• What do you think about this topic?
    I greatly disagree!

• What would you mean by Rel(a?)tivism anyway?

• The idea of what one person might think is really bad, one person might find ok…

• Smoking … drinking… other drugs … homosexual sex … other “underground” sexual preferences …
    i guess there are too many examples of that to disagree, and i only cut into two broader topics.

• do you agree that this is one of the stupidest threads ever!
    yes!
    :roll:

• I think Mutha Russia phrased it wrong. Im not sure what it is myself, but im guessing Relativism is the idea that any action or idea can be considered good or bad, depending on the person veiwing it, and RIGHTLY considered so. Essentially it opposes the concept of absolute truths, where certain actions or properties are inherently bad.

Thats just a guess, though, correct me if im wrong.

In my personnal opinion, reletavism is just a bunch of crap invented by people to justify their amoral and hedonists tendencies. It is the refuge of the weak willed, who cannot control their impulses. I give in to tempation once in a while, but i realize it is bad and punish myself, i dont try to justify it by saying that the conditions made it ok. There are certain laws that universally apply, and if you break it you are doing wrong. It may have some validity, but its twisted way too much to justify evil, and should be discouraged.

If i ruled the world, I would not tolerate such foolishness! :D

• I think that relativism is an absurd concept that i have decided to allow for.
    Anyone who believes in a concept that i do not agree with is obviously stupid or ignorant. Anyone who does not subscribe to my ethic and moral determinations of the world is evil and wrong.
    But that’s ok. Just because you suck does not mean that you should be eradicated off of the face of the earth harshly.

• @cystic:

…. But that’s ok. Just because you suck does not mean that you should be eradicated off of the face of the earth harshly.

:D Well, it’s good to see that humanism at least dictates some of your behaviors ;)

• How is this a stupid thread, Just because you don’t understand what it is F_alk doesn’t mean you have to be angry at me! :lol:
    Well CC, i guess we agree on 1 thing!
    Anyone who believes in this is stupid!

• Think that there is one right opinion, but others can have a wrong opinion. However, it is a good thing that some people have the wrong opinion because it gives everyone else something to laugh at. There is a god. All you Atheists are wrong. HEHEHEHE! :lol: See my example?

• I never heard of reletivism. If you want an answer explain what you mean by it.

Is there absolute truth? Certainly no.
    Are deeds intrinsicly good or evil? No.

I’ve got the impression that US people tend to see everything black and white.

• @Meijing:

I never heard of reletivism. If you want an answer explain what you mean by it.

Is there absolute truth? Certainly no.
    Are deeds intrinsicly good or evil? No.

I’ve got the impression that US people tend to see everything black and white.

it’s much simpler than that.
    There is my opinion,
    and then there is the wrong opinion.

• I just love to re-quote november here … at least along his lines:
    In my opinion, opinions are unimportant.

• “When I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you!”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m