• TripleA

My J2 is super vague. I should update that, haha. I just prefer a faster game so I kick off the war usually. I had to delay war in some of my games as of late (Russians roll mech toward the Burma road makes the J1 DOW a pain… does set Russia back if Germany declares on Russia as Russia will be out of position to hit up Iraq / move toward Africa NO).

I should update that. I will have time next week!

• @Cow:

I tried to do something for the allies, but it proved to be very difficult. G1 and J1 dice results and purchases vary heavily.

The best I can do is give overall strategy stuff.

That is understandable. Perhaps you could give an overview of various Allied responses to common Axis openers? (I.e. best defenses against India Crush or Sealion?)

In any case, thanks again for the Germany/Japan playbooks, and keep the good work!

• Cow, how about using your experience and detailing the best defenses you have seen used against your J1-G1 attacks?

Your J2 is very vague :) but gives a lot of “if this, then you can do this” which I find helpful. Thanks for doing them!

• TripleA

Well my allies is pretty bad to be honest! LOL. I tend to go full Pacific. I bring Russia and everyone over! Hell I even throw the med fleet in sometimes!

Sometimes I try to do standard strategies. Once in awhile you will see london loading men on USA transports after USA did a big drop and then surging norway.

• In my last game as axis, the USA player decided to give up the pacific and go for europe, so i played a defensive germany/italy, and used Cow’s guide for an agressive japan. I won in the pacific on turn 15, with Japan making 91 IPC/turn. I had 5 minor IC’s in asia, and 15+ long-range jet-fighters. Playing an unstoppable japan is so much fun : )

• TripleA

It is super hard to play a Europe focused allies.

I need a way to get Norway/Finland into Russia’s hands, because USA/UK do not benefit as much from it. It is a pain, because I got to sink whatever baltic fleet quickly or surge units on top of the russian stack of men after it advances… then I have to hold Russia against a germany who may ignore it and just go for the capital city.

Meanwhile Japan explodes…

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I like your strategy guides and often try to suggest to new players to read them.  I think they really speed up the learning curve of picking up the game.

• Cow, I know you say your Allied play is poor, but can you perhaps do a Allied write up of the best counters you’ve seen to your Axis playbook?

I am consistently being beaten by the Axis in my games…

• I like reading your strategies.  I tried the J1 and was unsuccessful but do appreciate the time and effort it takes to put those things out.  It inspired me to write out a J4 strategy but I was quickly informed that I needed to try my strategy against “experienced” players before I could regard it as a “viable” strategy.  I am in the process of playing those games to see if I need to tweak anything in my strategy before I actually post it.  I can only hope that it is as easy to understand as the ones you have put out Cow.

Thanks again!!

• @elevenjerk:

I like reading your strategies.  I tried the J1 and was unsuccessful but do appreciate the time and effort it takes to put those things out.  It inspired me to write out a J4 strategy but I was quickly informed that I needed to try my strategy against “experienced” players before I could regard it as a “viable” strategy.  I am in the process of playing those games to see if I need to tweak anything in my strategy before I actually post it.  I can only hope that it is as easy to understand as the ones you have put out Cow.

Thanks again!!

Yes it seems this community is much like the scientific community, your strategies must be reviewed and tested by your peers before it’s recognized :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m