Global War -1936-1939-1942

• Ahh roger that coachofmany, can’t wait for the release then! I am loving the Risk piece cavalry units, a really great idea.

• I’m very excited about the updated rules, but I’m not fond of the new map. In the closeup of the South America pic the text around the coasts and the graphics inside the territories are very busy and distracting. My group prefers a cleaner look. The extra graphics are interesting to look at, once, then they get our way during play. Just constructive criticism. :)

• I’m really looking forward to this map. The increased detail will add a whole new level of strategic depth in my opinion. I’m picturing columns of panzer edging ever closer to the Volga River. It certainly expands the possibilities for house rules. Combined with the accurate geography and political boundaries of 1936, this will be very impressive!

• Is this project still in the works?  I’m very excited about it.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ancient:

Is this project still in the works?  I’m very excited about it

It is. Working on 3 setups and many new features. Look for it in the fall of 2014

• Any chance you might go with a hex sea zone scheme?

• Customizer

General Doug,

@P-Unit:

I’m very excited about the updated rules, but I’m not fond of the new map. In the closeup of the South America pic the text around the coasts and the graphics inside the territories are very busy and distracting. My group prefers a cleaner look. The extra graphics are interesting to look at, once, then they get our way during play. Just constructive criticism. :)

––I, too, would prefer a map w/o the pretty but distracting artwork such as the B-17 in the Pacific on your 1939 map (which is otherwise excellent). However, I DO like the “waves” on all of the coastlines.
    ––I’m guessing here, but I’d imagine that this map will allow longer games including the Evolution of the game Units, like from Pre-war Battleship, to Battleship, to Heavy Battleship. Is this correct? If so, this game varient will undoubtably have the largest impact on A&A gaming yet!
    ––I’m certainly going to be anxiously awaiting it’s release and will be watching for all of the updates.

Three cheers for the HBG gang (again)

“Tall Paul”  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@coachofmany:

@ancient:

Is this project still in the works?  I’m very excited about it

It is. Working on 3 setups and many new features. Look for it in the fall of 2014

How big will the map be? Will it be the same size as the current revised 1939 map?

Thanks,

John Brown

@John:

@coachofmany:

@ancient:

Is this project still in the works? � I’m very excited about it

How big will the map be? Will it be the same size as the current revised 1939 map?

Thanks,
    Yes same size of map.

John Brown

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

That’s cool! Thanks for the quick reply.

John

• Really like this 1936 variant from what I have seen so far :-)

Maybe now I don’t have to play like 80 hours of WorldInFlames to get a complete, satisfying WW2-feel.
    Great game though very long playing time  :cry:.

Units taking time to produce very nice  :-D. BBs/CVs taking like 2 years in reality, but at reduced IPC cost compared to current cost, ofc.
    Speaking of IPCs, I missed the IPC values on the maps?! Guess that’s just a ‘test-feature’ ;-).

Hopes up for a slightly more sophisticated combat system (with less dice rolled?) that is more forgiving and softening up (very) bad/good rolling.

• Customizer

ItsLeClerc & Others,

––HBG already has the 2-D and 3-D versions of it’s “Floating Drydock” markers made and in stock. You could even include them in your Global-1940 games as a house rule if you wanted. I had wanted this (and other) enhancements in my A&A games for several years. I guess that we are ALL lucky that the “Coach” at HBG seems to be as addicted to this game as we are, and is a good businessman, too.

“Tall Paul”

drydockpair.jpg

• I don’t like reviving old topics, but I figured I could for this one…  I know that this question’s been asked already, but I’m just wondering what the status of this project is.  It looks extremely promising.  I think I’m speaking for other people too.  Are we still looking at this fall to know what it’s all about and see it on sale?

Also, does the development of the 7.0 version of the GW39 rules have any correlation to this version?

I hope to hear from you soon.  Thanks.

• will the 36 game be compatible with the global expansions, and will there be two types of currencies

• Just bumping this because I think it would be great to see this project come to fruition.

@Ben_D:

Just bumping this because I think it would be great to see this project come to fruition.

We are still working on it, will have a big play-test this weekend in Tulsa.
    We will have more information in the newsletter and I will post some here.

One of the projects we are really excited about at Historical Board Gaming
    is our new edition of GLOBAL WAR.  Some of the features that should be
    exciting to games include a number of new units and sculpts including Mountain
    Infantry, Partisans, Light Carriers, Air Transports, Torpedo Boats (and more). 
    The beautifully recolored map features a host of new territories and terrain
    features - a completely historically accurate landscape.  The optional 1936 start
    date, new victory conditions, convoy and lend-lease systems and many
    other changes will make this a must have!  The 1936 game features many early war conflicts including the Chinese Civil War, Spanish Civil War, Italian invasion of Abyssinia and others.  Small conflicts and limited income in the early war phase allow players to undertake expanded strategy options as they prepare for the coming war.  Rules will be released in a modular 3 ring binder system allowing you to add pages as supplement sets come out.

We have MANY planned expansions, the first of
    which will be BATTLE FOR THE ATLANTIC, followed by ALLIED SUPER
    WEAPONS.  From there, we’ll not only put out World War II sets
    but work backwards to an Interwar set that connects to a World War I
    game (and forward and backward in time from there).  Our goal is to create an integrated game system where players could play from 1860 to Modern Day with units evolving over the course of time.

• A quick reply!  Awesome, thx.  Looking forward to all of the stuff coming ahead :).

• @coachofmany:

@Ben_D:

Just bumping this because I think it would be great to see this project come to fruition.

We are still working on it, will have a big play-test this weekend in Tulsa.
    We will have more information in the newsletter and I will post some here.

One of the projects we are really excited about at Historical Board Gaming
    is our new edition of GLOBAL WAR.   Some of the features that should be
    exciting to games include a number of new units and sculpts including Mountain
    Infantry, Partisans, Light Carriers, Air Transports, Torpedo Boats (and more). 
    features - a completely historically accurate landscape.   The optional 1936 start
    date, new victory conditions, convoy and lend-lease systems and many
    other changes will make this a must have!  The 1936 game features many early war conflicts including the Chinese Civil War, Spanish Civil War, Italian invasion of Abyssinia and others.   Small conflicts and limited income in the early war phase allow players to undertake expanded strategy options as they prepare for the coming war.  Rules will be released in a modular 3 ring binder system allowing you to add pages as supplement sets come out.

We have MANY planned expansions, the first of
    which will be BATTLE FOR THE ATLANTIC, followed by ALLIED SUPER
    WEAPONS.   From there, we’ll not only put out World War II sets
    but work backwards to an Interwar set that connects to a World War I
    game (and forward and backward in time from there).  Our goal is to create an integrated game system where players could play from 1860 to Modern Day with units evolving over the course of time.

Uh, damn. This sounds utterly fantastic. Count me in!

• Customizer

I thought Island Warfare was the first Global Expansion set coming.

• @coachofmany:

features - a completely historically accurate landscape.  Â

So, you say the map will have terrain like mountains and marshes that effect the combat value ? Are the rules finished, or are you open for suggestions ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m