G40 elevenjerk (axis) vs stalingradski (allies +9)

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.6

Game History

Round: 18

Purchase Units - British
                British buy 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 7 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - British
                1 armour moved from Caucasus to Rostov
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Egypt to Rostov

Combat - British
                Battle in Rostov
                    British attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans defend with 3 artilleries and 1 factory_minor
                    retreated to Rostov
                    Germans win with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 artilleries
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour

Non Combat Move - British
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Rostov to Caucasus
                5 infantry moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus
                6 mech_infantrys moved from Iraq to Caucasus
                1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Eastern Persia to Persia
                1 infantry moved from Iraq to Northwest Persia
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
                4 mech_infantrys moved from Egypt to Iraq
                1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to 71 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 71 Sea Zone to 77 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 77 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 80 Sea Zone to Persia
                1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Egypt
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Tobruk to 96 Sea Zone
                2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 96 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from 81 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
                1 transport moved from 81 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 76 Sea Zone to 72 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 72 Sea Zone to 71 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Rhodesia to Belgian Congo
                2 infantry moved from Belgian Congo to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Algeria to Tunisia
                1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to Egypt

Place Units - British
                1 aaGun and 2 infantry placed in Caucasus
                2 infantry placed in Union of South Africa
                3 infantry placed in Egypt
                1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Iraq

Turn Complete - British
                British collect 35 PUs; end with 35 PUs total
                Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 40 PUs

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.6

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians buy nothing; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians

Non Combat Move - Italians
                1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 6
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,3,6,1
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,4,6,2,6,5,5,5,6,1,6,5,4,4
                Italians collect 10 PUs (6 lost to blockades); end with 11 PUs total

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 artillery and 2 destroyers; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo
                1 destroyer moved from 35 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
                1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone

Combat - ANZAC
                Battle in Borneo

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by ANZAC from 33 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
                EDIT: Adding units owned by ANZAC to 19 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                1 destroyer moved from 42 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Guam to 18 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from 18 Sea Zone to Korea
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 62 Sea Zone
                1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 artillery placed in New South Wales
                2 destroyers placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 19 PUs; end with 20 PUs total
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 25 PUs

Game History

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Game History

Round: 19

Politics - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 4 bombers, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Kazakhstan to Caucasus
                3 infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
                1 artillery moved from Rostov to Caucasus
                3 armour moved from Ukraine to Caucasus
                2 bombers moved from Western Germany to Caucasus

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Caucasus
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys
                    British defend with 1 aaGun, 1 factory_minor, 1 fighter, 7 infantry, 6 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber; Americans defend with 5 fighters
                    British win with 6 fighters, 5 infantry, 6 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -56
                    Casualties for Germans: 3 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for British: 1 aaGun and 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 105 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,5,6,5
                Germans collect 61 PUs; end with 61 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 66 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 15 PUs; end with 81 PUs

• ___

|
    |

I surrender :-( :-( :-(  (that is the sign for the white flag :-D)

Just not much hope when I can’t win an 98% battle followed by a 64% which essentially wipes out my entire armies on each board :oops:

My bad luck has not stopped in our game.  Lost London to Germany but Southern Italy was left wide open.  80% chance for me to win…… not even one hit in 3 rounds of combat (roughly 20 dice to kill 3 units).  That caused me to lose what little navy I had left with UK along with 3 TT cause the units were 2 fighters and 1 bomber, also with no defensive hits.

Same game, Russia is pretty big due to the taking of London.  Russians attacked on German lands… 10 of 18 on 2’s.

And finally, game against Allweneedislove,  my first major Russian push, 6 of 8 on 2’s.  I was a little more prepared for the madness (cause of our game) so it did not hose me quite as bad as it did against you.

Pretty sure this dice server HATES me!!!

Lots of fun playing you though!!!  I will always have a game with you if you like.

• I meant 57% percent on the sz 6 battle not 64%.  Sorry for all the whining it has just been a bit frustrating.  If it hadn’t just been constant I would keep quiet (like our first game).

Anyway, let me know what you want to do.  Start another or take a break…. it’s up to you :-D

• I’m up for another, and I’m good with either side. That game was either yours outright or would have been down to the wire, if the dice had cooperated with you  :-)

So you choose who you want to be and let me know - if it’s Axis, start it up!

• I am trying the best version I can of the G4 J4 against a guy right now :-)  We shall see if it can live up to the high standard placed upon it by Mr. Stalingradski!!!

Also, you mentioned quite a bit earlier in the game that you had an idea of how to make my G1 unstoppable… I am still very interested in your ideas if you happen to remember what they were :-D

Let’s play the same game, same bid, and see if I can make it work this time.  I have literally crushed two other people with that strat and still felt good about our game until the battle in Caucasus.  You made such good use of the Navy that I left behind for the UK.  No one else did that.  I wiped them all out within a couple turns.  You still had all of it at the end of the game.  Nice work!!  It has got me wondering about my G1.  I may have to make a more concerted effort to get a bit more of a Navy in the first couple turns before the US comes in.

Anyway, rambling now :|

• Count me in! I need continuous work on my Allied play, and you gave me a serious run for my money last game. I need to improve quite a bit.

Hmmm… German play. Because it’s been awhile, I can’t remember exact moments - but I do remember one thing in particular - try a steady diet of at least some infantry moving to the front. Yes they’re slower, but they’re cheaper. And they go just as well with bombers  :-D  In a G4/J4, the idea is to wear your opponent down with attrition, and build up for the kill. It doesn’t always work, but that’s the idea.

You bought a lot of tanks, and those tanks mostly all died. For the same amount of money, you’d have double the units. When you’re committing to air power the way you do, those infantry are much better casualties than armor. The other thing is that steady waves of infantry leave no gaps in pressure - no let up. It can have a demoralizing effect on your opponent to see stacks of 4 - 6 infantry lined up and moving behind the lines toward Moscow all the way from Berlin  :-)

That’s all I can remember, but you came very close to cracking me using your style, and Russia had a lot of luck, so…

I think we used a 9 bid before - I’d like a UK sub in SZ98 and an Anzacian infantry in New Guinea, please!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m