• New on the forum, just curious as to what you all think about an opening move I use with UK pretty often. On the first turn, build a factory in India. I consider the UK pacific fleet pretty much useless against Japan, I say let US deal with it since they have the money, so i abandon it in favor of a land based strategy. I’ve seen people try building a factory in India where they move the one inf over from persia and pull the plane in from the carrier and try and defend it. The problem with that strategy is that if Japan wants India bad enough on the first turn, the math says they can take it. (They will lose some fighters, but having a factory on the mainland seems like a worthwhile trade). Here are my moves (only on the Pacific side) for turn one.

1. send the carrier in India to get the unprotected transport by Kwangtung.
    2. Send the Australian sub to get the Japanese sub
    3. Put 2 inf from Australia onto a transport and attack New Guinea (Not a huge part of the plan, but technically the math is in my favor)
    4. Move inf from Persia into India
    5. (here’s where things get dicey) send everything in India, plus the fighter from the carrier, into southeast Asia. Also, make sure to put one of those inf on the transport and bring it that way plus the cruiser, in order to get a bombardment. Unless the Japan player catches on to what I’m doing, the first two units he allows to be killed will be the infantry there. I don’t really care so much about getting the plane, so unless i’m doing really well I just retreat after I destroy the ground units. This way, Japan has no ground units in range to capture the factory, and next turn I can reinforce it with 3 tanks, and from there just send ground units up the coast until Japan is kicked out of mainland Asia. Then I would use the factory to reinforce Russia from the East.

• Works in LL

Also goes well along with early russia pressure on Japan and an American IC

Obviously by itself it’s a horrible idea

• I used similiar strategies with the UK for a long time… but by now I think the money in India is wasted. Japan can take India, if it really wants to in the next two or three rounds. And the money you spend in India would be way better spend (imo) in Europe. But at the end it’s probably a question about kill Germany first or kill Japan first and which one you prefer.

@Uncrustable “early russia pressure”, like what? In my experience Russia has enough problems with Germany without sending more then a minimum to the east?

• Russia sends the 10 inf that start in the east plus 1 tank. And lands the fighters in range after rd1 attacks
    UK and USA lands fighters and bombers in India and UK produces from the IC

• @Spirou can Japan take India on round 2? If the plan works they won’t have any ground forces within range, by then the factory would have been able to build tanks/fighters to defend

• Russia can land both fighters in India as well as 1 armor

UK can take Borneo rd 1 instead of FIC, this followed by a USA move to start taking islands round 2

Japan could attack india, but at a severe risk at losing a lot of air, and possibly not killing the USA china fighter. And Russia can take back India turn 2 with only 1 japanese unit defending it, and worse case UK takes it back with bomber, foghter and inf

• @empulliam:

@Spirou can Japan take India on round 2? If the plan works they won’t have any ground forces within range, by then the factory would have been able to build tanks/fighters to defend

if you follow the descriptions fo Uncrustable, they shouldn’t, and in the case Japan can take it, Russia should be able to take it back, since Japan will not have much Units left in India to defend it.
    The other question is, whether Russia is going to miss all the units in Europe… but like written before KGF vs KJF

• If I was the German or overall Axis player, I’d be loving this plan. ;)

• Hobbes what is your version of KJF?

• @Uncrustable:

Hobbes what is your version of KJF?

The IC on India forces the Allies to defend the territory, at the cost of nearly everything else: Africa, China, Yakut, Europe, etc. You need to stop Germany, so that means the UK needs to build its fleet, take Norway and keep Africa out of German hands, while reinforcing Russia. Meanwhile, the US builds either an AC, 2 DDs and a CA (or even two ACs) and gets ready to land on Solomon on US2. Japan then either chooses to push inland on Asia or counters the US naval buildup on the Pacific.

• So even KJF UK focuses on the Atlantic
    Should Russia aggressively counter any Japan advances in Asia ?

• @Uncrustable:

So even KJF UK focuses on the Atlantic
    Should Russia aggressively counter any Japan advances in Asia ?

During the first rounds if Japan pushes aggressively it can pay off to let its starting units advance closer to Russia - afterwards the Russians can destroy them at ease without worrying about losing its forces to a Japanese counterattack, unless Japan has completely ignored the US and the Pacific and is pumping out only ground units. Russia can trade space for time and the further Japan advances the longer its lines of reinforcement will be stretched.

• What about Japan building an IC in DEI?
    It seems a pretty effective counter to a USA pacific build

• @Uncrustable:

What about Japan building an IC in DEI?
    It seems a pretty effective counter to a USA pacific build

That works to protect the DEI in the short run but on the long run it’s the same problem with the Allies building an IC on India: the Japanese navy now has more SZs and transports to protect if you want to use that IC for land units to Asia and if the US fleet defeats Japan on the sea you now need to defend both Japan and the DEI from amphibious landings. The US can also still build an IC on Borneo, which is actually better than DEI from threatening Japan.

• If your playing a smart player, who does not “Pearl Harbor” with Japan and uses the Navy to take India which is basically Impossible to stop.  Do not buy Industrial complex turn 1.  Wait and see if the Japan player does “Pearl Harbor” or not if he does then you should be safe but i would wait until turn 2 or 3.  Don’t forget about the 2 infantry and transport in Australia they help defend India very well, Also the transport can move Infantry from Africa to India (after Germany has been removed from Africa).  My favorite UK strategy is to fly fighters from India to Russia “Moscow”. Creates a brick wall of infantry and fighters to setup a long game to use the Allied 3 turn advantage to win.  Its hilarious to watch Germany throw tanks and infantry trying to wear down Russia and the 10+ UK fighters and Russian Infantry  just obliterate them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m