• Following this thread previously you already know which unit types will be included (page 1), so what’s the point of your post?

There will be no zeppellins, Rail Guns or Forts so…?

• ….So there should be

• No.

If there were a set of 20 different unit types, ok.
    But in a basic 12 types set, simply no.

• I listed 5 different unit types, not 20.

• What colours is this coming out in? I know you said french blue and about 8-9 others. What are the 8-9 other colours? Is dutch orange one of them?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

All of HBG Neutral Colors plus French OOB Blue from Global 40

• Oh awesome. Thanks for the quick reply :-D

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Thoughts?

618_529204383782454_8123823_n.jpg

• Customizer

Very nice.

And he isn’t aiming his gun at anyone. Not sure about the bayonet, though…

• Customizer

What bayonet? I didn’t see any bayonet. Or are you saying that he SHOULD have a bayonet on his rifle?

I think it is a very good French infantry sculpt. Did you guys make that with the 3d printer?

@knp7765:

What bayonet? I didn’t see any bayonet. Or are you saying that he SHOULD have a bayonet on his rifle?

I think it is a very good French infantry sculpt. Did you guys make that with the 3d printer?

All of HBG’s future sets will be Computer modeled, Amerika, Japanese Sets, WW1 set, etc.
    We feel we needed better looking sculpts and sizing of our pieces.

• No one holds a rifle like that. Unless the french shot from the hip. Or its a shotgun and this is the movies?

• @coachofmany:

Why not the correct horizon blue WWI colour?
    Is everything that matters fitting in existing WW2 miniatures?
    What’s the point? After all it is a WW1(!) set.

Or to put it in other words: What’s the point in using a Renault FT17 WWI tank in a WW2 match anyway?
    The units were not used at that time anymore! (some very odd exceptions only).

Why not thinking of creating a whole new WW1 line for those who really are interested in playing WW1 (ONE) instead?
    And with this mindset of course the historically correct colour ought to be the prime colour of the set!
    After that …whatever…Global 40 OOB Blue? I don’t care!
    (release a French WW2 set as well because the Europe 1940 1st/2nd ed. OOB is (Russian) crap anyway!)

• TripleA '12

I love it and definitely think you should make them!

@xxstefanx:

@coachofmany:

Why not the correct horizon blue WWI colour?
    Is everything that matters fitting in existing WW2 miniatures?
    What’s the point? After all it is a WW1(!) set.

Or to put it in other words: What’s the point in using a Renault FT17 WWI tank in a WW2 match anyway?
    The units were not used at that time anymore! (some very odd exceptions only).

Why not thinking of creating a whole new WW1 line for those who really are interested in playing WW1 (ONE) instead?
    And with this mindset of course the historically correct colour ought to be the prime colour of the set!
    After that …whatever…Global 40 OOB Blue? I don’t care!
    (release a French WW2 set as well because the Europe 1940 1st/2nd ed. OOB is (Russian) crap anyway!)

Â

The reason is that we cannot afford to keep expanding colors. We will expand on the set colors based on the HBG and Global 40 colors. You can then expand into WW1, Korea, Vietnam staying with the same color and intermix the pieces. The Renault Ft-17 was used by many Minor Nations at the start of WW2, it was obsolete but used as recon, etc and if people have this in the same color they can use it with their existing armies. This is our vision and we think that our customer would much better have pieces where they can build upon their armies instead of a whole new color from another game. I am sorry you do not like it but our cost in 9 colors in quite expensive and to add another with minimum production runs is too much.

• Customizer

Guys,

The reason is that we cannot afford to keep expanding colors. We will expand on the set colors based on the HBG and Global 40 colors. You can then expand into WW1, Korea, Vietnam staying with the same color and intermix the pieces. The Renault Ft-17 was used by many Minor Nations at the start of WW2, it was obsolete but used as recon, etc and if people have this in the same color they can use it with their existing armies. This is our vision and we think that our customer would much better have pieces where they can build upon their armies instead of a whole new color from another game. I am sorry you do not like it but our cost in 9 colors in quite expensive and to add another with minimum production runs is too much.

––When running a BUSINESS,…you not only want(must) to make decisions based on logic, but Cost Effectiveness. The obviously logical viewpoint of the “Coach” does just this, and has a wonderful side benefit of allowing the “mixing” of different sets/pieces as he mentioned. I’m thrilled that HBG is continuing to be a leader in continuously bringing out more and more sets for all of our enjoyment.
    ––Thank You guys at HBG.

“Tall Paul”

• @Coach

Thank you very much for the extensive answer!
    ANd I fully understand your reasoning!
    (I hope though that a time will come for your company that you can afford such a special set with perfect details (here: colour) as the starting point for an entirely new line (here: WW1)!)

And I DO like the release of the set especially the fact that it comes with the right basic units!
    Btw what will the 12th miniature be? A Machine Gunner, a 2nd (early war) Infantry or something else?
    The destroyer? The transport?

For me as a “history geek” it would have been Christmas to get the 100% WW1 release but honestly I am fine with the set as long as the light blue is really a light blue (not turquoise or with turquoise nuances)! (cannot say as I only own basic A&A sets from HBG)

kind regards
    Stefan

• speaking of WW1 and colors. Is there a plan to make pieces WW1 or otherwise (read ww2) in the Axis and Allies 1914 colors? To ask the same question in a different way. Will I one day be able to buy A-H colored pieces for both ww1 and ww2 armies?

• Customizer

Coach I think this set is a fantastic idea. The French pieces are perfect along with the original neutrals line-up to represent minor nations and alternative history house games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m