Oztea's 1941 Global Setup

• Hey Oztea I was wondering how you got the numbers for the game? I’ve tried doing year conversions before but gave up after having to deal with countries like china and their number representation in infantry units.

• Hey it has been a while! I have really been enjoying this! Thanks so much Barney for the link to the 42 setup by Oz!!

• '17 '16 '15

Oztea’s setup can now be dl inside triplea. It is in the Global 40 game.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Oztea’s G41 brief review (have played x2-3)

this is a beefy setup that deploys most of what is in the full Global set.  Germany and Japan are even more fleshed out, pretty much putting all the pieces and air on the board to begin with.  You can decide to declare war on the 1st turn or the second, so its well done as far as there being choices, though it seems far more expedient to just get to the fight when you are on either team.

Our guys insist on putting kamikaze back in, though think it makes japan too deeply defended against anything but the deepest American commit.

The Axis are at a disadvantage, simply because the Allies have been given a fun and flexible force to start off with
    a) there is a real, flexible eastern Russian army
    b) America has plenty of extra land units so they don’t have to waste $$ on that
    c) ANZAC has lean beef and bases and its kung fu fighting
    d) rich usa vs Africa play taking over some fun income though it cost some ships and was a diversion…

Still, the can opener with Italy opened the way to Moscow and stabbed him in the heart, with like 7 mech 17 armor on t4…japan threw everything against the USA, which cost him the continent but kept USA from deploying against Germany full flower

• '17 '16 '15

I find it to be very well balanced. Much more so than OOB 2nd edition. If you haven’t already, read the first several pages on this thread. There are a lot of experienced people who comment.

• '17

Great Setup! Really enjoy how the setup’s scenario looks as if Europe has been engaged in a bloody war in the Atlantic, Battle of Britain, Mediterranean Sea, and North Africa.

• Sponsor

OZTEA,

I’m doing setup cards for your 1941 setup in my Delta deck G40 gaming accessory… I need a question answer ASAP before I take it to the printer.

Did you mean to leave off the bases in the Philippines or was it an error in the setup and they should be there after all?

Thanks.

• This is still the best fan-made Global 1940 setup by far.  It even beats Larry’s 1942.  I have tried dozens of alternate setups and none has the originality, amazing choice decisions, historical battles, or balance as Oz’s 1941.  My 20+ game members always come to me asking for this to be on the table next Saturday.  Me and my buddies have dabbled in alternate setups but there is nothing that can be as good as this.

Bored of 1940?  Want a change of pace?  Want to get right into action, dice-rolling, and warring?  Well, if you don’t mind having so many georgous piece on your board, play this!  It’s not simply fun, it is masterfully invigorating.

• '17 '16 '15

@Charles:

This is still the best fan-made Global 1940 setup by far.  It even beats Larry’s 1942.  I have tried dozens of alternate setups and none has the originality, amazing choice decisions, historical battles, or balance as Oz’s 1941.  My 20+ game members always come to me asking for this to be on the table next Saturday.  Me and my buddies have dabbled in alternate setups but there is nothing that can be as good as this.

Bored of 1940?  Want a change of pace?  Want to get right into action, dice-rolling, and warring?  Well, if you don’t mind having so many georgous piece on your board, play this!  It’s not simply fun, it is masterfully invigorating.

You know…I Agree Whole Heartedly LOL !!! Funnest mod I’ve played with OOB rules and units :)

• Sorry I havent been able to respond in forever guys, glad to hear all the admiration the setup is still getting, thank you all. I got a new job as a Tractor Trailer driver a few years back and it has ruined my ability to play A&A consistently. I popped back on the forum to look to see if there has been any work on writing an updated ruleset for AA Anniversary to bring it in line with Global 40 rules. That has been scratching at the back of my mind.

• Hey Oz, with Anniversary being the new rave ever since its second release, I have been forced to play it multiple times recently.  Although some changes I can deal with (like the industrial complexes which are actually just fine), some things like tanks at 5 IPCs and indestructible AA guns don’t sit well with my players.  Once I get our house rules for updating Anniversary to modern standards, I’ll be sure to share it.  We even experimented with adding mech. and tactical bombers and, of course, France.  :)

Thanks again for making the best fan-made setup on here.

• '17 '16

@Charles:

Hey Oz, with Anniversary being the new rave ever since its second release, I have been forced to play it multiple times recently.  Although some changes I can deal with (like the industrial complexes which are actually just fine), some things like tanks at 5 IPCs and indestructible AA guns don’t sit well with my players.  Once I get our house rules for updating Anniversary to modern standards, I’ll be sure to share it.  We even experimented with adding mech. and tactical bombers and, of course, France.  :)

Thanks again for making the best fan-made setup on here.

Hi Charles,
    can you tell me more about what did not fit with your players?
    What was perceived as wrong with Tank at 5 IPCs and AAguns?

• I would rather discuss the other issues elsewhere, but we find Tanks at 5 IPCs to be too overpowered and the neutral indestructible AA guns to be too “gamey.”

• '13

Can this set up be found on something other than a .tsvg file?  .doc or .pdf would be nice.

• '17 '16 '15

it’s on triplea

listed on first page the set up here

• '22 '21 '16 '15

Hello gents,

me and a good friend of mine were playing the lovely oztea41 version and had
    a blast so far.
    No I feel like I am screwed as the japanese player. I see no chance to find a safe place for
    my fleet and invasion looks like it is inevitable.
    So far I have played prettty conservative with the Japanese player but still see no chance against the combined
    fleet and airforce of the allies in the pacific theatre.
    Any idea what I made wrong here?
    Also any idea were to find good position for the Japanese fleet?

Cheers and have a nice weekend fellow generals.2020-11-24-Japan R7.tsvg

• Where can I find the most updated setup for this game? The setup in the beginning has been changed you said, and I want to play it on my G40 board.

• @victoryfirst just check the latest setup by downloading triplea with the oztea41. That’s what I did for my board.

• @victoryfirst yea it’s inside the “World War II Global” map

• '22 '19 '18

@barnee

What is the most current set up? Comparing the set up on this thread to the triple A set up has quite a few changes. Which one is the most current?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m