• @Cmdr:

Jermo,

I only play on a PC these days.  I gave up back in 05 using gaming systems and went back to the real computer where you can link gpus and run octo-core cpus etc.  I just really wish I could USE the technology!

As for Halo, it was a reference to demonstrate a point.  Warcraft is just as bad, imho.  The technology is there (ahem, Avatar and the Final Fantasy Movie that came out ages ago?) but the companies seem reluctant to produce it.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one out there that would drop $124.99 on a game.  Oh wait, I’M NOT!  http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack and http://evonygame.com/?p=1201 and I am sure quite a few other games out there.  I highly doubt people would resist playing a game with movie level cinematic effects and characters even if it cost them $500/year with a $249.99 initial outlay, as long as it had the backend support of warcraft that is.  No end game is really a killer in these games, drives me nuts to play for 4 months and say “whelp, that’s it, all done.  Finished the game…”

You like RPG? Have you tried Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@empireman:

@Cmdr:

Jermo,

I only play on a PC these days.  I gave up back in 05 using gaming systems and went back to the real computer where you can link gpus and run octo-core cpus etc.  I just really wish I could USE the technology!

As for Halo, it was a reference to demonstrate a point.  Warcraft is just as bad, imho.  The technology is there (ahem, Avatar and the Final Fantasy Movie that came out ages ago?) but the companies seem reluctant to produce it.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one out there that would drop $124.99 on a game.  Oh wait, I’M NOT!  http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack and http://evonygame.com/?p=1201 and I am sure quite a few other games out there.  I highly doubt people would resist playing a game with movie level cinematic effects and characters even if it cost them $500/year with a $249.99 initial outlay, as long as it had the backend support of warcraft that is.  No end game is really a killer in these games, drives me nuts to play for 4 months and say “whelp, that’s it, all done.  Finished the game…”

You like RPG? Have you tried Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Not yet.  Though I have been told by at least two people now.

• skyrim is pretty awesome.  I would have over 300 hours into it if I hadn’t scratched my disk.

• Cmdr Jennifer,
      Not sure what games you specifically are into, but I highly recommend Skyrim (with the free graphics mods) and the Witcher 2 (with the free enhanced download) if you are into first person RPG style games.

@BJCard:

Cmdr Jennifer,
       Not sure what games you specifically are into, but I highly recommend Skyrim (with the free graphics mods) and the Witcher 2 (with the free enhanced download) if you are into first person RPG style games.

Warcraft is as close to first person shooter as I like to get.  Well, technically, first person magic thrower, lol.

• well, first person shooter is different than first person RPG in my mind.  Its Call of Duty vs. Skyrim/Witcher 2, Skyrim/Witcher 2 being more RPG-like with increasing abilities and better story.

If you aren’t into those games, and like strategy games, than I recommend the new XCOM and Europa Universalis III (IV comes out in the fall).

I play some Starcraft II as well for a quick multiplayer game once in a while.  Also play Civilization V on occasion.

Almost forgot- the Mass Effect franchise is probably the best series of games I’ve ever played.

I like turn based strategy which, yes I know, doesn’t exist anymore.  Latest being Star Trek: The Next Generation, Birth of the Federation which came out somewhere in the 90s.

Real time action fantasy games are fun, as long as they aren’t for little girls like the Sims or Second Life both of which are, in my mind, fantasy, but neither are playable to me!  EverQuest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft are all games I liked, but man, I just don’t have 80 hours a week anymore!

• @Cmdr:

I like turn based strategy which, yes I know, doesn’t exist anymore.  Latest being Star Trek: The Next Generation, Birth of the Federation which came out somewhere in the 90s.

Real time action fantasy games are fun, as long as they aren’t for little girls like the Sims or Second Life both of which are, in my mind, fantasy, but neither are playable to me!  EverQuest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft are all games I liked, but man, I just don’t have 80 hours a week anymore!

Well, it is true that turn based strategy games are kind of hard to find, but again, XCOM and Civilization V are both good turn based games.  You could get Space Empires V or Galactic Civilizations II, which are 4X games (and turn based, but a bit dated).  I did enjoy that Star Trek game you mentioned, and I’m not really into Star Trek much.

Skyrim and the Witcher 2 are real time action fantasy games that are mostly single player, so you don’t have to commit to 80 hours/week to keep up with your friends.  They are definitely NOT like the Sims or Second Life.

• I like the World of Warcraft graphics, it shows that one of the most popular games ever doesn’t have to have awesome graphics.

@Muuzza671:

I like the World of Warcraft graphics, it shows that one of the most popular games ever doesn’t have to have awesome graphics.

They do upgrade the graphics with each release, I believe.  So Kung Fu pandas have better graphics than Vanilla WoW did.  I think.  Honestly, I skipped the first expansion, came back for lich king and cataclysm (had to, they forever changed the world!) and am skipping pandas.

• Skyrim has really good graphics on high.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The Kung Fu Panda’s jumped the shark for me.

So stupid.

@Gargantua:

The Kung Fu Panda’s jumped the shark for me.

So stupid.

They argue that they had them in versions of warcraft before the kung fu panda movie came out, but…yea…no thanks. lol

• I have to…

FUS SA RAH!

• @empireman:

I have to…

FUS SA RAH!

I don’t remember that one, which one is it?

FUS RO DAH is the one usually employed…

• @Jermofoot:

@empireman:

I have to…

FUS SA RAH!

I don’t remember that one, which one is it?

FUS RO DAH is the one usually employed…

Ah Crap I did it again.

Every time I miss spell Fus Ro Dah…… :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m