• I have a question

I noticed that a Battleship has Armour of 9 therefore a
    sub would have to have 5 roles of the dice to reach that (i.e. 2x5)
    however the maximum for a sub is 3.

Am i able to attack with two subs at the same time and have
    6 rolls of the dice? This is the only conceivable way to sink
    a battleship with a sub but i believe you cant add dice from more than
    one unit.

On a historical point i believe battleships Barham, Royal Oak and Yamato (i think)
    were sunk by a sub

• you have got it wrong subs roll torps not gunnery therefore it has no bearing on armor but Torp hits against the bb’s hull and only hit on a 6.  Subs are the bane of bb’s in the game.@Grhm:

I have a question

I noticed that a Battleship has Armour of 9 therefore a
    sub would have to have 5 roles of the dice to reach that (i.e. 2x5)
    however the maximum for a sub is 3.

Am i able to attack with two subs at the same time and have
    6 rolls of the dice? This is the only conceivable way to sink
    a battleship with a sub but i believe you cant add dice from more than
    one unit.

On a historical point i believe battleships Barham, Royal Oak and Yamato (i think)
    were sunk by a sub

• Every card has icons next to the number to identify what it represents whether main guns,secondaries,terts, anti air, torps etc.

• @Grhm:

On a historical point i believe battleships Barham, Royal Oak and Yamato (i think) were sunk by a sub

Barham and Royal Oak were indeed sunk by submarine-fired torpedoes.  Yamato and its sister ship Musahi both sank under a combination of bombing and torpedo-bombing from US carrier planes.  Their half-sister Shinano (completed as a carrier) was sunk by a US submarine.

• Subs attack with torpedoes and the rules for torps are different than gunnery attacks.

Torps score hits when a ‘6’ is rolled and they cause the target to lose 2 hull points so the battleship does not have a defense factor like the armour rating vs torps. Keep in mind that there are a couple of special abilities that modify the damage a torpedo does, the two most common are torpedo defense or TD1 which removes one point of hull damage from a torpedo attack and most Japanese destroyers and cruisers have Long Lance torpedoes which actually cause 3 points of damage to the target.

There are some other special abilities (SAs) that give you a roll and a roll of 4+ will remove a point of hull damage and there are probably another couple but they escape me at the moment…either way, this is the base example of how submarines attack :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m