The question was raised about where I have been

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have been in the hospital off and on from the end of January until the end of March/early April.

Everything is fine for now.  I’ve just been GONE for a while.

I recently returned and was lurking and just replying as I thought was really necessary until I got my bearings again.  I am not back up and running full tilt and, presumably, I have my TripleA fixed which is nice and can start PLAYING again too.

So, yea, I think that about covers it…oh yea, and my benevolent employer decided to FIRE ME while I was incapacitated (nice guys, huh?) so I am also in the process of selling my house so I can get the FRAK OUT OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF ILLINOIS and I am currently looking at Indianapolis, but perhaps Tennessee.  (Texas is too far away!  So no, don’t even recommend it!)

• I am very sorry you have such medical problems. Really hope everything will be good and you will be healthy. Hope you can also get back in the swing of things on this site.

Yes get out of Illinois, but do go to Texas , Nevada, or California. The latter two would prove good investments for real estate. Definitely stay out of Michigan BTW.

I wouldn’t go to Michigan, New York or the District of Columbia if they paid me $10,000,000 a year for every year I am alive. lol.

Looking at Tennessee because there is no income tax and it’s still relatively close to Chicago to visit family.  Springfield, MO is also a contender, but only because I have so many friends who are there from my Army days.

And yea, I’m alive and kicking, going to take a lot more than what Mother Nature can send at me to take me out for the count!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Anything we at AA.org can do to help?

• Sorry to hear about your health woes.

I concur with your desire to leave this state, as I too reside in Illinois.  Once my youngest gets out of her local college, all options are open.  Can’t be soon enough.

@axis_roll:

Sorry to hear about your health woes.

I concur with your desire to leave this state, as I too reside in Illinois.  Once my youngest gets out of her local college, all options are open.  Can’t be soon enough.

Where ya lookin.  Just because all options are open, doesn’t mean you don’t have a preference.

@Gargantua:

Anything we at AA.org can do to help?

Thanks for the offer, I just need to get my feet wet in some games again and get the fun aspects of the site going for me again!

• Glad you are better, need you around to spar with, you know?

I’m in Kentucky, it’s pretty cool.  You should look into it.

@Jermofoot:

Glad you are better, need you around to spar with, you know?

I’m in Kentucky, it’s pretty cool.  You should look into it.

I am, had a job offer to do sat tv in Lousiville, KY but had to turn it down, not sure if I can handle climbing a ladder with a dish in my hand right now.

That, and, I am not overly impressed with Louisville.  However, it is AMAZIG how beautiful Kentucky is from Hazard county all the way west to Metropolis, IL (yea that’s in IL, but its’ darn close to the KY border, and that’s where I crossed over from last time.)

• One two word location, Jen. 
    Freakin’ Maine!  It really is da bomb.  Just get past the taxes and insane governor and rabid moose which can be confused with an occasional lost canadian…
    Did I say that?

@Infrastructure:

One two word location, Jen. 
    Freakin’ Maine!  It really is da bomb.  Just get past the taxes and insane governor and rabid moose which can be confused with an occasional lost canadian…
    Did I say that?

I’ve oft dreamt of having a B&B on a cliff in Maine with my own lighthouse (functioning of course!) where there is a “ladder” (I use that in the manner the US Navy does) to get down to the ocean to collect shellfish on my own waterfront property.

As for “insane” governor.  Uhm…hi, I’m from Illinois where we consider it to be insane to be an ethical politician and our definition of “honest” politician is one that STAYS BOUGHT lol.

Heck, I’d be good with the gov from S. Carolina the one that ran off with his mistress or some such a few years ago.  Or Blago from IL wasn’t too bad, at least he had nice hair!

Still, kinda leaning towards TN assuming I can get a job out there.

• @Cmdr:

@Jermofoot:

Glad you are better, need you around to spar with, you know?

I’m in Kentucky, it’s pretty cool.�  You should look into it.

I am, had a job offer to do sat tv in Lousiville, KY but had to turn it down, not sure if I can handle climbing a ladder with a dish in my hand right now.

That, and, I am not overly impressed with Louisville.  However, it is AMAZIG how beautiful Kentucky is from Hazard county all the way west to Metropolis, IL (yea that’s in IL, but its’ darn close to the KY border, and that’s where I crossed over from last time.)

Louisville is not bad, I visit once in a while.  Lexington is great, small enough to easily get away from, big enough to have some perks like other cities.  And if UK wins anything people go crazy.

• Don’t move to N.Y. Too high a tax rate, I’m looking at N. Carolina in a few years

• @Cmdr:

@axis_roll:

Sorry to hear about your health woes.

I concur with your desire to leave this state, as I too reside in Illinois.�  Once my youngest gets out of her local college, all options are open.�  Can’t be soon enough.

Where ya lookin.  Just because all options are open, doesn’t mean you don’t have a preference.

KY, Ten, Ark

Not too far from Ill, but not too far south either.  Gotta be on a lake (fisherman), wife likes boating.

oh I love boating!

No, wait, I love sleeping on a boat and getting a sun tan while someone else handles steering, and maintenance, that’s the same thing, right?

ATM Indianapolis, IN is winning, cause we can get a house as the first owners ever which means no roof, no siding, no HVAC troubles, etc biting us for at least 15 years.

• Sponsor

Hope you’re feeling better, and back to gaming soon.

• Cmdr ,

Sad to see you leaving the Land on Lincoln ,

He set many slaves free, yet the current leadership forgot that good deed.  They now seem bent on enslaving anybody halfway productive here with higher taxes and regulations.

My wife and I are also praying and seeking for a quiet exit anywhere better. 
    She favors CA (not me) and FL, but I prefer TX.

My mom lives in TN, but they do charge an non Wage state Income tax there.

Where ever you move  , keep in mind that any governor and with a state revenue surplus, will soon draw in productive new residents from all over.

Lincoln was a tyrant, a hypocrite, and a self serving power monger.

Good Riddance.

@Linkon:

Cmdr ,

Sad to see you leaving the Land on Lincoln ,

He set many slaves free, yet the current leadership forgot that good deed. They now seem bent on enslaving anybody halfway productive here with higher taxes and regulations.

My wife and I are also praying and seeking for a quiet exit anywhere better. 
    She favors CA (not me) and FL, but I prefer TX.

My mom lives in TN, but they do charge an non Wage state Income tax there.Â

**Where ever you move  , keep in mind that any governor and with a state revenue surplus, will soon draw in productive new residents from all over. **

That said… I agree with your other comments Linkon! (Bolded).

@Gargantua:

Good Riddance.

I feel much the same about Lincoln.  Before he was president, when the United States made a declaration to the world, it was in the form of “The States stand united in…”  and after Lincoln, addresses to the world are more in the form of “The United States is.”

In case you don’t catch the subtlety there, it’s a matter of 50 States standing together vs 1 Federal Government declaring.

ATM, as I said, I’m looking at Indianapolis.  Getting yelled at that my poor car is going to get taxed to death (2013 Prius V 5 Series, for those that wonder) but I retort that they would have to charge me $7,600 a year in extra taxes to equal the tax SAVINGS I get for not owning realestate in this accursed state.  Not to mention, our property values went DOWN yet our property taxes went UP.  Pretty sure Detroit started off the same way, hence why I think Chicago is going the way of Detroit.

Eh…whatever, I don’t want to get into politics.  Just looking for a new place to live.

• @Gargantua:

Good Riddance.

One of your best trolls yet.  I almost fell for it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m