• Chindit wrote

well, even though Zhukov_2003 has somewhat stolen my thunder I will (very graciously) respond to the original request and fill in the tiny gap Z-2003 has left me.

Sorry about that Chindit.

• it was my own fault for going on holiday

• I think the Kalkin Gol battle was a victory due to Soviet guns and tanks.
    In both cases the Soviets fielded better equipment, which eliminates Japanese Esprit d’ Corps as a tactical advantage. I wonder if there has ever been a movie about those engagements!

• Hey Chindit- My maternal granfather was a real Chindit- Do you mind if I ask why you took that name?

• I’m surprised no one said moscow! If the ruskies lost this battle there capital would have been gone! and so would the kremlin!

@MuthaRussia:

I’m surprised no one said moscow! If the ruskies lost this battle there capital would have been gone! and so would the kremlin!

the Government would have retreated and kept alive in Sibirea…besides germany would have gained nothing much because it is just frozen wasteland and still a thousand or so miles from the Rescources and Factories at home in one direction and Russkies in another…

• Yea, but it would be a moral defeat!

• @sherman28:

I think the Kalkin Gol battle was a victory due to Soviet guns and tanks.
    In both cases the Soviets fielded better equipment, which eliminates Japanese Esprit d’ Corps as a tactical advantage. I wonder if there has ever been a movie about those engagements!

I don’t think so, because for one, I believe until the USSR fell, it was classified info, and two, I could be wrong on this, but I don’t think Russia has a very large film industry, and Japan would have no reason to make a movie in which they lose. Three, I think the Soviets outnumbered the Japanese, so it’s not a real good candidate for a movie anyway.

• You are proabably correct. But stikll what a great movie it would make! Or maybe one about Kursk….

• You guys should see At Enemy Gates, its really good!

@sherman28:

You are proabably correct. But stikll what a great movie it would make! Or maybe one about Kursk….

Kursk definitely!

• But sometimes they hollywood the movies to much…

• Enemy gates though is the best movie!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m