging little foxholes for these guys as a kid in my backyard and lighting firecrackers under them. (it was before video games!)

• I love all the new additions.  It would be neat if the computer could be set to play (in between the musical numbers) a short individual clip of things like BBC Radio messages to the French Resistance.  :-)

• Yeah some of the internet stations do that - play clips of Churchill and such. I was thinking I could probably stream an old war movie from utube, too - but it might distract from the game.

• '14

Again, just awesome!  Thanks for the new map pics too.  I like your ipc chart.  How did you apply the graphics to your magnetic ipc board?  I love how you have a picture of each nations leader on the country’s id cards by the way.  Any suggestions where to buy country flags to hang from the ceiling? Â

• @pfc_pander:

How did you apply the graphics to your magnetic ipc board?

I bought a piece of sheet metal from Lowes and spray painted it black (around the edges) then I printed out the ipc chart on paper from Office Depot and glued it to the metal with plain old glue stick. It stays stuck but will also scrape off if you want to change it later.

@pfc_pander:

Any suggestions where to buy country flags to hang from the ceiling?

I can’t remember exactly where I got all the flags but just google 3 X 5 flags and you’ll find most of them for around $8 each.

Glad you like the room! :)

• '14

I’m going to order some artillery units for China (Burma Road).  Any suggestions on where to get them.  I see HBG sells by color but not sure which color is closest.

• @pfc_pander:

I’m going to order some artillery units for China (Burma Road).  Any suggestions on where to get them.  I see HBG sells by color but not sure which color is closest.

What I do is buy them from HBG (whatever color) and spray paint all units of each country with Krylon Fusion paint (Wal-Mart) the color I want. That way they all match exactly, no matter where I got them.

• '14

Got my 3 Allies and 3 Axis flags ordered today.  Had to order from ebay and another site.  Didn’t pay much shipping though.  Only about $35 for all of them.  Room definitely won’t be done anytime soon but I plan on have a game in about 2 weeks while I’m on vacation.  Just trying to doctor it up a enough so it doesn’t look plain.  Figured flags would make the biggest impact quickly for my dollar.  Your table must be huge to house your map and still have room around the edges.  I will definitely have to make a custom top to put over my table.

• I had to custom make my table - the map is 58 X 34" and the table leaves a 7" border all the way around. I’ve found this is the minimum room you need if you are going to put reference cards, dice trays, battle boards, etc. out. Even then I needed side tables to put the piece trays out. Starting with flags is a good idea - they add color and give the room a lot of atmosphere.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m