Super OP allies bid… Should these kinds of bids be allowed?

• Here it goes:

Allies bid 3inf Yunnan and fly in 2russia planes and its a hold Japan r1.

If you get bid 12 you even get a Anzac infantry in New Guinea.

Now Japan is in a hopeless situation, its as simple as that.

• Have a gentleman’s rule to where u cant place bid in empty terr, have to be at most 1 unit per terr.  I would even not approve a bid in china.

• '12

@ErwinRommel:

Here it goes:

Allies bid 3inf Yunnan and fly in 2russia planes and its a hold Japan r1.

If you get bid 12 you even get a Anzac infantry in New Guinea.

Now Japan is in a hopeless situation, its as simple as that.

I don’t agree that it is hopeless.  It depends on the skill of the Japanese player, but they can easily still be effective re-directing their efforts outside of the Chinese mainland.  I would support this argument by saying that if this was truly so game-breaking, more league players would be doing it, but you can see that UK-Europe bids are still trumping this by a vast amount.

• Have a gentleman’s rule to where u cant place bid in empty terr, have to be at most 1 unit per terr.  I would even not approve a bid in china.

Good rule, why dont they use this rule in the league.

I don’t agree that it is hopeless.  It depends on the skill of the Japanese player, but they can easily still be effective re-directing their efforts outside of the Chinese mainland.  I would support this argument by saying that if this was truly so game-breaking, more league players would be doing it, but you can see that UK-Europe bids are still trumping this by a vast amount.

I think the bid is so complicated many players have still to think of it. Its a very high netto gain in units… Why wouldnt players bid it. Mabye because its not a gentleman thing to do ;)

• '12

@ErwinRommel:

I think the bid is so complicated many players have still to think of it. Its a very high net-to-gain in units… Why wouldn’t players bid it.

I agree it’s pretty sweet, but I don’t think it is quite at the level of being a no-brainer bid, or a should be banned level.

It would be different if China wasn’t move-restricted, as it is, it isn’t a game loss for Japan if they just give up on China J1 and go right for the throat on the other Allied players.  Also, I could see a G1 attack on Russia being done as a possible counter to this to theoretically cancel the Fighter shuffle.

I did try this move in a game against Wheatbeer, and he simply countered by taking Sydney.  Tactically it is a very powerful move, but I think you are overrating its strategic importance.  I am curious as to what the experience of other players has been in actual games.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Right, Wheatbeer masters Japan pretty well!

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

AFAIK in league you can’t add any units to China or to France with a bid, and you can only add units to territories or Sea Zones that already have units.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Entek:

AFAIK in league you can’t add any units to China or to France with a bid, and you can only add units to territories or Sea Zones that already have units.

This has been my general experience.

Else you might as well add a british sub to the sea of japan, or 4 infantry to Paris.

• '12

@Entek:

The Chinese bid is perfectly legal in the Global `40 league (unless it just changed).  Strictly speaking it is also legal to bid Chinese units which they cannot buy in the normal course of a game, but that probably will be changed if it hasn’t already.  There has been plenty of discussion on that topic.

Placing a French bid in Paris should also be perfectly legal.  I don’t think doing so would be that helpful since at best maybe you’ve delayed the German attack on S. France or Normandy by one turn, which i don’t see as having a lot of strategic impact on German play.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m