• @xxstefanx see the earlier comments in this thread

Swiss is attacked by both Munich and Alsace army, from Swiss, Piedmont was next, which was the end destination of the German army in Italy as the France intervened. However by doing so, France was not able to attack Germany in the West and the Austrians were able to press through Venice, to Tuscany and Rome. Austria attacks Venice in turn one with everything possible. All, but one infantry from Vienna, are sent to aid the Italian Austrian forces as well.

Both Serbia and Romania are attacked by Austria.

Germany sents all units from Hanover, Berlin to the East, but one infantry, which moves to Munich with the fighter of Berlin. Fighter aids the German Italian contingent. All German purchases are meant for the East.

• @Snackbar:

@xxstefanx see the earlier comments in this thread

Swiss is attacked by both Munich and Alsace army, from Swiss, Piedmont was next, which was the end destination of the German army in Italy as the France intervened. However by doing so, France was not able to attack Germany in the West and the Austrians were able to press through Venice, to Tuscany and Rome. Austria attacks Venice in turn one with everything possible. All, but one infantry from Vienna, are sent to aid the Italian Austrian forces as well.

Germany sents all units from Hanover, Berlin to the East, but one infantry, which moves to Munich with the fighter of Berlin. Fighter aids the German Italian contingent. All German purchases are meant for the East.

What about the rest of the Western Front?  That is a very long line to defend.  Does Germany just sacrifice that territory in order to kill italy?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@almashir:

Chacmool,

I’m with you on Switzerland.  I don’t know that it needs to be impassable, but it shouldn’t be the preferred expressway everyone uses as a shortcut to Grandma’s house either.  It should be more of a congested toll road that’s under construction with only one toll booth open, to represent the mountains, forests, lakes, rivers, and angry Swiss with guns and fortress tunnels dug into the rocks.Â

I’m not sure what to do to achieve that, however.  Give the Swiss a bigger army than their economic value would indicate?  Apply an economic penalty to the attacker to represent an embargo from neutral countries whose leaders are afraid of their numbered bank accounts going away?

If Germany invades Switzerland, bring USA 1 turn closer to D.O.W.

• @Tyberius:

@Snackbar:

@xxstefanx see the earlier comments in this thread

What about the rest of the Western Front?  That is a very long line to defend.  Does Germany just sacrifice that territory in order to kill italy?

Basically yes, Germany plays defensively against France. The supply-line between Berlin and the German armies will be shorter and Austria, which will be making over 40 IPC, can easily aid Germany from Vienna.

• Gargantua wrote:

“If Germany invades Switzerland, bring USA 1 turn closer to D.O.W.”

I think I like that.  It’s simple, and it doesn’t involve a special rule to give Switzerland a bigger army than its IPC value would indicate.  But it might have to be two turns, or maybe instantaneous, to be a real deterrent.  I guess that would have to be tested.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m