• I was thinking of limited production in the Ruhr. Very correct IRL.

On topic, giving the Turks a beating in the first round is something they never really recover from. Russia and Britain attacking gives them too much tts to take back and when they do its turn four.

• In our new games I’ve been using the strategy of sending the Canadian transport down to India if Germany’s subs either miss or they send their subs against the main UK fleet. If you thought having 2 invincible transports was tough to deal with, try three.

• Customizer

Nah, just plough through Persia.

Use your transports to get an army into Karelia before the Germans reach it.

• @zanetheinsane:

In our new games I’ve been using the strategy of sending the Canadian transport down to India if Germany’s subs either miss or they send their subs against the main UK fleet. If you thought having 2 invincible transports was tough to deal with, try three.

That it very interesting zanetheinsane (I like it for the allies anyway, CP not so much LOL). You could also send some Canadians to Africa to clean out the Germans faster, then head to the Middle East/Med.

In our games the Germans have adopted to all available fleet hit the UK home fleet to sink it faster, leaving the Canadian mini fleet alone (the Atlantic subs have to go through both UK mined SZ’s though). This seems to preserve the German fleet much better, and gives you something to build with (if you go that way). Otherwise both your sea battles are a bit dicey, and the subs you send to Canada (if they survive your attack) will be sunk by the French ASAP.

• That was the conclusion we came up with. The 2 subs versus 1 cruiser has the potential to be good (and the games where it works it was great) but the opportunity for disaster is so great that our CP players would rather risk the minefields and leave no UK boat to chance.

I always take some Canadians with me to drop off in Egypt to further lock that down.

Once your three transports get into position outside of India you can transport 6 units a turn directly into Mesopotamia. That is… traumatic to the Ottoman empire.

• @zanetheinsane:

That was the conclusion we came up with. The 2 subs versus 1 cruiser has the potential to be good (and the games where it works it was great) but the opportunity for disaster is so great that our CP players would rather risk the minefields and leave no UK boat to chance.

I always take some Canadians with me to drop off in Egypt to further lock that down.

Once your three transports get into position outside of India you can transport 6 units a turn directly into Mesopotamia. That is… traumatic to the Ottoman empire.

Yeah, also if the Italians have built some transports, then the Turks aren’t drifting too far from their capital with a possible double attack by sea.

• @Flashman:

Nah, just plough through Persia.

Use your transports to get an army into Karelia before the Germans reach it.

The other purpose of the three transports is to make sure that the Ottomans don’t take Egypt. We have had some “strategy session” games where we let the Ottoman’s take Romania, Sevestopol, and Albania in order to get big. They had a good defensive front on Mesopotamia thanks to the remainder of the Austrian forces in Russia and had a major supply line toward Egypt, to the extent that France was having to send forces to Egypt and at once point the Ottomans had pushed into Egypt.

That third transport is extra insurance that the Ottomans have nowhere to go.

• Customizer

I’m beginning to think the best use of the Canadian transport is in Africa. After all the UK can quite easily build what it needs at home.

The Canadian transport can immediately dump a couple of units in FWA, which should be enough to clear the continent of Germans a turn or two earlier than usual, then it can ship the surviving Africans to wherever they’re most needed.

• @Flashman:

I’m beginning to think the best use of the Canadian transport is in Africa. After all the UK can quite easily build what it needs at home.

The Canadian transport can immediately dump a couple of units in FWA, which should be enough to clear the continent of Germans a turn or two earlier than usual, then it can ship the surviving Africans to wherever they’re most needed.

The Canadian Transport dies turn one

Kim

• The Canadian Transport dies turn one

Kim

Maybe.  The Germans can kill it (or at least have good dice to kill it), but in doing so they sacrifice those two subs to the French fleet.  I’ve recently been playing around with combining the entire German fleet (BB, 2 CR, 4 subs) against the British primary fleet.  IMO it’s a somewhat better move than killing the Canadian fleet; granted no matter what strategy I try the CP ends up losing anyway.

• What do you think about possibly pulling the two German subs back to SZ 4?  First, they wouldn’t have to dodge 2 mine rolls (and Germany has enough to kill Britain’s home fleet anyway). Second, you’re set up to make a joint attack on SZ 8 turn two if Britain should try to drop a fleet. A G1 build of a BB in SZ would help (a battleship could likely survive 2a mine rolls on its way to SZ 8).

I haven’t tried this yet, but it might help a Paris or Bust strategy (preventing British reinforcements to France).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m