Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here

• '19 '17 '16

Yes.

• '19

@Panther and @gamerman01 If USA controls Korea, and USSR moves the troops there to reinforce it, Russia doesn’t have DOW on Japan to do so? Mongolia would not be affected right?

• @Sovietishcat It looks like USSR is not at war - at least on the Pacific side of the map. That means it is still under the restrictions of being a neutral power - at least on the Pacific side of the map. So to be able to reinforce US controlled Korea USSR must leave its neutral status there by DOW on Japan. Reinforcing US controlled Korea would not affect Mongolia, as Russia would not attack Korea.

Rules:
    Europe 1940.2, page 37
    “As a result, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions
    of being a neutral power (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15) on the other map …”

Europe 1940.2, page 15:
    “While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power
    can’t move land or air units into or through neutral territories. It can’t move units into or through
    territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another
    power move land or air units into or through its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases.”

Europe 1940.2 page 40:
    “If the Soviet Union has attacked Korea or any Japanese-controlled territory bordering these Mongolian territories while Mongolia was still a strict neutral, Mongolia will remain neutral and not ally itself with the Soviet Union.”

(‘attacked’ bolded by me)

• '19

@Panther thank you very much, I was worried by landing in Korea as reinforcement to USA, it would cancel Mongolia, so as long as I don’t go to Manchuria I should be okay!

• I need a confirmation on the following situation:

If the Allied player has an AB in TJ and of course in India and has never activated Eastern Persia,
    the rule applies that he cannot fly Air over from TJ to India and vise versia.

Correct??

Page 21 in the rules say so.
    Correct?

I am thanking you in advance for the kind and quick answer of my question.

• Nevermind, the route can be bypassed.
    I oversaw the Seaway.

• '19

@Panther I have my Russian Far East Army in Manchuria and want to attack Mongolia Buyaant-Uhaa; I declared war to Mongolia and therefore, the rest of Mongolia would be pro-axis only which does not trigger the other strict neutrals to become pro axis because of the special relationship between Russia and Mongolia. This is what I understand from the Playbook.

Triplea gives you the choice to declare war to neutrals or to Mongolia, but for the other axis nation it only gives you the choice to DOW on neutrals and Mongolia.

Thank you.

• @sovietishcat said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

I have my Russian Far East Army in Manchuria and want to attack Mongolia Buyaant-Uhaa; I declared war to Mongolia and therefore, the rest of Mongolia would be pro-axis only which does not trigger the other strict neutrals to become pro axis because of the special relationship between Russia and Mongolia. This is what I understand from the Playbook.

This is not correct. In case Russia attacks a Mongolian territory all Mongolian territories will immediately become pro-axis, as well as all strict neutrals around the world will immediately become pro-axis, too.

See @gamerman01 's first posting:

@gamerman01 said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

If neither of the above takes place, Mongolia continues on as a strict neutral, but

Will NOT go pro-Axis if the Allies break neutrality elsewhere
     a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia.  This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).

These consequences of a Russian attack on Mogolia are covered by this sentence of the rulebook (Pacific 1940.2, page 39):
    "In all other respects and for all other purposes, the Mongolian territories are treated as any other strict neutral territory. "

In the boardgame you never declare war on neutrals, you simply attack them. It is just TripleA’s attempt to cover the neutral rules as good as possible that led to an implementation that requires declaring war on them.

• '19

@Panther Ok I understand, thank you very much.

• Hi there, i’ve got another question about the mongolians:

• Russia attacked Korea
    • Allies breaked neutrality

What will happen to the mongolians if JPN attacks one monolian territory?
    Do they stay strickly neutral or do they become pro allied?

• @fasthard said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

Hi there, i’ve got another question about the mongolians:

• Russia attacked Korea
    • Allies breaked neutrality

What will happen to the mongolians if JPN attacks one monolian territory?
    Do they stay strickly neutral or do they become pro allied?

Welcome to the forum.

You will break with all Neutrals as Japan.

Read below, please.

**Mongolia:

If Japan attacks a Russian controlled territory bordering Mongolia, all of Mongolia is immediately Russian
    a) If Japan attacks Mongolia in the same combat move (as attacking a Russian controlled territory bordering Mongolia), they break neutrality of all strict neutrals
    b) This is the ONLY way all of Mongolia will immediately turn Russian without territories needing to be activated.**

• Although when the allies already broke neutrality with the strict neutrals before?

• @fasthard said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

Although when the allies already broke neutrality with the strict neutrals before?

Will NOT go pro-Axis if the Allies break neutrality elsewhere
    a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia. This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).
    i) Any OTHER Ally can attack Mongolia directly and this will break neutrality around the world, but the rest of Mongolia will stay neutral
    b) Mongolia WILL go pro-Allied if the Axis break strict neutrality anywhere, including Mongolia.

So in your case with an example:

The US Breaks neutrality with Neutrals in Spain. All Neutrals except Mongolia goes pro Axis. Russia attacks Korea Mongolia will stay as strict neutral.

• @aequitas-et-veritas
    Hi, thanks for your answers. But I’m still not clear.
    Will the mongolians remain strict neutral when the axis attack them when russia already attacked Korea and the US attacked spain before or will they become pro allied?

• @fasthard They will become pro-Allies. The Soviets will not gain immediate control of them, as they previously attacked Korea, but will be able to take control of them normally.

• @Krieghund @Panther @gamerman01

Round 3, Russian turn, Russia not at war, but (European) Axis had already declared war to true neutrals: Can Russia claim Mongolian territories by moving in during non-combat without declaring war to Japan? (They cannot declare war to Germany/Italy as far as I know.)

• @pacifiersboard No. Neutral powers may not enter neutral territories, and no exception is made in this case.

• thanks !

• I said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

Round 3, Russian turn, Russia not at war, but (European) Axis had already declared war to true neutrals: Can Russia claim Mongolian territories by moving in during non-combat without declaring war to Japan? (They cannot declare war to Germany/Italy as far as I know.)

@Krieghund
    I assume in the upper scenario that Russia can claim Mongolia after it did declare war to Japan (even without attacking it).

@gamerman01
    Further I assume there is no difference with this between OOB 2nd edition and BM3/4

• @pacifiersboard said in Mongolia and Neutrals - rules summarized here:

Further I assume there is no difference with this between OOB 2nd edition and BM3/4

Right - balanced mod didn’t make any changes to this area

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m