• Building ICs for UK or USA is not a good play unless your playing a tec strat and want to place an IC you know Japan will take so you can bomb it later in the game if you hit HB. The way to win as Axis is Africa Africa Africa. Germany must take and hold Egypt as long as possible to keep its IPC income up to amass units. If you control Egypt you control Kenya, South Africa, IEA. Thats +6 IPCs a turn for you and -6 for UK. This eventually will put enough pressure on Kar to force the Allies to commit units and keep it honest.

Germany needs to hold WE/Berlin/EE. Trading WE is bad business, your wasting units on the retake each round and giving 6 IPC to the Allies. Your bleeding yourself.

Japan should NEVER buy an IC in a tec game, EVER. The second the Allies hit HB your now within bombing range. They cannot reach your capital without HB+LRA. Use transports.

After round 2 the German fleet is usually gone, now its up to Japan to support Africa. Dont lose focus on this trying to sprint to Moscow. You will lose the race. The key to this is holding Sinkiang as soon as possible.

Round 1 buys for Axis (Germany 8 men, sub: Japan 3 men, 2 transports)

In the end no matter your initial tactics the key is your ability to read the board and adapt the battle outcomes. The fight is in Africa……thats where the games won/lost. Unless you get easy tec.

The game is out of balance for the start. Most players use a bidding system for the Axis. If I bid +18 that means I get Axis and place 6 men (or any combo of 18 IPC worth of units) prior to the start. If you play this way dont worry about placing them in EE or UKR (what we call a PE or Power Europe placement). Place them in Asia/Africa. With +18 I place 4 Men Libia, 1 Man Manchuria, 1 Man Kwang.

One note on the Allies…USSR’s open hit should be UKR not EE. Ukr has 2 tanks in it. I hit this wil 7 men, 2 tank, 1 ftr from USSR and roll to the death. Kill that fighter and two German Tanks. Its worth more then EE. Dont forget the German Sub and Tranny!!!

• Anyone interested in Classic Axis and Allies strats this is a great link. I play in AAWC online club that strictly plays classic Axis and Allies 2nd/3rd editions. Some of us for 15 years. This link is the “Greatest Generals Memoirs”. This is where over the years player who reach the #1 ranking within the club could post there strategies for others to view. Some of us who achieved the #1 ranking have never posted, some have. Its a great place to get some views on the game.

http://axisandalliesworldclub.net/GreatestGenerals.asp

• theyve never played hold on to me?

wish id seen them play in a funk. thats an awesome website.

• So, Italiansarecoming!!, you posted this thread back in April/May. What actually happened? You ought to have reported on this by now.
    My prediction is if the Axis player knows what he is doing he should have won. In the early part of the game the Axis can win. If the game goes on a long time then the Allies will win.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m