1942 2nd Edition Oversized/Mega Map assistance required

• Hi there. Can somebody point me to the right direction or link to get the file for the map for strictly the 2nd edition Axis & Allies 1942? Very much appreciated if someone can help me on this. I need to get a massive map for this 2nd Edition so badly. I no longer play this game on the small sized mapboards which comes with the packaging box due to space. I always play the larger version customised maps. Please help me As soon as possible. Regards. montanaman

• do you mean something like this one?

AAR_(Original) kleiner.png

• By the way. I made a giant poster out of it, plastified and all. When we play I just unroll it on the table with scotch magic tape on the edges to keep it in place. It works great.

• That’s revised. Nobody plays that anymore. He is talking about 1942 2ed.

• so what? Map’s the same. What’s the big deal.

• LOL not even remotely close.

• I know what the playboard looks like. It’s crap to play.
    The fact that the colors are not the same as the 1942 2nd is not important and hardly relevant, as long as the territories are identical. That the relevant point.
    The playboard included is almost unplayable. Not enough space and you can hardly identify German territory borders.
    So it’s absolutely no big deal to use a functional identical map, which has better identifiable colors.

• '17 '16

@freemind:

I know what the playboard looks like. It’s crap to play.
    The fact that the colors are not the same as the 1942 2nd is not important and hardly relevant, as long as the territories are identical. That the relevant point.
    The playboard included is almost unplayable. Not enough space and you can hardly identify German territory borders.
    So it’s absolutely no big deal to use a functional identical map, which has better identifiable colors.

You should just check a closer look into South-Asian continent and Eastern Europe, you will see the real big differences.  :wink:

• I know what the playboard looks like. It’s crap to play.

The areas are totally different: different values, different areas and different connections. What you say is like saying “heck i got 1914, but it’s the same as revised 2004”.

The territories are not identical and these games are not related in any way ( 1942 2nd ed with 2004 Revised).

• I think you are exaggerating this thing to the point of obsessive freakishness.
    Do you think it’s okay that people have fun playing a game, or do you object? ….

There is only 1 border difference. Which is easily taken into account when playing.
    The territory values are the same.

• Don’t feed the trolls

• I am not a troll. I am replying in an honest way.

• There are 11 additional territories i believe in 1942 2nd (from revised and spring42), also some territory borders are changed aswell as some seazones.

This board is also larger than the original spring42 one, and plays much better. Especially when you are using the smaller chips.

• '18 '17 '16

“There is no conflict!” (Darth Vader)

@ freemind: could it be, that you mixed up the 2 editions of AA42? The map, you uploaded is quite identical to AA42 edition 1 - same borders, same values, territory dimensions slightly differing (I took a look on my AA42 1st edition map and compared it to your uploaded map). The map of AA42 edition 2 is totally different in comparison to your uploaded map, as “Does-not-feed-trolls” and imperious leader already mentioned.  :wink:

Finally: montanamans question for support is not yet answered. As far as iknow, there does not exist a map for AA42 2nd edition right now, but perhaps imperious leader could help. Additionally, I remember some other threads, were players asked for a map download.

• Yes we got another thread on whether i should make it. I need two things: a decent scan of the map head on ( not at angle), and 30 or so people who want me to make it. I can’t spend countless hours making a map for 2-3 people. Heck i wouldn’t even be printing it out. I prefer Global. I bought 42 2nd for AA guns nothing more. I bought 41 for pieces, nothing more.

• Now it becomes clear!! I have indeed overlooked the whole ‘2nd’ part, even in the title, and been comparing with the 1942 map.
    Sorry for that.
    I do however not like sentences like ‘nobody plays that anymore’. There aren’t that many players in my country and I’m trying to get some people interested in the game, which is going fine. I’ve been playing the antique game since circa 1989. Then early 2000’s stopped playing. Now I’m trying to pick things up. I like 1914, and I really appreciate my 1942 edition, which is -from a historical point of view- a great improvement as compared to the antique spring1942 setting.

• Color the borders with black marker:

• Dear freemind,

DO you have a larger pincture, or even better a vector image of the map of AAR? I just got a copy and want to create a big map. Thanks.

• To answer my own question, I am using the supreme map of IL now, IPC values are the same and so are the borders, although not necessarily always the shape of the country, but that is irrelevant.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m