New Stalingrad movie due this year..

• Pretty cool, even though it looks like….uh…Stalingrad and Enemy at the Gates.

Saw a German with a PPsh41, thought that was cool!

• These days they always have to combine some love story in order to sell us a proper war movie. Before 1980, a war movie could be made where the actual story was the war, not used as a backdrop to develop something else.

Examples of war movies w/o love: Tora Tora Tora, Longest Day

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Looks cool.

• I forgot to mention they indicated the main house is based off of Pavlov’s House, pretty cool.

• Too much CGI, plus pointless love story and retarded song in the trailer. I think I’ll skip this and watch Stalingrad again.

• @Imperious:

These days they always have to combine some love story in order to sell us a proper war movie. Before 1980, a war movie could be made where the actual story was the war, not used as a backdrop to develop something else.

“It makes me sore…I go out and sweat blood to make a swell picture. and then the critics and the exhibitors all say, ‘If this picture had a love interest it would gross twice as much.’”

– Carl Denham, King Kong (1933)

• Oh well ,I might give it a try , because Thomas Kretschmann plays in it.
    For ya´ll who don´t know Thomas Kretschmann, he played allready in Joseph Vilsmaiers movie “STALINGRAD”
    as Lt. von Witzland. and I´m kinda interested in how a Russian moviemaker portays the battle of Stalingrad.

@aequitas:

Oh well ,I might give it a try , because Thomas Kretschmann plays in it.
    For ya´ll who don´t know Thomas Kretschmann, he played allready in Joseph Vilsmaiers movie “STALINGRAD”
    as Lt. von Witzland. and I´m kinda interested in how a Russian moviemaker portays the battle of Stalingrad.

Jaded. That’s how.  They probably won’t even give the Germans credit for capturing the city, or acknowledging there even was a seige to take it back.

• They probably won’t even give the Germans credit for capturing the city

Well they captured parts of it at least, not all of it.

Well in order for the soviets to “Liberate” it.

What did the germans have to do?

From the words of a person who was there.

“I was horrified when I saw the map. We’re quite alone, without any help from outside. Hitler has left us in the lurch. Whether this letter gets away depends on whether we still hold the airfield. We are lying in the north of the city. The men in my unit already suspect the truth, but they aren’t so exactly informed as I am. No, we are not going to be captured. When Stalingrad falls you will hear and read about it. Then you will know that I shall not return.”

~Anonymous German soldier

• @Imperious:

They probably won’t even give the Germans credit for capturing the city

Parts?…The German captured almost the whole westside of Stalingrad, there were only a few little pieces left!

According to the Bürgerbräukeller spech of 8th of November 1942, according to the stand of 9th of November 1942.
    parts, parts  the whole westside of Russia, sleepy heads. :-D

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Too much CGI, plus pointless love story and retarded song in the trailer. I think I’ll skip this and watch Stalingrad again.

I didn’t really notice CGI, but what do you really expect?  Love story is no big deal, stuff like that happened, but I doubt it’ll be another Pearl Harbor.

@aequitas:

@Imperious:

They probably won’t even give the Germans credit for capturing the city

Parts?…The German captured almost the whole westside of Stalingrad, there were only a few little pieces left!

According to the Bürgerbräukeller spech of 8th of November 1942, according to the stand of 9th of November 1942.
    parts, parts � the whole westside of Russia, sleepy heads. :-D

It was over 90% of the city, the only remaining portion being the outskirts on the otherside of the Volga - which counts as it’s own district really.

Anyways the premise in general is that the captured it, refused to leave, were surrounded  and “held out” from the city of Stalingrad at the cost of something like 1000 german lives a day.

My frustration with many modern depicitions is that the story of the battle of stalingrad is more like a “failed offensive” than it is the historical “mostly captured” then “sieged”.

• Parts?…The German captured almost the whole westside of Stalingrad, there were only a few little pieces left!

You just made my point.

It was over 90% of the city, the only remaining portion being the outskirts on the otherside of the Volga - which counts as it’s own district really.

You just made my point as well.

Not split up AGS and attack the city a few months earlier…

@Imperious:

You just made my point.

You just made my point as well.

Not split up AGS and attack the city a few months earlier…

Using the same ILlogic, did the Germans ever capture Paris?  I’m sure more than 10% of the population supported the resistance.

• That is flawed logic from you. You never want to round up the truth. Parts of Stalingrad like Pavlov’s house were never captured.

The p�ss poor analogy of the French is laughable. There were no pockets of armed resistance where the French army holds out till Sgt. Saunders comes to liberate them.

But i guess the Germans capturing Paris and the struggle at Stalingrad are the same thing?  Show me a map that has French army units holding out in Paris.

Freaking go read something, and don’t rely on the lack of knowledge just to argue with me.

• I’ll watch it.

• Comrades! Attack! FOR MOTHERRUSSIA!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m